WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New RZR4 four-seater

RiverRacerX

RRX Dude
Reaction score
Polaris ups the bar this year with an all new 4 seater.

Comes with the RZRS motor: 760cc and options for long travel.

rzr4.gif

rzr41.gif

rzr42.gif

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We were just talking about this the other day. I saw one in parker over new years. :) Those photo's are much appreciated!!

RD

RiverRacerX

RRX Dude
Reaction score
Thanks RD, heres more
RZR4_Blu_10_3QRear.jpg

RZR4_Blu_10_3Q1.jpg

RZR4_Blu_10_side.jpg

Engine Type 4-Stroke Twin Cylinder
Displacement 760cc High Output (H.O.)
Top Speed 61 mph (98.2 kph)
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection
Transmission/Final Drive Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft
Drive System On-Demand True AWD/2WD
Suspension
Front Suspension
Dual A-Arm, Fox Podium X 2.0 (comp. adjust./res)
12 in (30.5 cm) Travel
Rear Suspension
Dual A-Arm, Rolled with Anti-Sway Bar
Fox Podium X 2.0 (comp. adjust./res) 12 in (30.5 cm) Travel
Brakes
Front Brakes Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front Calipers
Rear Brakes Hydraulic Disc
Tires and
Wheels
Front Tires 26 x 9-12; Maxxis®* Bighorn®*
Rear Tires 26 x 12-12; Maxxis Bighorn
Wheels Cast Aluminum Black Bruiser
Dimensions/Capacities
Wheelbase 103 in (261.6 cm)
Dry Weight 1,255 lbs (569.3 kg)
Length/Width/Height 130 in/60.5 in/75 in (330.2 cm/153.7 cm/190.5 cm)
Fuel Capacity 7.25 gal (27.4 ltr)
Bed Box Dimension/Capacity 42 in x 22 in/300 lbs (106.7 cm x 55.9 cm/136.1 kg)
Hitch Towing Rating 1,500 lbs (680.4 kg)
Cargo System Lock & Ride®
Ground Clearance 11.5 in (29.2 cm)
Hitch/Type Standard Receiver
FEATURES
Instrumentation
Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Tripmeter, Hour Meter,
Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, Hi-Temp/Low-Batt Lights, DC Outlets (2)
Colors
Colors Painted Boardwalk Blue/Pearl White w/ Robby Gordon Off-Road Graphics

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Fox Podium 2.0's and the 12" travel will serve this ride well.
It'll be a showroom hit.
A big seller.

rivergames

Reaction score
Wow, goes twice as fast as most jet boats :skull

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
First thing loose the safety nets and install 5 point Simpsons.

[video=youtube;LjMUTo4h_P0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjMUTo4h_P0[/video]

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Damn, I like it.:smackhead

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Damn, I like it.:smackhead

I think it would be cool once it was modified and that hideous stock cage was replaced....

Honestly I think it defeats the purpose of the rzr. I am sure your S is a blast. Throw another 200-600 lbs in the thing and you have the performance of a rhino again.

stretch a artic cat 1000:D:skull

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I think it would be cool once it was modified and that hideous stock cage was replaced....

Honestly I think it defeats the purpose of the rzr. I am sure your S is a blast. Throw another 200-600 lbs in the thing and you have the performance of a rhino again.

The beauty of the stock cage is it's component,
You can take sections off seperately to work on stuff.

Ya have to remove the rear bed to access the engine,, and it's pretty much a one man job if all ya have to do is remove the rear roll bar section first.
Seems most get the aftermarket cages and they usually look good.
We always buy tops with our rzrs so that kinds covers up the goofy lines of the stock cage.

They are good for one roll over , then ya have to go aftermarket with the replacement.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
What caused the roll over. Kinda hard to tell.

Too narrow a wheelbase.
I was trying to to straighten it out, it went into a drift and being tipsy I lost it.

That was the stock basic rzr.
Very tipsy machine.

The Rzr S would have reacted far better to my stearing, is far more stabil, & wouldn't have rolled.

Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

:thumbsup:D

MOV03372.flv video by johnangal - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid236.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid236.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/johnangal/MOV03372.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid236@@AMEPARAM@@236@@AMEPARAM@@ff279/johnangal/MOV03372

TOBTEK

Reaction score
THEY R gonna sell a ton of those.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
All that weight, it will be extreamly underpowered in the sand for sure.

Can you say Turbo Kit?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Too narrow a wheelbase.
I was trying to to straighten it out, it went into a drift and being tipsy I lost it.

That was the stock basic rzr.
Very tipsy machine.

The Rzr S would have reacted far better to my stearing, is far more stabil, & wouldn't have rolled.

I agree, the S is a completely different machine.

I think the 4 seat rzr would have a better center of gravity than a Rhino/Ranger/Teryx/Ranger etc with the back seat mounted above the bed. They were never designed for that, yet they seem to be able to function off road pretty well.

Extra wieght with the same motor is probably not going to be nearly as fun however. If it's the S motor it may still be faster than a Rhino or Teryx??? Does anyone know how the Ranger runs with the 800 motor in it?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

I think the 4 seat rzr would have a better center of gravity than a Rhino/Ranger/Teryx/Ranger etc with the back seat mounted above the bed. They were never designed for that, yet they seem to be able to function off road pretty well.

Extra wieght with the same motor is probably not going to be nearly as fun however. If it's the S motor it may still be faster than a Rhino or Teryx??? Does anyone know how the Ranger runs with the 800 motor in it?

Welcome back homie :thumbsup

The Ranger 800 isn't particularly fast because it's heavy. But they move pretty well for what they are.

I think the 4-seater RZR would be faster than a 4-seater Rhino...it couldn't weight as much, and even if it did i still has more stock HP.

4-seat RZR = Ghey x 4 :skull

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

The Ranger 800 isn't particularly fast because it's heavy. But they move pretty well for what they are.

I think the 4-seater RZR would be faster than a 4-seater Rhino...it couldn't weight as much, and even if it did i still has more stock HP.

Way better COG's vrs a 4 seat Rhino conversion.

riverratmike

Reaction score
nope not me no matter what Polaris makes. Stay tuned Yamaha is coming out with a new Rhino soon that will blow everything away.

Outdrive1

Reaction score

4 guys.................one RZR, lol.:D

nope not me no matter what Polaris makes. Stay tuned Yamaha is coming out with a new Rhino soon that will blow everything away.

I wish they would.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Extra weight with the same motor is probably not going to be nearly as fun however.

The four seater is top end rated about 7 mph slower than the S.
Approx 61 MPH vs 68 mph I believe.
I've got ours up to 67 MPH indicated.

Their is a spacer on the CVT shaft if removed boosts the top speed to a shade over 70 MPH on the S according to reports on you tube and the Rzr forums. (73 MPH most claim).
No one has called anyone out on those claims.
Re-flashed ignitions even faster.

[video=youtube;QfOJpcMw7RA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfOJpcMw7RA[/video]
The top clutch assy starts to move at about 55 MPH, and a spacer on the shaft restricts top speed by limiting clutch movement along the shaft.
No side effects from removing it.
It can easily be cut or ground off.

Amazing thing is it gets to top end really fast even at stock outta the box.

There is a market for the four seater IMHO.
Most folks don't haul ass over the sand dunes, they just putts around so it might fit most families just right.

I'd like to get the the Artic Kitty 1000, but it's quite a bit of expense and work after purchase to get it dialed in as a 4 seater for the dunes.
The Rzr, change the seatbelts, good to go.

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Reaction score
The four seater is top end rated about 7 mph slower than the S.
Approx 61 MPH vs 68 mph I believe.

Their is a spacer on the CVT shaft if removed boosts the tops speed to a shade over 70 MPH on the S according to reports on you tube.
Re-flashed ignitions even faster.

Amazing thing is it gets to top end really fast even at stock outta the box.

There is a market for the four seater IMHO.
Most folks don't haul ass over the sand dunes, they just putts around.

I've already had someone tell me they were really interested in it who I'd never thought would buy a RZR. It's gonna sell like crazy.

To be honest, they don't need to be any faster IMO. At least for the trail riding. In the dunes, you can't have enough power. On the dirt, it's easy to push them past your "talent" level, lol. Mine will get sideways with the accelerator pedal at almost any speed in the dirt. Taking whoops with the throttle burried has me wondering when something is going to break and how many times I'm going to roll over before the cage folds up. :skull

I'll probably go +10 next season. I would rather have more suspension than more motor at this point. +10 would make it incredible.

Now that I said that, where's the link for the CV deal??????? I may have to look into it.:party2: Never mind you added it while I was typing.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Their was an excellent You Tube of two guys clearly showing how to remove the spacer.
I haven't been able to re-find it.

Removing the belt/clutch assy cover is easy, and you can immediately spot it on the inside upper (clutch) shaft.

It's nothing really. 5/8" socket and wrench, 3/8" socket with long extension, torques style driver, cut the spacer,, and about 25 minutes and the job is done.

If you search the rzr forums, you can find all kinda info on it.
I pulled my cover off and didn't see the spacer.
I havent clocked the Rzr S on hard pack with the stock wheels, just in the dunes with paddles and buffs.

60 MPH + is scary fast IMHO.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If anyone buys a Rzr S and wants to be a proficient performance duner come out and follow Big Guns in the rzr S on a run around Dumont.

You'll gain valuable confidence, skill, a head for safety, and knowledge of how to dune run by simply following in his tracks.

The kids all agree Big Guns is really really good at SxS dune running, and the hands down favorite for the most fun to ride with.

The Artic Cats side by Side:
69.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Spy shot of the Yamaha 6 seater Rhino:
rhino_car_0.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;BWz05i-EBR8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWz05i-EBR8[/video]

riverratmike

Reaction score
Spy shot of the Yamaha 6 seater Rhino:
rhino_car_0.jpg

The quality of a Yamaha Rhino outlive any Polaris RZR out there. Ok now you started a war.

Attachments

• brokeback-poster.jpg
    brokeback-poster.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 412

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Ross you sure that was Thanksgiving in Dumont? Where is all the people? How come dunes are smooth? :party:

Less than half the normal amount of Duners showed up T day and New Years, maybe even less.
On New Years Eve everyone showed up to Comp hill at 11:45 PM then 16 minutes later at 12:01 AM everyone vanished.
Just our kids and a campfire was left.

Starting to roll back to be like Dumont in the old days.

Next Trip is Pres Day, we'll be spending a week there.
Then Glamis for a week at Spring break.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6750.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

[video=youtube;07PjfaoG4QQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07PjfaoG4QQ[/video]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Glamis_Turkey_Week_2009_034.jpg

17633polaris-rzr-os-handle-1_07-med.jpg

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
The quality of a Yamaha Rhino outlive any Polaris RZR out there. Ok now you started a war.

They all have issues but after owning both it's just mind boggling to me how some of the designs made it into the RZR-S production let alone past a real engineering committee. It kind of pissed me off because the RZR-S concept is spot on, then you start to uncover the Montgomery Wards chit. :D

2Driver

Reaction score
My buddy lost his top end due to dust getting past the filter - a known recall issue. It was only 2 days out of warranty and Polaris said sorry your problem. Polaris finally caved after the Dealer and owner screamed enough.

The dealer actually said it's not really a big problem we've only had to rebuild about 10% of the RZR we've sold. :D

The air boxes are a joke. You spend $14K for an S and have to buy a $500 UMP so it won't suck dirt?

Side nets use plastic clips and are secured to the plastic fender apron with a small bolt. - nice.

The suspended plastic battery box -it's only a matter of time. You know when it drops out as the battery cross bar is metal and 1/2" from being in contact both poles on the battery -smart.

Rear axles on the S are known to pull out of the gear box on full droop. Funny the dealer and factory hadn't ever heard about it. I guess they didn't read the 5+ pages of owners it happened to on the RZR forum. :D Not to mention me.

Stuff happens, but the bottom line is some of the stuff is so blatant and stupid. Add that to the fact you really don’t see Polaris stepping up to help owners unless they are cornered. A subject heard 1,000 times over.

If you have the time to make them your main past time and hobby great, but as a buy and use an intended I don’t think it's there yet.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Me no fan...But the masses LOVE the Razors ! The S at the auction went for CRAZY money! When, OR "IF" My teryx sells...I'm buying a stock CHEAP rhino, finding used cheap goodies for...full budget build! There is a dude over on GD selling a new So-Cal LT Rhino kit for 3k obo. its never been used. Id like to have a killer car for CHEAP. One color paint....boom Done! Drive it like you stole it !

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
why u selling the Teryx? I thought you had big plans?

Me no fan...But the masses LOVE the Razors ! The S at the auction went for CRAZY money! When, OR "IF" My teryx sells...I'm buying a stock CHEAP rhino, finding used cheap goodies for...full budget build! There is a dude over on GD selling a new So-Cal LT Rhino kit for 3k obo. its never been used. Id like to have a killer car for CHEAP. One color paint....boom Done! Drive it like you stole it !