WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New pool

phuggit

Reaction score
We closed on our retirement home today and met with Desert Storm Pools to finalize the back yard plans. It should be done by spring 2021.

Pool2.jpg
Pool1.jpg

DLC

Reaction score
Oh man that’s great!

what part of town is the retirement casa In?
north
middle
south

phuggit

Reaction score
Damn that's not good to hear. I liked your your pool and it was a deciding factor when we chose a builder.

DLC

Reaction score
North point is nice we looked at the models.

it looks like the lot Sizes vary for the different sized homes. When did you buy? They said sign today move in 365 days later...

EarpRider

Reaction score
Damn that's not good to hear. I liked your your pool and it was a deciding factor when we chose a builder.
Just make sure you stay on top of EVERYTHING. Currently we have to move the propane tank because of red tag from fire dept.. (6" to close to pool electrical panel). Had Brian put a little more thought into where all of the equipment was going to be installed this would not have happened . But sense he completely forgot about the heat pump until two hours into the pool equipment install and I had to bring it to his attention, I guess it could have been worse. He's just not a big fan of being on site, usually just long enough to smoke a cigarette, talk on the phone and then he's gone.

phuggit

Reaction score
North point is nice we looked at the models.

it looks like the lot Sizes vary for the different sized homes. When did you buy? They said sign today move in 365 days later...
We started our house in January and it was completed October 21st. Very happy with the builders. They got it finished when they promised and they have been on top of the couple minor repairs we found during the move in.

phuggit

Reaction score
Just make sure you stay on top of EVERYTHING. Currently we have to move the propane tank because of red tag from fire dept.. (6" to close to pool electrical panel). Had Brian put a little more thought into where all of the equipment was going to be installed this would not have happened . But sense he completely forgot about the heat pump until two hours into the pool equipment install and I had to bring it to his attention, I guess it could have been worse. He's just not a big fan of being on site, usually just long enough to smoke a cigarette, talk on the phone and then he's gone.
Thanks for the info. Hoping this build goes as planned.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Pool builders suck ! If they are not completely in house they are just a general contractor counting on subs to do the work right while they hustle the next job . Of course there are exceptions but i doubt it .

EarpRider

Reaction score
Very true,just expected subs would do their job with no supervision. Lame.

phuggit

Reaction score
Supposed to start digging in February. So long as it's done by May were good.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Just make sure they run a large gas line to your fire pit. At least 3/4”. Most people get screwed with very small flames. Love the design. Speakers by the spa and fire pit are also essential

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Just make sure they run a large gas line to your fire pit. At least 3/4”. Most people get screwed with very small flames. Love the design. Speakers by the spa and fire pit are also essential

I would also have the gas company go up in size on the regulator at the meter. I don’t think it cost us anything when we had them do this for us. The pool heater was struggling to stay on due to the regulator being to small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grumpy88

Reaction score
I would also have the gas company go up in size on the regulator at the meter. I don’t think it cost us anything when we had them do this for us. The pool heater was struggling to stay on due to the regulator being to small.

That was part of the permit process for me . Down side was the gas co would not change the meter till the inspector signed off . That lead to a 3 week wait on the gas company to change the meter after the inspection . That was about 6 weeks ago and the gas guy said i was lucky that they were down to there last 6 meters of that size . That was in nevada by the way

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
That was part of the permit process for me . Down side was the gas co would not change the meter till the inspector signed off . That lead to a 3 week wait on the gas company to change the meter after the inspection . That was about 6 weeks ago and the gas guy said i was lucky that they were down to there last 6 meters of that size . That was in nevada by the way

So cal here. And didn’t even know about getting a larger one until my heater was shutting off intermittently. A little research and called so cal gas and they changed it. Not sure if that’s standard policy or not but they gave us zero grief and just did it. 20 years ago though. And damn. Saying that. Time flies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkj

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yep, my wife called about a possible gas smell in our garage and the guy who came out looked around and said no leak but you really need to upsize your meter. I had just put in a bbq, 4’ fire pit and fire bowls by the pool. 2 days later they install a huge meter. Really nice and pleasantly surprised

grumpy88

Reaction score
What was you permit cost for pool?
It all depends on what your building and the city . My friend is out thousands of dollars right now and still no permit . He is in simi valley .

wet hull

Reaction score
It all depends on what your building and the city . My friend is out thousands of dollars right now and still no permit . He is in simi valley .
Forgot to put Havasu. Doing owner builder and bringing the crew out when I pull the trigger. Self performing alot of it personally.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Forgot to put Havasu. Doing owner builder and bringing the crew out when I pull the trigger. Self performing alot of it personally.
Samething my buddy is doing and he is 4 months into the permit process . I think who you use for engineering matters along with not trying to go crazy . He is going over 6 feet deep and has a slide and bathroom . He is over 5k in engineering and permit process so far . Good luck .

wet hull

Reaction score
Samething my buddy is doing and he is 4 months into the permit process . I think who you use for engineering matters along with not trying to go crazy . He is going over 6 feet deep and has a slide and bathroom . He is over 5k in engineering and permit process so far . Good luck .
Basic kidney shape with no more then 5' deep. Spa and baja shelf. Thanks. At least me building saves towards engineer

Brobee

Reaction score
Looking good. Going to be a great summer!!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Still plugging away, can’t get spa heaters, can’t get the lighted sheer decents, delays on the glow in the dark tile, covid this covid that. We have a plaster date of 5/10, should be doable. Stacked stone and equipment going in this week, walls under way, travertine decking done.
963C33CC-0577-4E4A-8436-E8A9326F23E5.jpeg
14D5C625-D561-4001-82A4-F0C80A2DCF16.jpeg
6AFE91A6-7DE9-4668-8015-F906EF1975A1.jpeg
3BA30EA1-D6EE-45EB-B9E6-6900CDED676D.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What do they call the channel Treatment around the spa and sidewalk?
Knife edge, the spa spills over into those cracks and goes back into the pool, like and infinity edge around the spa, we were going to to the entire pool that way but it was $20,000 more so we did the spa only

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Knife edge, the spa spills over into those cracks and goes back into the pool, like and infinity edge around the spa, we were going to to the entire pool that way but it was $20,000 more so we did the spa only

Thank you