WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New SS Fenders Arrived Today Rant.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Got the call that my new SS fenders had been delivered today. So, I dropped everything and hauled ass out to the powder coating shop to get them. Fenders and More was great to work with and prepared them for shipping by putting them on a long pallett and securing them with banding and clear film so they would be protected. When I finally saw them they were sitting on the ground. No pallett, just sitting there. WTF???? I started looking them over and saw that they evidently had been cut off the pallett somewhere between CA and TX, as there was still some of the banding plastic under the clear film (evidence? Lol.). Why would they do that other than they needed the room and figured that the recipient wouldn't know how they were shipped anyway?? The laser protection film on the edges of the fenders in several places was scraped away and that portion of the fenders looked like they were scratched up and were black. I am going to take a closer look tomorrow and see what the damage is. Even if damage is slight, they should not have cut them off the pallet. They should have been delivered exactly as they were sent. Who does that? I was so bummed out, I had to have me a couple of whiskeys tonight.

These were some quick pics I took. I will get better ones for the freight company.
new fender 4.jpg

Attachments

• New fenders 1.jpg
    New fenders 1.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 317
  • New fender 2.jpg
    New fender 2.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 315
  • New fender 3.jpg
    New fender 3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 313

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
That’s some BS! When I got mine they were very well secured to a pallet with cardboard protecting everything. Fenders N More definitely packages them right. Hopefully they’re not damaged, it would suck to have to wait to get another pair.

shunter2005

Reaction score
I'm not sure I really want to know. I may try to clean one a little and see, but it really doesn't matter. The point of the story is, I shouldn't have to deal with it. I shouldn't have to clean them up and check for damage. I shouldn't have to polish them, if necessary. I just spent a lot of $$$'s on them and shipping to get them here, why should I have to clean them up and check for damage? I should be able to take them off the pallet, drill the mounting holes and fender board holes and put them on and go to the lake. Had they not been separated from the pallet they were shipped on, odds are they would still be as pristine as when they left the manufacturer. It's obvious that they were laid on the side (both sides) and slid around as evidenced by the scraped away protective film that was put on them at the manufacturer and some black junk that is on them. What gives the freight line the right to arbitrarily do this and why? Why is my shipment expendable and others aren't? Tomorrow44 is correct. It is Bullshit!!!!

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
Pat, leave them alone until you talk with the shipper, do not unwrap or do anything to them. They may well want to look at them and if you do anything to them it gives them the opportunity to say you did it. FYI

shunter2005

Reaction score
If they are not bent clean them up put them on and ditch the headache you are going to endure trying to make yourself happy with your purchase.
After talking to them twice today, that may just be the best thing to do. Once I cleaned them up, it doesn't appear that there is a lot of damage. Looked a lot worse than it actually was. Mostly scratches at the edge of the fenders, so I may wind up buffing them to see if I can get the scratches out. One side is worse on each fender than the other side, so the bad side can go inboard and be covered by the carpeted fender board.

Roadrunner claims department say they would need at least 30-60 days (and could be as long at 120 days) before they finish their "investigation". So, up to 4 mo. to get a resolution. Also talked to customer service and then emailed all the info to them and they will notify the supervisors at the appropriate locations and find out what happened. LOL..