WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Nikola Truck

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Advanced Supercapacitor Launch Assist that blends with lithium ion and fuel-cell

Sounds like a drag strip feature to me.

Dan'l

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If you think batteries are expensive, try hydrogen fuel cells.

Toyota’s cost for the fuel cell stack in the Mirai is about $50k [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
thanks for posting this. Nikola is a super-exciting company to watch. They're biting off a lot and if they can continue to do it all and get it done it will be amazing.

they've changed/flipped on their powertrains last I read they were into hydrogen fuel and this seems to confirm that. It could put them way ahead of Tesla in the heavy duty truck category. But one of the big challenges they all have is infrastructure. Charging (for Tesla) and hydrogen fueling for Nikola. But big trucking companies can put in hydrogen fuel stations pretty easily and the gas stations will follow.

Now that Nikola is going into competition with Tesla's Funkytruck ("Cybertruck") and Rivian, they may just have an advantage that could make them the winner. And if that happens and hydrogen explodes (pun intended) in popularity, watch out Tesla and Rivian. They'll all likely make it in one form or another but the wildcard will continue to be the other huge automakers who are busy working on their own vehicles (like Chevy's Hummer).

nikola-badger-electric-pickup-truck.jpg

rivian-R1T-electric-crew-cab-pickup-truck-with-zero-emissions.jpg

Tesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Static-Front-3-4-View.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 4.01.48 PM.png

Meaney77

Reaction score
Inst this the same company that had the environmentally friendly UTV at the sand show? The UTV that could tear up mother nature but its less impactful because its battery powered?

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Inst this the same company that had the environmentally friendly UTV at the sand show? The UTV that could tear up mother nature but its less impactful because its battery powered?
They have a couple UTVs. Military and consumer. Also have a sit down personal watercraft. I have spent some time in their R&D shop for some alternative fuel classes I’m putting on for work. It’s an amazing company with a state of the art facility. Hydrogen power is a legit system.

Javajoe

Reaction score
All smoke and mirrors. Nobody can come close to what Tesla is doing.

Pesky Varmint

Reaction score
Make sure you watch the video. Even if you hate the pickup, or, especially if you hate the pickup.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Pretty funny they towed it up a hill and filmed it coasting down. They said it was in motion lol but never said it was under power

Javajoe

Reaction score
Milton is a joke and a fraud and so is his company. Really sad to deceive investors that way. That company will always have a black mark against them. The Rivian truck is bad ass. Elon says his truck is constantly changing. I’m sure it will evolve a lot. Pretty strange truck but all his shit is pretty bad ass so let’s wait and see what he builds. My wife has an S and that baby screams with power

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Milton is a joke and a fraud and so is his company. Really sad to deceive investors that way. That company will always have a black mark against them. The Rivian truck is bad ass. Elon says his truck is constantly changing. I’m sure it will evolve a lot. Pretty strange truck but all his shit is pretty bad ass so let’s wait and see what he builds. My wife has an S and that baby screams with power

Milton also resigned this week [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro