WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Lavey Craft 2750 MCOB Twin 300XS's

Gelcoater

Reaction score
This boat has some new top end numbers this week
These speeds are all "real world" numbers with a fully loaded boat with anchor and all other day boating supplies as if you'd be using it on any ordinary day and 1/2 tank of fuel (aprox. 50 gal). The dry weight of this boat is 5100lbs.

91 MPH!! Spinning 14-7/8” x 30” Dewald Cleavers, 1/2" bellow the bottom, at 6100 RPM and still getting 25 PSI of water pressure so there's plenty of room to raise the engines up for more speed.

tvgjmcc.jpg

PnoUn1u.jpg

JhbVGvf.jpg
That is so cool!
I bet there’s another 5-7mph in it easy.

lavey jr

Reaction score
And hey! No speed coat:D

Haha speed coat... I don’t believe in it.

8th place in the World Championships...in what, their 2nd race? Much respect boys!! Conditions there were big-time offshore racing too.

Yup!
Don’t forget it’s also a FULL pleasure boat with a mid cabin open bow, boat is still in full pleasure trim. Well actually it’s probably heavier and it’s in fact slower with the open bow hard cover installed that the customer made himself, its design allows the open bow head rests to still remain in the boat so if you look you’ll notice it’s at a steep angle which kills its aerodynamics and causes the bow to not free up as much as normal.

But yes, congratulations on a great first season of racing as a rookie team against a lot of well established teams!

Lavey 29

Reaction score
The boat looks great. I seen it in person when it was at the street party LHC.

lavey jr

Reaction score
View attachment 820251

You guys built him a great boat.

I may have missed it, but when the dust settled, what model props did he go with and what was the top speed of the 2750?

Well the dust hasn’t fully settled yet. The customer is still waiting for a custom set of Dewalds to test out.

Current best setup is; Dewald 4 blade cleaver over the hub 30 pitch 14 7/8” diameter, 6150rpm, 92mph.

With smaller props he can spin the 300xs’s up to 6350rpm at 89mph.

Customer says that a more realistic top speed with a loaded boat is 90mph. He is doing lots and lots of testing and is pretty confident he’ll end up at 94-95mph.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Well the dust hasn’t fully settled yet. The customer is still waiting for a custom set of Dewalds to test out.

Current best setup is; Dewald 4 blade cleaver over the hub 30 pitch 14 7/8” diameter, 6150rpm, 92mph.

With smaller props he can spin the 300xs’s up to 6350rpm at 89mph.

Customer says that a more realistic top speed with a loaded boat is 90mph. He is doing lots and lots of testing and is pretty confident he’ll end up at 94-95mph.
I think it’s doable.
Cooper ran what? 93?94? With a 525.
This unit has an open bow and the weight associated with that setup but has another 75hp.
Granted, two drives and props to drag vs 1, but I think he might get there.
He may have to pull those front bow rider seats to do it, but it can be done.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Stoked for the owner. Hope is Fire sprinkler business is Killing it!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
@lavey jr

Couple of quick questions.

Are these 20" mids or are they 25's?

Do you know where the customer ended up with motor height?

Would a 24 hold two or do you think it would be better with a single?

If I brought you a boat could you guys do a similar deal to the swim step and redo the transom?

Looking at a 24 and a 26 right now and I am thinking about converting to OB power.

Last edited:

lavey jr

Reaction score
@lavey jr

Couple of quick questions.

Are these 20" mids or are they 25's?

Do you know where the customer ended up with motor height?

Would a 24 hold two or do you think it would be better with a single?

If I brought you a boat could you guys do a similar deal to the swim step and redo the transom?

Looking at a 24 and a 26 right now and I am thinking about converting to OB power.

20” mids on 15” setbacks

1/4” bellow the bottom to keep good water psi in the rough water and handling in the turns, he races this boat fairly regularly.

I would not put twins on a 24, possibly on a 26.
I’d estimate a 24 with a single 400R to run over 85mph and 80 all day long

We’re capable of doing just about anything so yes we can convert a boat. The 24 wouldn’t require any swimstep modification at all, only fill in the transom hole and add in knee braces. 26 would require swimstep modification plus the other stuff. Both boats would also require a full re-wire for the O/B‘s