WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NEW RIDE!

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
AFTER DEBATE AND MANY HOURS OF SEARCHING AND GOING THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE WAY I THOUGHT ID END UP, I WENT AND GOT A 21 CRUISER
524.jpg 508.jpg 560.jpg 577.jpg

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
welcome to the bahner club. looks great!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Clean..........:thumbsup Stats??? That nozzle looks like a tow hitch or something. LOL...:D

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Clean..........:thumbsup Stats??? That nozzle looks like a tow hitch or something. LOL...:D

Thanks lol its a bucket off the race boat its got no reverse in it now but going to be adding it here shortly just going to pop the pump out this winter and give it a freshen up, and a candy red powder coat job. And give the boat a stereo system granted i can hear my self think in this one lol?. for now?.. i have planes for power but keeping in mind its going to drive and drive and drive so, the boat has 30 gallon a side imco tanks so it has to be able to go the distance. I'm very intrigued with the LS motors so one might make its way in the boat here at some point. lol :p

ka0tyk

Reaction score
cool build i started with a pretty clean ride out the gate so im skipping alot of those steps, but all and all cool boat:thumbsup

you mean when you picked yours up you didnt have to clean the floor out of it with a shovel? that mustve been nice. haha. post up more pix of yours. any plans for what you wanna do with it?

jesco

Reaction score
I'm very intrigued with the LS motors so one might make its way in the boat here at some point. lol :p[/QUOTE]

Im hearing a lot of good things about the LSA, a few builders are using them in their new jets and getting really good results. Everybody keeps saying theres no replacement for cubic inch.... but the LSA looks pretty damn good on paper.

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
537.jpg 516.jpg 025.jpg 009.jpg hahaha no shoveling needed. But i plan just doing little things as i go but, this winter its getting an all aluminum LS3 with a cam swap and a little pump freshin up and powder coat, and being an LS is about 5" shorter than a standard BBC that will give me more room to move the back seat back and shorten up the hatch a bit. Im doing this all on a budget not really trying to spend alot of money :grumble: but im just enjoying whats left of summer for now and not tearing into it till i have everything to do my little swap! :thumbup:

ka0tyk

Reaction score
a blown fuel injected ls motor with a bird catcher? dang. i wish i had your "small budget." hopefully you can move that back seat towards the rear some, it looks like its about 3" away from those front seats. i guess a jet sits quite a bit further forward than an i/o... i have quite a bit of room between my front seats and my rear seat. hrmm.

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Thats a buddy's motor just some look into what people are actually doing with these things, and yes about 4" inch's now I'm going to be able to have at least a full foot or so once i get it all done, have a lot of little things I'm going do but I'll post as I go
a blown fuel injected ls motor with a bird catcher? dang. i wish i had your "small budget." hopefully you can move that back seat towards the rear some, it looks like its about 3" away from those front seats. i guess a jet sits quite a bit further forward than an i/o... i have quite a bit of room between my front seats and my rear seat. hrmm.

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Got the new motor together with a new cam, valve springs, valves, lifters, and timing chain. Also did a new oil pump with the VVT delete, and picked up a new set of coils and brackets, so got those all mounted up and what not. Still waiting on my manifold from my buddy at Edelbrock and some other little odds and ends. But my dad and I will be getting it ready here shortly for the dyno 20140914_155637.jpg

jesco

Reaction score
What kind of HP you thinking you will get out of that LS3? Bob at Shockwave took me and a buddy for a test drive in a new 21ft skier with an LSA (560HP). I have the same exact boat with a 454 mag (380HP), that LSA was VERY impressive. We went out in Elsinore at 9 AM, water was skiers dream glassy (not good for that boat), (3) guys totaling in over 800LBS together, and about 30 gallons of gas in the boat. Boat topped out at 5200ish RPM at 63/64 MPH, my boat in the same conditions would have hit 55/56 MAYBE!! Me and my buddy were really impressed how quick that boat got out of the water and on plain, way faster then ours (he has same exact boat as mine). Bob did have to change the impeller from a AA to an A, AA would only get up to 4800 RPM at 60/61 MPH. Power to weight with these LS packages are pretty damn impressive. Good luck with the build, should be a fun project.

FYI, CMI is making headers for the LS motors, suppose to work really good.

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
This one with the cam set up and tune up I'm going to try and run it should make around 600 give or take 20 horse. And yea this motor being all aluminum it is 350lbs lighter than a dressed big block. And I was already thinking that ill have to cut down my AA to probably an A. should be a fun runner I hope :D

What kind of HP you thinking you will get out of that LS3? Bob at Shockwave took me and a buddy for a test drive in a new 21ft skier with an LSA (560HP). I have the same exact boat with a 454 mag (380HP), that LSA was VERY impressive. We went out in Elsinore at 9 AM, water was skiers dream glassy (not good for that boat), (3) guys totaling in over 800LBS together, and about 30 gallons of gas in the boat. Boat topped out at 5200ish RPM at 63/64 MPH, my boat in the same conditions would have hit 55/56 MAYBE!! Me and my buddy were really impressed how quick that boat got out of the water and on plain, way faster then ours (he has same exact boat as mine). Bob did have to change the impeller from a AA to an A, AA would only get up to 4800 RPM at 60/61 MPH. Power to weight with these LS packages are pretty damn impressive. Good luck with the build, should be a fun project.

FYI, CMI is making headers for the LS motors, suppose to work really good.

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Got my 6ls box kinda figured out and zip tied the harness up and made it look a little cleaner, also got a steam vent kit from trick flow. My manifold should be here Friday then all i have to do is get an alternator bracket, and the carb on and it'll be ready to go. View attachment 366893 118.jpg 116.jpg

Attachments

• 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 200

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Got a little more work done on plumbing the steam vent kit so its not completely terrible looking, my advice if you do this don't buy the trick flow kit just buy the an mounts for the heads and buy your own assortment of fittings because the fittings they give you in the kit are useless. Ended up buying all my own fittings and y's to make it work and look a little cleaner 016.jpg 008.jpg 015.jpg

steves86ta

Reaction score
Got a little more work done on plumbing the steam vent kit so its not completely terrible looking, my advice if you do this don't buy the trick flow kit just buy the an mounts for the heads and buy your own assortment of fittings because the fittings they give you in the kit are useless. Ended up buying all my own fittings and y's to make it work and look a little cleaner View attachment 368245 View attachment 368246 View attachment 368247

very nice, i am considering going LS with my Rogers. Welcome to the Bahner club!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks lol its a bucket off the race boat its got no reverse in it now but going to be adding it here shortly just going to pop the pump out this winter and give it a freshen up, and a candy red powder coat job. And give the boat a stereo system granted i can hear my self think in this one lol?. for now?.. i have planes for power but keeping in mind its going to drive and drive and drive so, the boat has 30 gallon a side imco tanks so it has to be able to go the distance. I'm very intrigued with the LS motors so one might make its way in the boat here at some point. lol :p

You aren't the only one intriqued with the LS motors.. I think they are the future for performance boating, especially in twin applications!! I'm trying to put together a deal for an LS3 for my Schiada.

RD

edog

Reaction score
Love these build threads. Man i need to find some motivation.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
You aren't the only one intriqued with the LS motors.. I think they are the future for performance boating, especially in twin applications!! I'm trying to put together a deal for an LS3 for my Schiada.

RD

This has become a significant market for us and the development of our LS rail kits and related parts , we saw this coming a few years back, Just airfreighted two "plug and play" LY6 engine packages to NZ for this boat (below) , Were working with Kiwi marine as they repower the boat with our LS's from the prior Volvo turbo diesels

images

LS Engine packages from JBP here http://www.jetboatperformance.biz/pages/kodiak.html

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Yea it's crazy how much power they make with only minor work but on a another note, got a super victor just waiting on the carb and did some paint work to the valve covers and valley cover! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Pulled the old motor and pump to make room for the new motor and the rebuilt pump, also scrubbed the floor and cleaned the whole bildge and transom up getting ready for the side panels and new carpet around the tanks and to cover the tanks up make it look a little cleaner. Pump is going to get a full rebuild with a droop and some candy color :D image.jpg image.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
AJ I am watching this LS conversion like a hawk! I want to do the same thing to my Schiada..

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Got my alternator mount mocked up just need to make a couple spacers, but got the new pan on it as well. scored this Camaro pan for 100 bucks with the pick up. ill have my carb after new years so it should be on and crackin to fire it up after the holidays hear how snappy it is with the cam we slid in her :skull 618.jpg 621.jpg 630.jpg

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Dropped the pump off at b1 racing and found out it was completely blow out, .075 clearance on the wear ring to impeller and was just hammered inside, and only had a A minus impeller so the motor that was in it maybe made 235 horse according to Chris at b1's chart, Was just an old reliable bbc..... Going to change that now with the LS granted its ready image.jpg image.jpg

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Did a little Friday the 13th dyno day, Motor ripped made 608 horse and 529 foot pounds!

Also ripped the old nasty carpet out of the boat and got some new stuff laid in. And bent up some aluminum side panels to cover up the gas tanks and make the engine compartment a lot cleaner looking. :thumbup:

259.jpg 277.jpg 278.jpg 279.jpg 280.jpg 281.jpg 284.jpg

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Went ahead and got the motor in going to start making up a rear motor plate to get it where it needs to sit.

Also got the msd box mounted where it needs to be.

Got my aeromotive fuel pump in this weej so got that in and mounted where it needs to be and figure out kinda how i was going to run the fuel lines from the tanks. just have to mount the fuel pressure regulator somewhere, havent really found a good spot to do so yet but ill figure it out the more i look work on it. 024.jpg 025.jpg 026.jpg 027.jpg

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
Looks great! What are you gonna do for headers?

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
That is the question I am not sure..... still trying to figure it out....

Can't wait to see what you figure out. I love how compact those LS engines are and how much power they put out.

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what you figure out. I love how compact those LS engines are and how much power they put out.

Yea still up in the air what rout I have an idea just need to run with it and do it lol.. and yes really compact compared to what I had in there for sure.

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
me and my buddies got the boat pretty much wired up and plumbed up.. and got the headers on and starting to make the s pipes towards the transom. ill add more pictures tonight

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 176

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I see you moved the coils below the exhuast. The headers aren't watercooled? Will you be running an engine hatch on this AJ?

CP makes a set of headers for the LS motors by the way.

RD

Squirtsfar

Reaction score
Nice Build!

Man I wish I would have seen this thread "Before" I spend the $$$ on my old BBC..... :grumble::swear:cry::loser::smackhead

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Nice thread! I can't believe I didn't see this before. I'm also building an LS. How many quarts of oil does that Camero pan hold?

What headers are those? I'm going to have custom "race" headers built. Haven't decided on who to hire yet.

I like how you moved the coils. I plan to move mine to the rear on a plate and get some custom fabricated valve covers made like I on my BBC.