WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New kid in town...

Magic Mike

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm new here and wanted to say hello..

Loved boating my whole life, had a 21 Campbell, 29 Magic and a pontoon.
Wife and I used to trailer from L.A. to Moabi/Needles/Havasu for 20 years. Came close to buying a couple river pads but never pulled the trigger. Kids are getting older now and I'm hoping to start spending more time boating and maybe even get a place at the river like I've always dreamed of..
RDP gives me daily hope that maybe I can end up mid week boating like I've always wanted also!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus

Everyone wanna be like Mike [emoji39][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
Sounds like the normal trend. Hit the river a ton until kids start playing sports. Pick it back up when they’re moving on a bit. I loved our trips with the kids when they were little. Trips with just my wife and i are awesome. (Except the mostly wiping down myself).

Magic Mike

Reaction score
Yes exactly, we put giving the kids the best possible head start we could above pretty much everything. Thank god they both have great grades and some athletic talent! Hoping for college scholarships for both. I was working at 16 and never stopped...
Tried hard to teach them old school conservative values also...
So stoked to see Trump banners and lifesize standups in Havasu garages!!!!
Around here, not so much and I'm like a fish out of water. I BELONG in AZ, or maybe TX...

Inlaws have a nice pad and pontoon at Arrowhead, so I get on the water during summer as much as I can. A lot of nice Hallets and Schiadas up there.
To me nothing compares to Topock though!! Maybe Powell, only went once in about 1976.

Only thing I'm really tripping on are boat prices nowadays!

Last edited:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm new here and wanted to say hello..

Loved boating my whole life, had a 21 Campbell, 29 Magic and a pontoon.
Wife and I used to trailer from L.A. to Moabi/Needles/Havasu for 20 years. Came close to buying a couple river pads but never pulled the trigger. Kids are getting older now and I'm hoping to start spending more time boating and maybe even get a place at the river like I've always dreamed of..
RDP gives me daily hope that maybe I can end up mid week boating like I've always wanted also!
Boat 4.2016 docked at Rogers.JPG

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Welcome Magic Mike.... here's a terrible shot from afar of my 29' Wizard.... I'll be off soon this morning doing a run from Newport to Laguna and cruising the harbor. Warm air at the coast today. Have a good one and enjoy the fellow inmates.

Concierge

Reaction score
Yes exactly, we put giving the kids the best possible head start we could above pretty much everything. Thank god they both have great grades and some athletic talent! Hoping for college scholarships for both. I was working at 16 and never stopped...
Tried hard to teach them old school conservative values also...
So stoked to see Trump banners and lifesize standups in Havasu garages!!!!
Around here, not so much and I'm like a fish out of water. I BELONG in AZ, or maybe TX...

Inlaws have a nice pad and pontoon at Arrowhead, so I get on the water during summer as much as I can. A lot of nice Hallets and Schiadas up there.
To me nothing compares to Topock though!! Maybe Powell, only went once in about 1976.

Only thing I'm really tripping on are boat prices nowadays!

Interesting post! Welcome! I'm a neophyte here too.
I learned how to race sailboats in an Optimist, while living in Denmark. Hooked on boating since then! Powerboat races in EYW are my fav, & the special events for sponsors R great fun.
Good luck & happy boating!

Last edited: