WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New software Bugs / Fixes / Preferences

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We are still tweaking the new software and getting it dialed in. Please comment with any bugs / fixes / or preferences that might have changed with the upgrade that you miss from the old software etc. Navigational questions you name it.

You guys got your emojis finally.. lol So that’s good!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The Only think I don't like...

And it's Very minor...

Before, when I had an alert, I would float my mouse over it, and the menu would automatically fly out. Now I have to click on it to see the alerts.

No big deal. But you asked.

All the other changes are pretty cool! Nice upgrade.

👍

Singleton

Reaction score
Having the ‘new’ posts in a thread in grey is hard to see. Using black background
liked them in red.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I miss the TOP botton at the bottom of each page that scrolled to the very top.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Having the ‘new’ posts in a thread in grey is hard to see. Using black background
liked them in red.
This the gray contrast is not real good on the dark background.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I miss the TOP botton at the bottom of each page that scrolled to the very top.
I haven't checked this out on a fone but in windows if you look to the lower right at the scroll bar and start to actuate it the arrow pops up. Should be permanent but as in life nothing is perfect.
If you're running apple.. On your own. :p

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I haven't checked this out on a fone but in windows if you look to the lower right at the scroll bar and start to actuate it the arrow pops up. Should be permanent but as in life nothing is perfect.
Same on my Mac.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The mouse over the "New Alerts" thing, like @rivermobster said. Other than that, even my technologically handicapped ass is figuring it out.

Good work. I don't have a clue how this stuff works...I'm just happy it came back on.

What the hell are we supposed to do on the john with no RDP?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

That arrow pops up in my I phone 11.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Fockers..
Ruined my punchline about buying the wife a new mac. :mad:
Now all I have is to stand around, shrug and agree.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
New post should be in red, page # jumps would be nice.

we’re new posts in red for you guys before?? Because I have never seen them in a different color then any otherpost. I know the forum software will jump you to the latest post in a thread.. but red?

MikeSW

Reaction score
Wouldn't let me load up a new Avatar

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RichL

Reaction score
we’re new posts in red for you guys before?? Because I have never seen them in a different color then any otherpost. I know the forum software will jump you to the latest post in a thread.. but red?
Android phone here. Old version indicated "new" posts in red but now in grey/gray. Hard to see on the phone. FWIW the forum doesn't always go straight to the newest post. Don't know if that's the phone or the software.

HCP3

Reaction score
I am finally starting to get used to it, but like others said, the gray contrast on dark theme was a little hard to differentiate between new and old threads in a forum.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
On pics in threads.......used to be able to hold your finger on it, window would pop up and you could do a Google search on the pic and find it or more pics online....no worky like that now. Are the pics posted hosted differently now?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Dave see screen shot. These used to be red
0E0F5CA5-5C5B-47F8-97AC-5C74E1C18D9C.jpeg

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I had a hard time posting pics in my 1963 thread. First it would only let me upload one pic that would show up in the preview check but showed on the submit screen. In order to get them in the right order, I had to post the last one first. They flipped when submitted. When I did the thread on the 4 inch trailer ball the pic showed on the preview but didn't post to the thread. Had to go back in to edit and add the picture. For me, I can work around it. If it happens to the Good Morning thread, shits going to get real around here in a hurry.😁

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Before if you’d prior taken part in a thread, posted, your avatar was also in the thread line on main page/new posts section. That was a nice quick visual to see if it’s well a thread you’d taken part in already.

HCP3

Reaction score
Before if you’d prior taken part in a thread, posted, your avatar was also in the thread line on main page/new posts section. That was a nice quick visual to see if it’s well a thread you’d taken part in already.

I am still getting that little avatar if I participated.

Screenshot_20200212-073139.png

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I’m surprised no one else has mentioned this but you can no longer see the pages in a thread and select one. I’ve noticed when you click on a thread it does take you to last page but you cant pick a page to go to. Say there are 10 pages and I want to go to page 5, I can’t just select “5” anymore. I have to scroll through to get to page 5. I liked being able to select pages. Otherwise looks great.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I’m surprised no one else has mentioned this but you can no longer see the pages in a thread and select one. I’ve noticed when you click on a thread it does take you to last page but you cant pick a page to go to. Say there are 10 pages and I want to go to page 5, I can’t just select “5” anymore. I have to scroll through to get to page 5. I liked being able to select pages. Otherwise looks great.

On my phone, I can do a long press, and then the page numbers show up.

I think there are other long press new deals too...

🤔

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On my phone, I can do a long press, and then the page numbers show up.

I think there are other long press new deals too...

🤔

Some of this is learning the new software.. I was just messing around with the page numbers and found this out right now.
I clicked the page I was on and it brought up the option to type in a page number to go direct to.

30F4C66A-8584-4418-AB40-EC507BBB981F.png
B2E08973-B339-41E6-9B41-E6C5457CDD96.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had a hard time posting pics in my 1963 thread. First it would only let me upload one pic that would show up in the preview check but showed on the submit screen. In order to get them in the right order, I had to post the last one first. They flipped when submitted. When I did the thread on the 4 inch trailer ball the pic showed on the preview but didn't post to the thread. Had to go back in to edit and add the picture. For me, I can work around it. If it happens to the Good Morning thread, shits going to get real around here in a hurry.😁

Pic uploader appears to be working normal and same as before..

RichL

Reaction score
Android phone here. Old version indicated "new" posts in red but now in grey/gray. Hard to see on the phone. FWIW the forum doesn't always go straight to the newest post. Don't know if that's the phone or the software.

Update...Just logged in on the desktop and clicked on a thread I had been on earlier. When I clicked on it I was not taken to the newest post, but to an earlier one.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Some of this is learning the new software.. I was just messing around with the page numbers and found this out right now.
I clicked the page I was on and it brought up the option to type in a page number to go direct to.

View attachment 844171 View attachment 844172

Ahhh I see. It’s an additional stepto do it this way but it’s cool. Did I mention I resist change?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
We are still tweaking the new software and getting it dialed in. Please comment with any bugs / fixes / or preferences that might have changed with the upgrade that you miss from the old software etc. Navigational questions you name it.

You guys got your emojis finally.. lol So that’s good!

FYI

I had access Monday, after the upgrade using a previous rdp bookmark

Tuesday I had no access. Couldn't get the RDP login page. Just got the "Upgrade system login" screen and denied access

I had to google RDP and hit on a random link which took me to a random rdp page where I was able to login....

Maybe the old bookmark was effected somehow.... I dunno.. like a 747.... goes right over my head

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Update...Just logged in on the desktop and clicked on a thread I had been on earlier. When I clicked on it I was not taken to the newest post, but to an earlier one.

I believe it would go to where the device last left off?

sirbob

Reaction score
Can you have the ads loaded faster at the bottom of the page ?

When I click reply, the box to type in comes up - I then touch the box to type in and about the same time the ad from the bottom of the page appears in the same spot - so I end up hitting an ad and being diverted to the ad web site.

I can say for certain your ad clicks will be going up and it will be a great selling tool for you to charge more for the advertising - the reality is for me, I have seen the mortgage web site and the bodyshop web site (etc) a number of times only to click out as fast as I can because it’s not what I was trying to do.

EDIT / ADD - now that I'm on my laptop - everytime I get to the bottom of a thread I scroll down to hit the "lounge" tab to return to the thread list and I keep hitting an ad because they don't load as fast as the other content and they pop up just as Im clicking "lounge"

Last edited:

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Below Reaction score, Show us how many members have that user on Ignore...…..🧐
But otherwise great work on the upgrade. Prost.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Dark theme. Make a post. Try to highlight your text... its difficult to see what youve highlighted the color should be something bright. Its black with like a bold font only.

Ditch the giant "STYLE CHOOSER" button at the footer. Could be for something more useful. If people want to change their style just go into prefs.

Center your bottom ad.

When editing a post get rid of the duplicate "preview" button.

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 11.14.53 AM.png

AEA

Reaction score
Would like to see the "go to last unread post" button in each thread.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can you have the ads loaded faster at the bottom of the page ?

When I click reply, the box to type in comes up - I then touch the box to type in and about the same time the ad from the bottom of the page appears in the same spot - so I end up hitting an ad and being diverted to the ad web site.

I can say for certain your ad clicks will be going up and it will be a great selling tool for you to charge more for the advertising - the reality is for me, I have seen the mortgage web site and the bodyshop web site (etc) a number of times only to click out as fast as I can because it’s not what I was trying to do.

EDIT / ADD - now that I'm on my laptop - everytime I get to the bottom of a thread I scroll down to hit the "lounge" tab to return to the thread list and I keep hitting an ad because they don't load as fast as the other content and they pop up just as Im clicking "lounge"

I’ll ask about that.. but?

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score

View attachment 844171 View attachment 844172
Would be nicer to have the individual page numbers showing like the old version did instead of having to open the thread, click on the pages and then typing the page number.

First World problems I know....😎

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
@RiverDave

If you tap the lightning bolt (top right) it brings you to a page that shows All the new Stuff on the site. There are tabs on this page, so you can search around on through All the new stuff.

Screenshot_20200212-114641_Chrome.jpg

It would be nice if the lightning bolt defaulted to the New Posts tab. Dunno if that's an option, or not.

Screenshot_20200212-114701_Chrome.jpg

Hope this makes sense. :)

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Used to be able to tap a picture, like a meme in the Facebook thread and download it. Cant get that to work for me anymore

HCP3

Reaction score
Used to be able to tap a picture, like a meme in the Facebook thread and download it. Cant get that to work for me anymore

Click the picture. It will pop up in a new window where you will see a download icon option in the top right.