WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SSFISH86

Reaction score
Hey just joined [emoji1688], everyone calls me Fish, got my first jet boat, and will be selling my wakeboard boat, me and my lady go to Blythe, we have a spot at McIntyre camp, been there for 15+ years, just picked up this 1979 bahner [emoji1360], looking to add some of my own touches and looking forward to this season, hello everyone !
IMG_3580.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Welcome to RDP. Nice looking Bahner. 👍

73mandella

Reaction score

Is that a Jacuzzi jet? We had one in our 77 Caribbean. My wife bought the boat for $7000 out the door at the LA Boat Show, I was tuck at work. We didn't even have a vehicle that could tow the boat home. We replaced the Jacuzzi with a dominator several years later. My son now owns the boat and he's done a lot of work on the engine and jet.

Reactions: DWC

SSFISH86

Reaction score
Haha that’s an awesome story! Amazing the boats are worth the same Or even more than you guys paid all those years ago ! And not having a vehicle to even tow it home [emoji23], that’s great haha ! It’s actually a berkley jet, it just has a cover/shield thing on it close to the hull so it throws you off, Berkley with a split bowl, droop, B impeller, ride plate and Manual place diverter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73mandella

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the boat. I unfortunately don't know the jet or engine specs, my son rebuilt the boat several years ago. I only know it has 691hp.

Attachments

• IMG_1067.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG
    372.5 KB · Views: 123

SSFISH86

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the boat. I unfortunately don't know the jet or engine specs, my son rebuilt the boat several years ago. I only know it has 691hp.

Wow ! That’s awesome ! He did a great job ! What a killer build! And such a cool story behind the boat ! That’s a good horsepower number also ! Still on 91 do you know ?

73mandella

Reaction score
Wow ! That’s awesome ! He did a great job ! What a killer build! And such a cool story behind the boat ! That’s a good horsepower number also ! Still on 91 do you know ?

Premium pump gas. I believe it's 10.25:1 compression, but I'll have to ask.

73mandella

Reaction score
Engine built my son:
532 cubic inch Ford
Full roller engine
Solid lifters
Crain gold roller rockers
Trick Flow Power Port 325 heads
Lightening jacketed headers
Offenhauser Tunnel with two 750 Hollys
MSD distributor and 6AL box
John Kasse oil pump
Westech Dyno: 691.7 hp at 6000 rpm
Armando 10q racing oil pan

Dominator pump
Pump work by Jet Boat Performance
Atascadero, Ca
Stainless A Impeller

Top speed 97 mph on GPS
2015 New Year’s Day
Lake Elsinore, CA
(It actually showed that day)

Photo of engine before my son decided to upgrade.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 78

SSFISH86

Reaction score
Engine built my son:
532 cubic inch Ford
Full roller engine
Solid lifters
Crain gold roller rockers
Trick Flow Power Port 325 heads
Lightening jacketed headers
Offenhauser Tunnel with two 750 Hollys
MSD distributor and 6AL box
John Kasse oil pump
Westech Dyno: 691.7 hp at 6000 rpm
Armando 10q racing oil pan

Dominator pump
Pump work by Jet Boat Performance
Atascadero, Ca
Stainless A Impeller

Top speed 97 mph on GPS
2015 New Year’s Day
Lake Elsinore, CA
(It actually showed that day)

Photo of engine before my son decided to upgrade.

Holy hell! That’s is friggin awesome ! That’s a hell of a build and some impressive numbers !!! That thing is a runner ! That’s a quick clean ass boat !

73mandella

Reaction score
Thanks. It's actually too much for the Caribbean. Unfortunately, this hull does not have full stringers, so we never keep our foot in it too long. But, it is a rush. The boat rides as if it were on rails.

Do you have any specs on the Bahner?

SSFISH86

Reaction score
Thanks. It's actually too much for the Caribbean. Unfortunately, this hull does not have full stringers, so we never keep our foot in it too long. But, it is a rush. The boat rides as if it were on rails.

Do you have any specs on the Bahner?

That’s insane brother ! OK I’ll tell you exactly what I know about it, I know that my buddy has seen this boat up for sale a couple times and he’s been bugging me and bugging me because I’ve been looking for a jet boat for a while, It finally popped back up for sale and I called off work and drove from Cali to Arizona to check it out, I believe the guy told me it’s a 496, I’ll have to look back and see if I can find the post where he put some of the motor specs, it runs on avgas, and I believe he said it dynode at 652 hp, the guy I got it from owns a pump shop, so he said when he got the boat in as a trade for something else it ran about 73 or so And after he got done redoing the pump, they GPS’d it at 89, It is a full stringer however, and it did run great on the test drive, although it was still early in the morning and cold, I don’t know if I gave it all it had because even through my big sunglasses my eyes were watering and it was hard to see haha, and I certainly couldn’t see good enough to look down at the tack and see what rpm I was even at haha, Let me see if I can find some more info on the motor, the only thing about the pump is that I know he redid it, I know it’s a Berkeley split bowl, has a droop and a manual place diverter, and I believe he said it has a B impeller , and an inducer, I’m not super knowledgeable on the stuff yet, but I do know it seems like everybody is going to A impellers, i’m not sure the pros and cons, and I’m pretty sure he set it up this way for a reason being that he owns a pump shop, however I don’t know what it would do if I switched it to an A, I’m pretty sure if I want to I would have to tear apart all his work he did and rip the pump apart

73mandella

Reaction score
That’s insane brother ! OK I’ll tell you exactly what I know about it, I know that my buddy has seen this boat up for sale a couple times and he’s been bugging me and bugging me because I’ve been looking for a jet boat for a while, It finally popped back up for sale and I called off work and drove from Cali to Arizona to check it out, I believe the guy told me it’s a 496, I’ll have to look back and see if I can find the post where he put some of the motor specs, it runs on avgas, and I believe he said it dynode at 652 hp, the guy I got it from owns a pump shop, so he said when he got the boat in as a trade for something else it ran about 73 or so And after he got done redoing the pump, they GPS’d it at 89, It is a full stringer however, and it did run great on the test drive, although it was still early in the morning and cold, I don’t know if I gave it all it had because even through my big sunglasses my eyes were watering and it was hard to see haha, and I certainly couldn’t see good enough to look down at the tack and see what rpm I was even at haha, Let me see if I can find some more info on the motor, the only thing about the pump is that I know he redid it, I know it’s a Berkeley split bowl, has a droop and a manual place diverter, and I believe he said it has a B impeller , and an inducer, I’m not super knowledgeable on the stuff yet, but I do know it seems like everybody is going to A impellers, i’m not sure the pros and cons, and I’m pretty sure he set it up this way for a reason being that he owns a pump shop, however I don’t know what it would do if I switched it to an A, I’m pretty sure if I want to I would have to tear apart all his work he did and rip the pump apart

Those are some really respectable numbers. I like the that it’s a full-stringer hull, I’d feel much safer if ours had full-length stringers. Enjoy your boat and stay safe. My wife insists that we wear vests whenever we go out to play hard.

SSFISH86

Reaction score
Those are some really respectable numbers. I like the that it’s a full-stringer hull, I’d feel much safer if ours had full-length stringers. Enjoy your boat and stay safe. My wife insists that we wear vests whenever we go out to play hard.

Haha yeah she’s probably right about that, thank you very much, I’m sure I’ll put some updated pictures of the work I’m gonna be doing to the boat in the next couple months, I’ll try to put some pictures of progress, I’m still trying to figure out this website and how to post correctly haha