First In

Reaction score
What’s the size and design look like?
looks like a nice area👍

530RL

Reaction score
What’s the size and design look like?
looks like a nice area👍
Great questions but I figured the fun would be in posting the process as it goes and then getting the details as it progresses.

Happy to answer questions as it progresses but wanted to let the big picture develop over time. 👍👍

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Is it on a taxiway? 😁

I’ve been watching a huge “shed” going up at KDVT, on the south end.

Everybody’s getting ready for the Super Bowl next year.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Wow the costing in this footings alone is going to be out of this world! I just had small footings pour and paid a bunch. Good job to you to be able to get a shed and office space like that!

DLC

Reaction score
That looks great! Soil looks good and compact, optimum moisture, back hoe operator did a nice job ! No humps & bumps and flat tight footings

what’s the Sq footage of the shed? How tall are the walls you getting a 2nd floor Mezz?

is it concrete tilt up ? Footings look to wide for block

where is it located? When is the grand opening party?

Im a nosy F’er 🧐

congratulations !

DLC

Reaction score
Wait a minute… you have twin shitters!
how May people do you plan having on the job site? Is this shed going to be fast tracked? Elbows and assholes?

lol

530RL

Reaction score
Wait a minute… you have twin shitters!
how May people do you plan having on the job site? Is this shed going to be fast tracked? Elbows and assholes?

lol
If you don’t take care of the workers, they don’t take care of you. 🤔

That looks great! Soil looks good and compact, optimum moisture, back hoe operator did a nice job ! No humps & bumps and flat tight footings

what’s the Sq footage of the shed? How tall are the walls you getting a 2nd floor Mezz?

is it concrete tilt up ? Footings look to wide for block

where is it located? When is the grand opening party?

Im a nosy F’er 🧐

congratulations !
Patience.

Wow the costing in this footings alone is going to be out of this world! I just had small footings pour and paid a bunch. Good job to you to be able to get a shed and office space like that!
About 220 yards or so I am told. 🤷

Reactions: DLC

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I thought they always cored them through the wall as they never have the plans approved at this point
Depends. Sometimes the UG plans are approved before the OH plans are approved. They have a 1 piece riser now with no fittings that goes under the footing. See link. We usually only go thru the wall on retro-fits or when there is a leak below the footing.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Goes in tomorrow. 4 inch.
4" 🤔 I guess the building is smaller then it looks in the pictures on RDP. And you don't plan on storing very high. 😳 I would have figured at least 6". Do you know the cities static water pressure?

530RL

Reaction score
4" 🤔 I guess the building is smaller then it looks in the pictures on RDP. And you don't plan on storing very high. 😳 I would have figured at least 6". Do you know the cities static water pressure?
It’s just a shed. 🤷🤷

No idea on the static water pressure but it was 20 months for approval so I suspect it has been well vetted.

The wall height is 35 feet. Ceiling height ranges from 31 to 29 feet other than the mezzanine with office. 🤔

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It’s just a shed. 🤷🤷

No idea on the static water pressure but it was 20 months for approval so I suspect it has been well vetted.

The wall height is 35 feet. Ceiling height ranges from 31 to 29 feet other than the mezzanine with office. 🤔
Keep posting pictures. I love seeing new tilt ups being built.

Last edited:

wishiknew

Reaction score
It’s just a shed. 🤷🤷

20 months exactly

530RL

Reaction score
Your slacking with the pics 530..:p
Just boring underground plumbing and electrical. Plus some discussion by architects and concrete people on exactly how the concrete wall finishes should look.

Waste slabs start early April.

6EC77ADA-3BD9-42FE-9CA4-A7ADD064BD1D.jpeg

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
Are you going to share with us what’s gonna go in the shed?

DLC

Reaction score
Looking Great!

I’ve built many of those buildings!
brings back some good memories from when I was younger.

this is going to be so cool for you when it’s all done!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
idk what im looking at but this looks so expensive!
They pour the concrete for the walls on the slab. Once cured they tilt the walls up using a crane and use pipe braces at a 45* to keep them upright. Once all the walls are up they will start installing the wood / metal roof trusses that ties into the walls. Then they will take the braces down. Then all the MEP trades start installing their conduit, pipes, duct work at the roof.

530RL

Reaction score
As Bobby states it is a slab they pour the 10 inch wall on. Once the walls are completed, cured and lifted in place they scrape up the slabs and off to the dump they go.

The wood pieces in the middle are openings in the walls. Next comes the rebar guys. Once all formed up and filled with steel they will hopefully be poured late next week with 485 yards of concrete.

My wife refers to this shed as my “final resting place”.

Let’s hope after I get it done. 😬

Last edited: