WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New ramp at Windsor is open.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I believe the contractor had til Sept 1st to open it and complete the other improvements like the beach in the channal.
I'd bet the Rangers will be around to collect fees there soon too.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Has anyone used the new ramp? I heard it was designed for bigger boats but pictures showed it looked more like a site 6 ramp that drops off. Curious to hear what the true store is.

TLAW719

Reaction score
Has anyone used the new ramp? I heard it was designed for bigger boats but pictures showed it looked more like a site 6 ramp that drops off. Curious to hear what the true store is.

I'm not launching my boat in the zoo this weekend but I plan on going by later today to check it out. I'll take some pics. Hopefully one of the inmates will use it this weekend.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I'm not launching my boat in the zoo this weekend but I plan on going by later today to heckle rookies retrieving their boats. I'll take some pics. Hopefully one of the inmates will use it this weekend.

Fixed it for you

MooreMoney

Reaction score

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Where is this ramp in relation to the two existing boat launch ramps. Last time there I was looking for this and all I can guess is it's closer to the jet ski ramps?

DMF

Reaction score
Where is this ramp in relation to the two existing boat launch ramps. Last time there I was looking for this and all I can guess is it's closer to the jet ski ramps?

It is south of the existing ramps. It is closer to the entrance of the channel.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Ahh ok. So different entrance than the one just south of Inudstrial I would assume. That's actaully cool. All the channel only boats can launch there and stay out of the way of the actual lake users:D

TLAW719

Reaction score
Ahh ok. So different entrance than the one just south of Inudstrial I would assume. That's actaully cool. All the channel only boats can launch there and stay out of the way of the actual lake users:D

I just went through there. There are gates near the ramp but today you could still only get in and out the the entrance and exit on industrial and LBR. It's nice. There are 5 prep lanes and 5 cleaning lanes. 7 lanes to launch. Some could be difficult on busy days.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Lots of room. But steep as fuck.

Groper

Reaction score
There were only a few truck and trailers parked a few hours ago when I cruised by.
As far as Fees on the "new" beach, I have not seen any signs posted stating "Fee Area" yet or maybe never, and I you have a annual pass your probably good to go anyway.

TLAW719

Reaction score
There were only a few truck and trailers parked a few hours ago when I cruised by.
As far as Fees on the "new" beach, I have not seen any signs posted stating "Fee Area" yet or maybe never, and I you have a annual pass your probably good to go anyway.

I didn't see anything about fees for the beach but they raised the fees to get in $5. It's now $20 for fri-say-sun and holidays and $15 for the week. The ramp is rounded nicely but silly steep.

TLAW719

Reaction score
Pictures are shitty taken from my truck but here are pics coming into the ramp area, the prep area, the ramp and ramp lanes, the cleaning area and the parking lots.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Launched today at the new ramp and didn't see any issues.

But it's closed for the next two days.

Get415

Reaction score
Sure does look steep. And maybe its just the angle from the pics but the dock doesn't seem easy to go in/out in relation to the ramp??

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad in the pics. At least it rolls in gradually instead of an sharp angle change like the north ramp.

sirbob

Reaction score
I guess I'll be floating on..

No drive on at that ramp [emoji12]

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I asked the ranger.... She said, once the"iron ranger" gets put on the beach they will be collecting fees at the new beach that is in the channel... Iron ranger being the pay tube thingy.... Annual pass is good there. She said contractor has until October 1.... This was as of about a month ago... and I just renewed my pass... Premium pass was still $200 a month ago.

TCHB

Reaction score
I worked the old south ramp today and many people complained about the steep angle.

One person said they tried to get it out but was afraid of the pull in strap breaking. They came over to the old ramp to take the boat out. Another guy said he was high siding his trailer where the ramp flattens out. Sounds like not many people will be using the new ramp.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Very nice ramp and it's fast even with lines but as others have said its steep. When I launched the bow of the boat dropped off the bow support. No damage but everyone should be careful.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Very nice ramp and it's fast even with lines but as others have said its steep. When I launched the bow of the boat dropped off the bow support. No damage but everyone should be careful.

Same thing happened to me. We backed in the the boat was floating away before I could start it.