WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New M-35 with TCM 1400's

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Just started taping the inner liner mold today.
Primm M35 render 4.jpg
IMG_6679.jpg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
This beauty will be shipped up to Lake Tahoe... I am sure she will be a beast but we will factor in Prop and Gear ratio to make it run fast up at 6,000 feet.
I am sure we will stretch it out at sea level before it heads up to Tahoe.

We shall see...
“So, FAST, but we aren’t going to talk about that until it’s completed and we can show the speed on the GPS”

HitIt

Reaction score
Since it looks like we are going to be with this amazing build from the beginning, I would love to see a few details from the build that the builders work really hard on but most people would hardly notice. Gives us some insight into DCB level builds.

Or maybe you have the process dialed and you are just turning the crank. But my guess is the guys on the floor still drop some f-bombs. I know that at minimum I would start sweating when I was cutting the holes for the gauges.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
This beauty will be shipped up to Lake Tahoe... I am sure she will be a beast but we will factor in Prop and Gear ratio to make it run fast up at 6,000 feet.
I am sure we will stretch it out at sea level before it heads up to Tahoe.

We shall see...

You always have to make sure the benchmarks stay in place right?

dave29

Reaction score
Tony, is this boat going to LK?

Swain

Reaction score
Question what is the price difference from a TCM 1400 compared to a Merc 1350?

Gotta love the TCM Sound

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Question what is the price difference from a TCM 1400 compared to a Merc 1350?

Gotta love the TCM Sound
The sound of the blower engine is very cool for sure. The cost is in fact very close. Mercury has the advantage with the package and with the TCM engine, you have to purchase the transom assembly and the drive separately and drives the cost up.
Thanks

warlock250

Reaction score
The sound of the blower engine is very cool for sure. The cost is in fact very close. Mercury has the advantage with the package and with the TCM engine, you have to purchase the transom assembly and the drive separately and drives the cost up.
Thanks
When you go to resell it everyone turns there nose up to any other motor unless it says Mercury Racing on it, then they cry about hours on the Merc if it's anywhere near there stupid rebuild mark.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
When you go to resell it everyone turns there nose up to any other motor unless it says Mercury Racing on it, then they cry about hours on the Merc if it's anywhere near there stupid rebuild mark.

Most buyers of pre-owned will ask and want Mercury power. The resale is a bit better with Mercury engines. TCM is awesome and we have built a lot of boats with them.
The myth of rebuild time on the 1100's and 1350's is exactly that... Most of the fresh water QCV-4 engines will run for 350+ hours. The Bananas M-35 has over 500+ on it now and runs like a watch. If you take care of it and have is serviced and maintained by a certified Mercury shop, then the will take care of you.

warlock250

Reaction score
Most buyers of pre-owned will ask and want Mercury power. The resale is a bit better with Mercury engines. TCM is awesome and we have built a lot of boats with them.
The myth of rebuild time on the 1100's and 1350's is exactly that... Most of the fresh water QCV-4 engines will run for 350+ hours. The Bananas M-35 has over 500+ on it now and runs like a watch. If you take care of it and have is serviced and maintained by a certified Mercury shop, then the will take care of you.
Yeah when your selling used big power the customers are usually scared to death and using anything they can to beat you down. Just how people are.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
This one is fairly intricate gel scheme... Our Gel coat and lamination crew are so good and take so much pride in their work. This one is starting the gel coat process in the early morning.
IMG_2575.JPG
IMG_2576.JPG
IMG_2577.JPG
IMG_2579.JPG
IMG_2580.JPG
IMG_2581.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Does the TCM and the 1350 perform comparable to each other if cost is similar ?
The turbo 1350 engines make a different level of torque at a lower and higher rpm. The TCM engine is a little more cost effective, however it is not a package like the 1350, transom assembly, and M-8 drive. The 1400 TCM's make great HP and torque as well...

Last edited:

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
The turbo 1350 engines make a different level of torque and a lower and higher rpm. The TCM engine is a little more cost effective, however it is not a package like the 1350, transom assembly, and M-8 drive. The 1400 TCM's make great HP and torque as well...

Well now, that was politically correct, now wasn’t it?:D

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
My guess is high 170’s and maybe 180 max

I’d guess it’s still pulling around the 170 mark, and it’ll come down to who between Bob and Tony have the better water to post the true top end #

Please give me a call or text at 951.757.4159 and I can get your info to send you something.

This could be like a Easter coloring contest the kid who does it the best gets ...... don’t worry i promise us adults won’t cheat and do it for the kido’s :cool:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I’m here to tell any of the haters or skeptics.
Yellow pinstripes in the mold is among one of the bigger pains in the ass a gelcoat guy will face...

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
I’m here to tell any of the haters or skeptics.
Yellow pinstripes in the mold is among one of the bigger pains in the ass a gelcoat guy will face...

Ok, now educate us on the reason why? :)

farmo83

Reaction score
What is the all in time to delivery ?

Awesome build !

lenmann

Reaction score
Holy Moly the level of detail in the bilge/engine compartment is over the top. I have smoothed out and flow coated a couple of engine compartments and know how much work that is. Is it materially easier with an infusion hull? How do you guys get the sharp/crisp edges on the tops of the stringers and such?
Hell that one shot of the engine compartment is so symmetrical it looks like a CAD rendering! It's too perfect.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Holy Moly the level of detail in the bilge/engine compartment is over the top. I have smoothed out and flow coated a couple of engine compartments and know how much work that is. Is it materially easier with an infusion hull? How do you guys get the sharp/crisp edges on the tops of the stringers and such?
Hell that one shot of the engine compartment is so symmetrical it looks like a CAD rendering! It's too perfect.
Thank you for the great comments and it is also nice to see someone catch exactly what you are seeing! We spend hours and hours making our boats look as good as they can. We have some molds for the engine compartments and still have to blend everything in... It is over the top, but our engine compartments, and some of the other places in our boats look better than some other's do on the outside finished product.

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
“And those six guys over there they are all getting brand new shop vac’s from Santa Claus this year”

amazing and it just cracks me up that the guys keep the boats and stay so clean while rigging them and cutting all the holes they have to cut.