WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Nordic?

hallett21

Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook. Can tell if it’s the 47 or a new hull.

No Carolina flare so I don’t think it’s the new CC

IMG_4545.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yes it’s a 48’ vee! I’ll run down and take some pics Monday. Looks killer.

Thanks sent me some pics of the plug awhile back but my phone glitched and I lost all the photos out of it texts

Tank

Reaction score
Yes it’s a 48’ vee! I’ll run down and take some pics Monday. Looks killer.

Thanks sent me some pics of the plug awhile back but my phone glitched and I lost all the photos out of it texts

Offshore style or CC?

Thane loves him some orange huh!?

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Offshore style or CC?

Thane loves him some orange huh!?
Offshore style. Big bustle off the back. It's getting staggered 1100's.
I didnt take pics....

Lots of sparkle in the gel....

The boys were buffing their asses off when I walked by it. :D

Tank

Reaction score
Offshore style. Big bustle off the back. It's getting staggered 1100's.
I didnt take pics....

Lots of sparkle in the gel....

The boys were buffing their asses off when I walked by it. :D
Oh damn! Can't wait to see that big bastard!

hallett21

Reaction score
Is this a Catalina legal boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Pretty sure Randy Davis ownes Nordic boats and Hallet. Thane is the manager . I think designer also.

Talking 2 different guys.
Walt is talking about the guy with the 43 and deck.

Randy own the company and most of his boats (usually first ones out of mold) have orange in them as well.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Nordic Boats of Lake Havasu, AZ, has announced two new models nearing completion: a 48-foot vee bottom and a 31-foot catamaran.

General manager Thane Tiemer told Speedboat that the new 48’ Poker Run has been a year in the making, with the first three already sold—one of which is for company president Randy Davis. Tiemer said the boat will be powered by Mercury Racing 1100 engines with M6 drives.

Tiemer said that Nordic Boats owner Randy Davis, along with two of his friends, wanted to own fully gel-coated vee bottoms in the 46 to 50 range. “We had our 39, which ran amazing,” Tiemer says. “So after I designed that one, I based the new 48’ off of that bottom. It’s got a full to-the-water bustle, the whole nine yards.” (Nordic’s 39 Poker Run features a pair of 700 SCis, yielding a top speed of 110 mph. IMCO Marine owns one of the Nordic 39s.)

The first 48’ Poker Run out of the mold (pictured above) was originally earmarked as Davis’s personal boat. “But that might change because one of our customers is all over it,” Tiemer chuckles. He said the new model will feature 100% composite construction with carbon Kevlar, all gelcoat, with a cabin sporting cabinets, sink area and cupboards all coming out of a one-piece mold. “No seams and no joining, no nothing,” he says.

The 48 will also feature T-top doors in the front of the deck. “So when you park on the beach, you press a button from outside of the boat and they’ll lift up,” Tiemer says. “Then you can pull out all your lawn chairs and stuff instead of carrying everything from the back of the boat. There’s easy access onto the deck from the dash. There’s hidden bimini top that’s all tucked away, a flushable head, and so much more. It’s fully loaded.”

The 48’ models that are currently being built will also feature a “beach door” on the side of the boat, similar to the ones built into the Hallett 40-footers built by Nordic in recent years. “They’ll be electric, not the mechanical,” he says. “This boat will have a button you push, and the door will slide open.”

@nordicboatsusa @nordic_racing_usa @ Nordic Boats USA

attitude

Reaction score
I’m a tunnel guy but that vee is sexy!

Tank

Reaction score
sick! Bring that focker out to the pacific ocean and we’ll do a little R&D on it. :D

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Strange question for the Big Blue runners: What happens to that long bustle if you launch off of a big roller and come down bow high?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Is this similar to the Catalina ski race boat? That has to be about this size

Tank

Reaction score
Strange question for the Big Blue runners: What happens to that long bustle if you launch off of a big roller and come down bow high?
Guess it depends on how well
The boats built. Lol

it’s the same shit as the top of a tunnel slapping. I’ve never heard of one breaking, thought you’d think you put enough pressure on that big piece hanging way out there it would break it right off.

Outerlimits, MTI, Skater loves them some bustles and they race their shit. Never a problem

I’m Not a fan of bustles myself.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Think the Catalina Boat is 43 ft. They limit overall length. That’s why Mike Avila cut the nose off his fountain.

I am far from expert, but I think its a "running surface" limit, hence fountains getting their noses cut off. If you look at the Nordic Catalina boat, there is a length of the ass end that that is not running surface and up higher which I understood was for this rule to be compliant, but the overall length being longer. Some more in the know will chime in I am sure. This thing is bad ass though.

fmo24

Reaction score
I am far from expert, but I think its a "running surface" limit, hence fountains getting their noses cut off. If you look at the Nordic Catalina boat, there is a length of the ass end that that is not running surface and up higher which I understood was for this rule to be compliant, but the overall length being longer. Some more in the know will chime in I am sure. This thing is bad ass though.
No boat shall exceed forty-three (43) feet in length. The boat is measured from the bow (farthest point forward) to the lowest part of the transom that the drives are mounted on. Notched transoms will not constitute the end of the measurement

from the rule book

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
so the steps on the back "bustle area are beyond the transom then I guess by the rules maybe?

nordic1.jpg

Teague_JR

Reaction score
Guess it depends on how well
The boats built. Lol

it’s the same shit as the top of a tunnel slapping. I’ve never heard of one breaking, thought you’d think you put enough pressure on that big piece hanging way out there it would break it right off.

Outerlimits, MTI, Skater loves them some bustles and they race their shit. Never a problem

I’m Not a fan of bustles myself.

Seems to be a VERY rare occurrence for as much as it is talked about... I do remember Johnny Tomlinson damaging the bustle of the Gasse 48 MTI in Key West standing it up in the bumps maybe 6 years ago, but that was a much thinner "race bustle " than the modern skater bustles, much like this Nordic. I personally wouldnt worry about it.

JT

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
Seems to be a VERY rare occurrence for as much as it is talked about... I do remember Johnny Tomlinson damaging the bustle of the Gasse 48 MTI in Key West standing it up in the bumps maybe 6 years ago, but that was a much thinner "race bustle " than the modern skater bustles, much like this Nordic. I personally wouldnt worry about it.

JT
Yeah, I haven't really ever seen one break but they look sketchy as shit to me! LOL

What's up John? Hows the Fountain running?

Teague_JR

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't really ever seen one break but they look sketchy as shit to me! LOL

What's up John? Hows the Fountain running?

Hey dude.. fountain is currently in winter upgrade, repair, maintain mode. Both drives are off at TCM getting upgraded upper shafts and new clutches... so actually the fountain isn’t running lol

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
boats this big are no joke to gel in the mold....my vagina definitely had a little sand in it:D

Nice work again, do you have that photo handy of when you re gelled the Catalina race boat, the 47', there was a great photo showing the bustle off the back behind the transom, but higher than the running surface. My photo you can't tell as its in the water.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What'd the finished product look like? I don't know if I'd want to trust that bow in a stuff!! :eek::eek::eek:

it’s almost hard to believe but when you repair them they are as strong as the original. Fiberglass is fiberglass

Tank

Reaction score
it’s almost hard to believe but when you repair them they are as strong as the original. Fiberglass is fiberglass

that’s my point. That looks like a foam core filler, not fiberglass. Maybe it’s just the angle of the photo.

fmo24

Reaction score
that’s my point. That looks like a foam core filler, not fiberglass. Maybe it’s just the angle of the photo.
I think the foam is to establish the shape then the glass will be tied into existing structure. Wettted fiberglass needs support or a mold until cured