WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Sprint/Tmobile SIM card

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Anyone else get one? I got an email about it last week and deleted it because I thought it was a scam. In all my years having a phone I never got sent a new one.
AFF8C6E7-013B-4E97-A375-45F581F7F91A.jpeg

Slats

Reaction score
I had sprint. T mobile took over. Service started getting crappy so I went in and changed to the t mobile SIM cards. Service went to nothing anyplace. Went back and had them put in a new sprint sim and service is back and better that before. But now I have no voice mail. Number is invalid. I don’t recommend the change if it works fine. Leave it alone.

Halvecto

Reaction score
They sent me an envelope with SIM cards for all the phones on our family plan. I haven't done anything with them yet. I should probably go to the Sprint/T-mobile store nearby and see what the dealio is. We have 5 iPhone and my Pixel. I'm the Android holdout. I just logged-in to the Spring/T-Mobile site and a pop-up displayed about the SIM. I can't tell if they are saying it's optional to switch to the T-mobile SIM or not.

Halvecto

Reaction score
I had sprint. T mobile took over. Service started getting crappy so I went in and changed to the t mobile SIM cards. Service went to nothing anyplace. Went back and had them put in a new sprint sim and service is back and better that before. But now I have no voice mail. Number is invalid. I don’t recommend the change if it works fine. Leave it alone.

Thanks for the heads-up.

sunsoaker8

Reaction score
My experience was similar to Slats. I put in the T Mobile card and service dropped well below of what I already had. I went from being able to place and receive calls to getting a message saying I couldn't connect to the system. My difference from Slats was with the T Mobile sim I had no voicemail. I spent hours and I mean hours talking to five different so called tech support experts. I tried using the wi fi calling when I had issues getting on the system. The T Mobile sim has cellular preferred and wi fi preferred.. It constantly switched from wi fi preferred to cellular preferred. I also went back to a Sprint Sim card and works bettter then ever. I also suggest just staying with the Sprint Sim card.

Slats

Reaction score
I spent about two hours in the store only to be told that my phone is bad and I can buy a new one. It’s a I phone x so it’s not that old. Who needs voice mail anyway.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it, wait and upgrade the actual phone to a true TMO network phone

**Sorry I should have included...that upgrade has to happen before the end of this year...lol

Slick

Reaction score
I read they are sun setting the old Sprint 3g network the first of next year. Might be for that reason.