WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New shocks already!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Ive only had this rzr for just under 2 months and the ride on this thing has gone to shit! I know most guys swap out the springs right? I figured i would eventually need to have the shocks worked...but, not this soon! They were pretty decent first few rides..but the last 2-3 have gotten worse and worse. Getting beat to hell in this thing now:eek::mad:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Ive only had this rzr for just under 2 months and the ride on this thing has gone to shit! I know most guys swap out the springs right? I figured i would eventually need to have the shocks worked...but, not this soon! They were pretty decent first few rides..but the last 2-3 have gotten worse and worse. Getting beat to hell in this thing now:eek::mad:

They are cheap chinese springs on the OE shocks. If you get a set of sprigs from Eibach, PAC, Shock Therapy, etc. the ride will be much improved.

Expect between $750 and $850. This will be for 8 springs and all the hardware needed to make it a true dual rate setup. You’ll notice the small stock springs on top of the larger springs on your RZR are all totally collapsed. You are only using the larger spring.

You may be able to save a bit byuing the the springs separately yourself and/or doing it in stages.

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
They are cheap chinese springs on the OE shocks. If you get a set of sprigs from Eibach, PAC, Shock Therapy, etc. the ride will be much improved.

Expect between $750 and $850. This will be for 8 springs and all the hardware needed to make it a true dual rate setup. You’ll notice the small stock springs on top of the larger springs on your RZR are all totally collapsed. You are only using the larger spring.

You may be able to save a bit pieceing the components out yourself and/or doing it in stages.
What he said

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Just did mine (Eibach stage 3). Need a few more rides to see if I want to send them out to have them re-valved, but just the springs alone changed the car 1000% for the better.

redone76

Reaction score

If it wasn’t for bad luck you’d have no luck at all man!!! Gonna follow this one closely as my brother needs to do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Have you checked your ride height recently?
The rear springs sag pretty quick.
Guys have had good results with RZR AID. About $240.
https://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/534652-day-night-diff-120-a.html
https://allthingzutv.com/rzr-1000-xp-4-seater-tender-springs/

That is just a tender spring upgrade. It will give some ride height back, give you a useable first softer spring stage, and help the ride a bit.

Keep in mind that kit does not have crossover nuts, so you hit the 2nd spring stage when the first spring is fully compressed. There is no adjustment in that at all unless you add crossover nuts.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I don't have a SxS...and probably never will, but it seems that for the prices these are going for, they're pretty shitty little cars. I couldn't imagine breaking tie rod ends, control arm bolts, and having springs go shitty in a short period of time on something designed as an off road car.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Just did mine (Eibach stage 3). Need a few more rides to see if I want to send them out to have them re-valved, but just the springs alone changed the car 1000% for the better.
Right on.. Thanks. Did you order them online?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
No shit right! Lol .. buy a 24k toy and have to change out everything but the engine. Nuts!!

Damn.

I paid $24K for this.

0C83FEF0-9761-4039-ABFA-110EC5715E91.jpeg
9BC10CD1-DB88-4AAA-8A8C-39B63EC1B193.jpeg
28E0ACCF-833C-42BE-9B74-8604DC50347B.jpeg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
No shit right! Lol .. buy a 24k toy and have to change out everything but the engine. Nuts!!
But all the cool kids these days are rocking them.. so stop complaining and join the party. lol

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
X 2 for Ed. Talk to him about a re spring and re valve. You wont believe you're in the same vehicle.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I just did mine my self and I fucked up and went up to heavy a spring rate . Now I need to buy new springs again . Smh I should of just dropped them off somewhere .

milkmoney

Reaction score
Can they just borrow yours since you don't have a wife spending it for you:cool:
Ummm. I have no money. Your two homies broke me the other day on tequila drinks [emoji39][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
If you have access to nitrogen check that. I’m still blown away by hat lack of proper charge from the factory. Worse yet that can cause the shocks to blow out prematurely as well.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Ummm. I have no money. Your two homies broke me the other day on tequila drinks [emoji39][emoji202]

Hopefully you do good in vegas so you can loan a homie a grand fo some sum new springs!!:D:p:D:p

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Holy cow! They got you using that Inland Empire speak:p:D
So you're saying that they're as expensive as wives? :p That's sweet :):D

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Give my buddy Ed a call night and day difference.
View attachment 734468

Ed is great to work with. It will turn into a ~$3k endeavor though as he does not like the OE front shocks, and will urge you to buy the Walker 2.5 front shocks, revalve the new fronts and current rears, and buy all new springs.

Mine has his setup on it.. it’s awesome, however the springs are probably the biggest gain. The shock revalve compliments the springs, and the 2.5 front shocks are a performance gain if you drive hard for extended periods and on really large bumps.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I just did mine my self and I fucked up and went up to heavy a spring rate . Now I need to buy new springs again . Smh I should of just dropped them off somewhere .

What are your spring rates? What are the SXS details?

grumpy88

Reaction score
What are your spring rates? What are the SXS details?
A 2012 arctic cat wild cat . Stock rear lower springs were 400lb rate . I added spare tire carrier and tire and 5 gallons of fuel . a ton of tools . Ice , beer ,food ,clothes . I bought 500lb rate Eibach springs because when loaded up I would dam near bottom out at times . Unfortunately it raised the rear ride height 4" . That's just way to much .

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A 2012 arctic cat wild cat . Stock rear lower springs were 400lb rate . I added spare tire carrier and tire and 5 gallons of fuel . a ton of tools . Ice , beer ,food ,clothes . I bought 500lb rate Eibach springs because when loaded up I would dam near bottom out at times . Unfortunately it raised the rear ride height 4" . That's just way to much .

Yea that is a big jump in spring rate. It sounds like you ordered the same length spring? Longer spring? Does the machine have adjustable spring preload? Were you able to get it back down a reasonable ride height?

You might try a 2 inch shorter 450 lb spring if the 500s feel too stiff, assuming there is some way to adjust the preload.

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score

The nitrogen has leaked out of the shocks and they need to be recharged. If you keep having to add nitrogen, your seals are shot.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
The nitrogen has leaked out of the shocks and they need to be recharged. If you keep having to add nitrogen, your seals are shot.
In less than 2 months? 3 weekends of riding. Man if so... Shouldn't that fall under the factory warranty?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
In less than 2 months? 3 weekends of riding. Man if so... Shouldn't that fall under the factory warranty?

Yes, if the car rode well when you bought it and the ride keeps getting worse, then it needs a nitrogen recharge. I'm not sure what your warranty covers, but shock charge pressure is easy to check.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yes. You could bring them in and have them looked at, probably a good first step. They will most likely say “Everything looks fine”.

Has the ride height dropped since you got it?

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Yes. You could bring them in and have them looked at, probably a good first step. They will most likely say “Everything looks fine”.

Has the ride height dropped since you got it?
Havent measured it exactly. But it does appear to be sagging a bit lower than new. Most noticeable in the rear.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Yes, if the car rode well when you bought it and the ride keeps getting worse, then it needs a nitrogen recharge. I'm not sure what your warranty covers, but shock charge pressure is easy to check.
Yeah definitely getting worse each trip out. How do you check on the pressure?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Havent measured it exactly. But it does appear to be sagging a bit lower than new. Most noticeable in the rear.

Again that is likely the culprit. Springs sag, and put you in a “stiffer” part of the shock’s travel, killing the ride. Plus it bottoms out and drags more, making the ride worse still.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Yeah definitely getting worse each trip out. How do you check on the pressure?

You can check with a tire pressure gauge, but you will loose pressure every time you check. A shock fill valve doesn't let any nitrogen out when you check pressure. The pressure should be 125 PSI and a lot of people run 150 PSI.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

That's why I'm very seriously looking at the Textron XX when it comes time for me to take the plunge into the SxS world. Heimed pivot points, factory cage with good intrusion bars, true trailing arm rear suspension so no worrying about radius arms etc. They seem to be built like a brick shit house, they are about 500lbs heavier than the RZR's.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That's why I'm very seriously looking at the Textron XX when it comes time for me to take the plunge into the SxS world. Heimed pivot points, factory cage with good intrusion bars, true trailing arm rear suspension so no worrying about radius arms etc. They seem to be built like a brick shit house, they are about 500lbs heavier than the RZR's.

I would buy that post haste for a 2 seat SxS. Tons of room inside for us taller guys. My friend worked at Textron and was on the design team, it is a nice piece.

Buy the base one, put in a GPS and intercom and go have fun. Maybe harnesses if you desire them. You don't really need to do anything to it. And yes the XX is heavier than my 4 seat RZR lol.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I would buy that post haste for a 2 seat SxS. Tons of room inside for us taller guys. My friend worked at Textron and was on the design team, it is a nice piece.

Buy the base one, put in a GPS and intercom and go have fun. Maybe harnesses if you desire them. You don't really need to do anything to it. And yes the XX is heavier than my 4 seat RZR lol.

I still don't think I'm ready to go into a cage just yet, I'm young enough I want to ride out my 2 wheeled life as long as I can. I sat in the XX at the offroad expo the other weekend and was shocked how roomy it felt.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I still don't think I'm ready to go into a cage just yet, I'm young enough I want to ride out my 2 wheeled life as long as I can. I sat in the XX at the offroad expo the other weekend and was shocked how roomy it felt.

18 months :)

HavaToon

Reaction score

Sorry bud, they are all capable of failures. Just pick the one you like the most, drive it within you skill and fix what needs fixed when it comes up.
IMG_1455.jpg

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Sorry bud, they are all capable of failures. Just pick the one you like the most, drive it within you skill and fix what needs fixed when it comes up. View attachment 734669

Oh for sure I'm not saying it's indestructible. Just seems like the one that is the most "ready" and needs the least aftermarket right out of the box. Between the XX and the X3 for sure in my head.