WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Lot Owner in Mohave Valley, AZ

CobraDave

Reaction score
We just purchased a lot in Mohave Valley, AZ just across from Needles. We are pretty excited to start a build on it!

IMG_8747.png

IMG_8748.png

IMG_8749.jpg

It’s really close to the water and off-roading is right outside the gates. The lot is about 7500 sqft but at 56ft wide, it’s a little narrow. Finding the right floor plan and builder is proving difficult. As well as staying within my budget. I’m trying to do a larger garage, 10ft high doors at least, and smaller 1500 or 1600 sqft 3/2. The price to build is high as expected but seems to be climbing. I’m ready to go if soMeone has a builder insight.

IMG_8327.jpg

IMG_8328.jpg

IMG_8329.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraDave

Reaction score
One decision is whether or not to build block walls on the side matching the back or not. I’m looking to save money but I’m not sure that is where I should. Thoughts?

wishiknew

Reaction score
HOA ?????? Stewart const in Fort Mohave is a good builder

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
2 of my friends are right there, 1 in marina coves and one right down the street from you, they both used Ramsey Brothers to build theirs,
I used Stewart concrete on mine and subbed out the rest

CobraDave

Reaction score
Thank you guys! How did they like Ramsey Brothers? Right now I am getting quotes around $200 a square foot

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Congrats!! So awesome! Do the walls. They are pricey for sure but if there’s one thing I wish I had, its block walls around the property. I went with what I could afford which was chain link bu it once my gme and amc stocks hit the moon I’m getting block walls

CobraDave

Reaction score
Congrats!! So awesome! Do the walls. They are pricey for sure but if there’s one thing I wish I had, its block walls around the property. I went with what I could afford which was chain link bu it once my gme and amc stocks hit the moon I’m getting block walls

Thanks. I’m back and forth because of price.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Not a bad price per sq ft price considering the size of the home...

At 55 wide you are looking at more of shot gun style... What are your offset requirements from the HOA?

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Talk to BRESSMAN construction my house is current being built right now

CobraDave

Reaction score
Not a bad price per sq ft price considering the size of the home...

At 55 wide you are looking at more of shot gun style... What are your offset requirements from the HOA?

5ft on each side, 26ft set back from the street.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Talk to BRESSMAN construction my house is current being built right now

That’s a name I haven’t come across. I’ll look them up.

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
Thank you guys! How did they like Ramsey Brothers? Right now I am getting quotes around $200 a square foot

they both like working with them and are happy with their homes, I would have an architech draw up some plans and go from there, both had to pick from floor plans he had on file and your lot might complicate that. Bressman did my parents house up on the parkway and are happy with it too, I'm in the middle of a owner buider and if you're not in a hurry it will save you some$$

BigMike

Reaction score
We are building in Fort Mohave and using Pawan who is Patriot Estates. Fair prices, will build whatever you want. PM if you want more details

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
How exciting!!!! Congrats to you!!!

CobraDave

Reaction score
54 x 135 is the lot dimensions. Jack Smith, Needles Marina, or a private launch down the road.

I’m leaning towards a slightly modern look like this.
IMG_8734.jpg

Steve what builder would you recommend out that way?

CobraDave

Reaction score
Or something like this.
IMG_8745.jpg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
54 x 135 is the lot dimensions. Jack Smith, Needles Marina, or a private launch down the road.

View attachment 969780

That modern looks great!!!! I’d go that route!!!!

wishiknew

Reaction score

View attachment 969780

I think that private ramp is for Marina Coves only

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
River rRdge Builders have many standard house plans to choose from and they have models built that you can tour. They have fixed standard pricing and will customize anything you want. They have built over 300 home's and are a great company to deal with.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I think that private ramp is for Marina Coves only

I just found that out. My realtor told me multiple times that she confirmed our HOA would have access. Apparently not. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
now that I figured out where you are, we were almost neighbors... I had an offer in on the 2 lots next to you...I pulled my offer and backed out,.. here's why,... the lots next to you are only 50' wide.. cc&r + the HOA is gonna make it tough... there's a 2 to 1 slope in the rear... , that's gonna take up the whole rear set back... the sides are 5' set back, and the houses down from you are right on top of each other.... not trying to be neg. but,.. here's why I backed out..you end up with no parking,..I know it's legal for people to park in front of your house,.... but I don't like it...with a 20' wide drive way, that leaves you with one parking spot per house... so if some one on the block has a couple people over...they park in front of your house.. when I first looked at those lots,.. there was supposed to be a ramp across the street , but that didn't happen because of the current,.. or so I was told...my Idea, was to marry the two lots and have room to build...that would make the lot 100' wide,... and that's what those lots should have been,.. but they some how got the lots approved @ 50'..and I think is was because those were supposed to be mobile home lots back in the day.... 50' is the norm in trailer estates.. they got some crazy sq ft of living/ garage space requirements that pretty much force a 2 story build... I never got an answer on marrying two lots,.. but that would mean double the hoa,. then no boat ramp...like I said, I have a 30' wide house plan with the 30' wide garage in front, you could widen the garage to 40' but It wouldn't be boat deep, I think the lots are 147" deep????? off memory?????? I'll try to post a pic of the plan...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I just found that out. My realtor told me multiple times that she confirmed our HOA would have access. Apparently not. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Same here,..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

thats floor space, not under roof right????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Floor space. A 1500 sqft house and about a 1000 sqft garage

So you have a plan???I was thinking of putting a retaining wall across the back, that would get you alot of back yard space for a pool...how deep is your lot? seems that one was shorter... but wider??? my plan would fit nice... but ,...probley wouldn't be able to make the garage deep enough...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
One decision is whether or not to build block walls on the side matching the back or not. I’m looking to save money but I’m not sure that is where I should. Thoughts?

I'd wait on the wall, If I would have bought the lot next to you I would have split the cost, that's the norm,.. but there are a lot of people that say they don't want the wall to get the bigger lot, if you build the wall now, you have to put it inside of your property line.... that'll take about a foot of your property on that side.... that and it's makes it a pain in the ass to build with only a 4' walk around... I'm thinking when I looked at your lot a few yrs back it was about 135' deep...???.... and that their was a set back of 25' ft , front and back... but maybe it was only 20' so thats 40' total.... that only leaves 95' and with a 40' deep rv garage ... thats why I was thinking 2 story... you could build a 40' by 18' rv, or longer... and have a tuck under 2 car next to it...so the front would be about 40' wide

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

that would be a pretty easy to do plan...

In todays word, you have to think of sq ft under roof... you should be under 100

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
you have room for about 4000 plus under roof.... if you draw out the garage first,.. there is plenty of room for an rv garage.... go look over at the homes in cimarron lake, roger has a new rv garage build going...

CobraDave

Reaction score
So you have a plan???I was thinking of putting a retaining wall across the back, that would get you alot of back yard space for a pool...how deep is your lot? seems that one was shorter... but wider??? my plan would fit nice... but ,...probley wouldn't be able to make the garage deep enough...

A rough plan. Cobalt is having it drafted as we speak. I had to go 10ft garage doors and 50 feet on the boat deep side.

IMG_8856.png

CobraDave

Reaction score
That’s A/C garage, front landscaping, quality finishes and materials as they put it. But no appliances, only pre Plumed for water softener, RO, and ice machine. 2nd bath will have tiled shower. Not sure on the flooring yet but they are pushing high quality laminate but I’m probably doing tile. 300k to build. I paid them to get the plans made but I’m starting to get gun shy. It just seems like too much. I know building materials are more expensive but.....

CobraDave

Reaction score
That’s A/C garage, front landscaping, quality finishes and materials as they put it. But no appliances, only pre Plumed for water softener, RO, and ice machine. 2nd bath will have tiled shower. Not sure on the flooring yet but they are pushing high quality laminate but I’m probably doing tile. 300k to build. I paid them to get the plans made but I’m starting to get gun shy. It just seems like too much. I know building materials are more expensive but.....

With the RV garage it was at 330k

DC-88

Reaction score
Here’s 1/2 of a duplex we’re getting started on in Havasu that is close to fitting in 50’ drawn by JDL design. I build at the beach on 40 to 50’ wide lots all the time and it can be tough . Is the max allowable ht. In that area low? Living space on this is 1650 and garage door is 18’ width which is always nice to actually be able to pull 2 vehicles in. Length on this plan or something similar could be stretched deeper to make a better master/ great room for a SFR. We’re at about 320k per side to build this turn key with garage A/C , 3 toilets, synthetic stucco, TPO and tile roof, cultured stone veneer , RE-bar in the slab with A/B layer under it etc but that’s our cost as the GC. Framing lumber, labor, and trusses are the budget killer currently followed by concrete.
IMG_5086.jpg

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Here’s 1/2 of a duplex we’re getting started on in Havasu that is close to fitting in 50’ . I build at the beach on 40 to 50’ wide lots all the time and it can be tough . Is the max allowable ht. In that area low? Living space on this is 1650 and garage door is 18’ width which is always nice to actually be able to pull 2 vehicles in. Length on this plan or something similar could be stretched deeper to make a better master/ great room for a SFR. We’re at about 320k per side to build this turn key with garage A/C , 3 toilets, synthetic stucco, TPO and tile roof, cultured stone veneer , RE-bar in the slab with A/B layer under it etc but that’s our cost as the GC. Framing lumber, labor, and trusses are the budget killer currently followed by concrete.
View attachment 975230

Damn! I like that! Any chance you can email that to me so I could see it a bit better? How about a front elevation? I am going to build on my lot in Sunriver Oregon this summer, and am trying to iron out the best plan. Lot is 100’ wide with 5’ setbacks. This looks like it would almost fit perfectly.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
A rough plan. Cobalt is having it drafted as we speak. I had to go 10ft garage doors and 50 feet on the boat deep side.

View attachment 974740

Lov'n that plan,.... couple changes I'd make.... put a pocket door going into the master closet... pain in the ass having to open and close the door to get to the stuff behind...also I'd put a barn door separating the master from the master bath , one other thing, I would ditch the wall in the panrty by the washer and make it one big room with some counter space, another pain in the ass to unload the dryer with no place to fold the clothes, that would also give lots of over head cabinets

IMG_1758[4737].jpg
IMG_1760.jpg