WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New member in Dallas - '87 Baker Tunnel!

PilotRyan

Reaction score
Hey RDP!

Long time lurker but just now created an account. I purchased a 1987 18' Baker Custom Bowrider and dragged it back to Texas. Started with a dismantled interior, faded/peeling top cap, and a blown up '79 Merc 140 TOP. After a couple weeks, many hours, and a repower I got her on the water. I repainted the top cap, rigged a new motor, and bought a sewing machine and redid all the upholstery. This is just stage one of probably two or 3. The motor on it is an '89 Suzuki 140 with a 23P. Boat does about 52 mph as it sits. I plan on purchasing a 1994 Evinrude 175 Intruder from a friend this winter to see how that spices things up. A couple before and afters:

20200616_134657308_iOS.jpg
20200616_134723035_iOS.jpg
BMGB5120.JPG
baker 2 (2).jpeg

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Hope you're enjoying that boat. As you probably know it's not the typical boat sought out by most people on the forum but who cares! I love it. I love that you did all the work yourself and you're out there on the water having fun and making memories! Power to you brother, welcome aboard and keep us posted with some updates as you refine your vessel!

PilotRyan

Reaction score
Welcome! Hope you're enjoying that boat. As you probably know it's not the typical boat sought out by most people on the forum but who cares! I love it. I love that you did all the work yourself and you're out there on the water having fun and making memories! Power to you brother, welcome aboard and keep us posted with some updates as you refine your vessel!
My goal is to see how far I can push this hull. I'd like to see 80 mph from it at some point.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about that hull but I've heard those tunnels can get moving. Good luck and be safe. Also, if this is your first time with a sewing machine, bravo, looks good from here. Especially for the small price of sweat equity.

PilotRyan

Reaction score
I don't know much about that hull but I've heard those tunnels can get moving. Good luck and be safe. Also, if this is your first time with a sewing machine, bravo, looks good from here. Especially for the small price of sweat equity.
Hahaha I appreciate that. I worked myself like a sweatshop employee to get that interior done. I had never sewn anything in my life. Found an old industrial Singer sewing machine, watched some youtube, and went to town. Around $700 in materials and about 40 ish hours of work.