WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Old River Runner w/ a Blender:)

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Just P/U this Bahner 19. Real excited, my first blender, had a Lavey Sabre before W/ a Whipped 525.Loved it. Anyhow, 2 kids later a Lavey boat sale:( and I had
the itch to get back. It's a 1980-81 225 2.4 Powerhead Carb pre-mix . Have not mashed the throttle yet,will do this weekend at Needles., just been doing harbor cruising, just got it dialed in last month.
It has the stock Carb housing PIC attached is not actual but it does have the pipe intakes. Ant thoughts on removing this housing it is stock jetting for the most part as far as I know. Don't want to burn her up.TIA BAHNER 225.jpg carb II.jpg

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Just P/U this Bahner 19. Real excited, my first blender, had a Lavey Sabre before W/ a Whipped 525.Loved it. Anyhow, 2 kids later a Lavey boat sale:( and I had
the itch to get back. It's a 1980-81 225 2.4 Powerhead Carb pre-mix . Have not mashed the throttle yet,will do this weekend at Needles., just been doing harbor cruising, just got it dialed in last month.
It has the stock Carb housing PIC attached is not actual but it does have the pipe intakes. Ant thoughts on removing this housing and let run naked? it is stock jetting for the most part as far as I know. Don't want to burn her up.TIA View attachment 1031234 View attachment 1031235
The factory clam shell cowlings attach to the bottom of the intake cover so modifications would need to be done to run it totally naked. I run mine 'topless' as in I took the little pipe things off. Doubt it made any difference but I feel better about it. lol!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I raced mod vp with 2 and 2.4 liters and we always took the box off and went with velocity stacks. Easier to work on the carbs as well. Another trick is to run the water dump lines out the bottom of the cowl, pulling the water out of the expansion chamber basically (the mid section). Running the mid dryer helps a bit with power. Best thing you can do is add a bobs nose cone with low water pick up and then start messing with engine heights.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Just took the carb box off gonna run it freestyle 🇺🇸

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
So here is the X dim on it the top of the pole is the bottom of the hull. My plan is to run a 21 Four blade eventually(still testing props) should I bring the motorup a notch? doing mostly river running Going to get the kids up on some boards shortly. Don't necessarily need a surface running prop setup.
7E22FD39-E595-4704-A63C-7FDC44A04B30.jpeg

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
If you have a nose cone with low water pickups you can raise that a couple of inches and get better top end, you will lose some hole shot though. If the main use is water sports with the kids you might want to just leave it as is. A Mercury 17 pitch High Five might be a really good prop for water sports.

stoker2001

Reaction score
don't raise with those OEM water intakes,suprised you get H20 pressure at that height...