WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New RV - Exterior and Interior Protection

Patyacht

Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of this product EcoRVPro and is it worth the 2K they want for it. They say it will:
-Protection against fading and loss of gloss
-Protection against etching due to insects tree sap, road salt etc.
-No Need to Wax for 5 yrs!
-Interior Mold and Mildew protection as well as germs and microbes
-Stain and odor protection
-5 yr coverage on both interior and exterior is $1954.00
http://www.ecoproproducts.com/ecorvpro_video.php
Product Web Site: http://www.ecoproproducts.com/ecorvpro.php

sfury

Reaction score
Snake oil! Your just buying a warranty that will never pay out or would be a fight. Most fabrics already have stain guard in them or you can apply yourself. Having coach covered or yearly wax would be better.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I used to buy into all those protection gimmicks.

I would pass on it and use 303 Aerospace protectant on everything.

oldschool

Reaction score
Put the 2K toward some kind of shade structure and just keep it waxed.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
They use the terms "germs" and "microbes" ..... full of shit. Those are both generic terms used in advertising cause that leaves it open to interpretation.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Snake oil! Your just buying a warranty that will never pay out or would be a fight. Most fabrics already have stain guard in them or you can apply yourself. Having coach covered or yearly wax would be better.

X2

TCHB

Reaction score
If you look at all the tests Consumer Reports does, they say all waxes go away pretty quick. Not one type of wax lasted more than 4 months out in the weather.

Snake Oil!

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of this product EcoRVPro and is it worth the 2K they want for it. They say it will:

Pat Hope All is Well...My first Coach I bought I had it Applied. Total Bull Shit One year goes buy I had my Ground Guy Eddie do the Entire Coach with Boat Bling
Left the following week to Yellowstone pulled into a RV park (high End) pulled in my space opened up. Later that day a Prevost pull next to us, The guy said who did you get to detail your Coach...I said No one...Did it last week in Phx and ran thru Rain and Wind..Looked like New...Long story Short I had a 5 Gallon Pail of BB and gave him two spray bottles worth...If Im not mistaken that man ordered more when he got back to Seattle

TCHB

Reaction score
Consumer Reports

Before buying a car wax, be aware that premium car wax brands don't necessarily hold up any better than lower-priced alternatives, based on our latest tests. In fact, some moderately priced liquids scored near the top of our Ratings?better than some products costing twice as much.

Still, none of the 19 products tested were good enough to be Rated excellent, with most showing signs of deterioration within a few weeks.

We also found that pastes performed no better than liquids overall, though the two top-scoring pastes were the only waxes to rated excellent for durability. Both wax types had similar scores for ease of use.

We did not evaluate spray-on/wipe-off products this time, because earlier tests have shown them to be less effective for cleaning, to be ineffective against weather, and to rate the worst for durability. They're best only for newer finishes and if you wash and wax frequently.

Thanks to today's clear-coat finishes, our testing shows that even the best wax will probably not improve the shine on a new car. Regular washing is still the most important step to protecting your car's finish. But a coat of wax can add a layer of protection against tree sap, bird droppings, and other contaminants?at least for a while. Most products we tested showed a significant loss of protection within about five weeks. For this reason, we recommend waxing even new cars every two or three months. And if your car is older or the finish has begun to dull, the effects can be even more dramatic. Waxing can fill minute finish imperfections, and waxes that scored highly for gloss improvement removed oxidation and made paint appear darker and more vibrant.

But be aware that the paint finishes on some darker-colored cars can actually be damaged by some of the more abrasive waxes, which can leave swirl marks. Check our Ratings for products that scored lower in this area.

Patyacht

Reaction score
Calling 2FF. Thanks for the input. Sounds like and probably smells like Snake Oil. Tony, I think it is not a wax so not sure the wax stuff applies. In any case I'll pass. I'm sure 2FF has the secret sauce. lol

TCHB

Reaction score
Calling 2FF. Thanks for the input. Sounds like and probably smells like Snake Oil. Tony, I think it is not a wax so not sure the wax stuff applies. In any case I'll pass. I'm sure 2FF has the secret sauce. lol

Last year talked to one of the guys at 3M and he said the same thing about all applied protection. No more than 4 months protection.

Nothing better than keeping it in a garage and wax it every so often. I worry more about the rubber roofs than anything.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

It's crap. My rv dealer had it installed on my rv when I bought it. I paid like $499 for it. My rv started fading bad but only in the areas that the product was apllied to (I removed the factory graphics). Trying get it warrantied has been next to impossible.

My rv is 4 years old and it was waxed at least twice a year. [emoji107][emoji107]

Here's the front cap. The area that the "special sealant" was apllied to is faded the area that was unprotected where the graphics were is fine.(I removed the graphics the first weekend we had the trailer, and the trailer was only 3 months from mfr date when we bought it).

View attachment 509008