WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Merc 360 Outboard!!

mbrown2

Reaction score
Bad ass......can't wait for the shiftable version!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
If half as good as they say, wow. “Instead of 1-3 races we expect to see multiple seasons without rebuilding”
And the last comment on the video they dropped on Instagram when he hints to the recreational and other outboards coming.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Under 500 lbs. Most of the 80lb weight savings is from shaving 8 inches off the mid section though... There is hope for small boat owners yet... An increase in compression from 10:1 to 11:1 brings peak rpm to 7000. IV SSM has no reverse or neutral. Good to know that there is 60 horsepower in the 300r with better airflow and a smaller flywheel.

The overdrive system sounds really interesting. They are trying to get it to compete with the 9600 rpm that the current 2 stroke produces. I would be interested in learning more about that.

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
Am I the only one that their mind instantly thinks how rad a pair of those things would be on a new 25 speedster!! Out side of not having any reverse would be an issue for most. I never back up anyways, always goin forward 😎 just sayin if I had FU money....

PlanB

Reaction score
In the release from Mercury this morning they said this motor would only be available to race teams. I wonder how strict they will be with that?

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Am I the only one that their mind instantly thinks how rad a pair of those things would be on a new 25 speedster!! Out side of not having any reverse would be an issue for most. I never back up anyways, always goin forward 😎 just sayin if I had FU money....

How about a 24ft LCB !!!! It would be a monster ! Seriously hurt some feelings.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Bad ass......can't wait for the shiftable version!

Not gonna happen. The boats are going to have to be bigger, I know mine in no way would put up with another 160+lard buckets on the back. Buuuuuuuuut the cash expansive f1h20 teams will eat this up and hopefully some more 2.5 parts return to the states,

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Under 500 lbs. Most of the 80lb weight savings is from shaving 8 inches off the mid section though... There is hope for small boat owners yet... An increase in compression from 10:1 to 11:1 brings peak rpm to 7000. IV SSM has no reverse or neutral. Good to know that there is 60 horsepower in the 300r with better airflow and a smaller flywheel.

The overdrive system sounds really interesting. They are trying to get it to compete with the 9600 rpm that the current 2 stroke produces. I would be interested in learning more about that.
I bet most of it comes from the lack of a trim cylinder and likely 20lbs at least from the lower unit.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Am I the only one that their mind instantly thinks how rad a pair of those things would be on a new 25 speedster!! Out side of not having any reverse would be an issue for most. I never back up anyways, always goin forward [emoji41] just sayin if I had FU money....
Shit..... My reverse dogs were shaved before I bought the lower. I haven't had reverse in years. I do have neutral though so that is nice.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Seems like a gigantic overweight overpriced pile of shit that no mere mortals will ever get their hands on. I wonder if comes with a propshaft warranty that covers the prop?

An early '80s 2.4L or later 2.5 on a 12" mid would come in at more than 130lbs lighter than that and has the capability of more HP with the right guy building it.

Meh. An F1 race motor and all they found over their production stuff was 60hp? That's laughable.

Al Stoker, Monte, and anyone from 2nd Effort are likely giggling at this...

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
It's still naturally aspirated. Throw a blower on it and your probably at 500 horses. The sst f1 and drag motors didn't have warranties either and they were strictly race only. I wonder how long before @randycorson has a pair of these strapped on the back of a liberator. I know why @HydroSkreamin added a bunch of flotation to the back of his eliminator now! 🦄

lbhsbz

Reaction score
It's still naturally aspirated. Throw a blower on it and your probably at 500 horses. The sst f1 and drag motors didn't have warranties either and they were strictly race only. I wonder how long before @randycorson has a pair of these strapped on the back of a liberator. I know why @HydroSkreamin added a bunch of flotation to the back of his eliminator now! 🦄

Make it a 4.6L N/A 2 stroke that didn't need to meet emissions regulations and it would be at 600 and lose some weight.

HST4ME

Reaction score
The huge thing is reliability. Going through power heads every race as much as I love the 2.5 is a huge financial burden these days. Plus this thing is
1600234597080.png
approved.

I bet they will be selling a lot of those flywheels. :) I wonder what is left of our american series will do.

stingray11

Reaction score
Flatties have neutral, no wonder they need a 24 volt starter, start in gear

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
Seems like a gigantic overweight overpriced pile of shit that no mere mortals will ever get their hands on. I wonder if comes with a propshaft warranty that covers the prop?

An early '80s 2.4L or later 2.5 on a 12" mid would come in at more than 130lbs lighter than that and has the capability of more HP with the right guy building it.

Meh. An F1 race motor and all they found over their production stuff was 60hp? That's laughable.

Al Stoker, Monte, and anyone from 2nd Effort are likely giggling at this...

It will also last seasons and not 2-3 races

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duramax

Reaction score
They are neat, but I will stick with my nasty 260's.

Whatever happened to the 400 ROS?

PlanB

Reaction score
I know a lot of guys that have 260's, 280's, and 300's that won't shift them while running to help save the lower.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I started my 2.5's (280's) and 300x's in gear as much as possible.

HST4ME

Reaction score
They are neat, but I will stick with my nasty 260's.

Whatever happened to the 400 ROS?

Obsolete now. Expect a 450 version soon I would think. The 3.4/4.6 motors are so much better not only weight wise but other merits too over the veradoo.

SLT Kota

Reaction score
In the release from Mercury this morning they said this motor would only be available to race teams. I wonder how strict they will be with that?

I bet pretty similar to how they have been with the ROS motors, not exactly easy to get but money talks and with enough of it you will be able to get your hands on one.

The reliability of it is what has me the most excited, if they expect these to last several seasons on the back of a race boat then they still have plenty of room for expanding the new V8's in the recreational market.