WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New to me RZR

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Picked up a new to me RZR 900XP, I know it’s not the high dollar builds everyone has here, but I didn’t have $30k+ to spend, what I did have was $9500 and ended up with this clean lower hour, well maintained 900 with a few extras including a set of paddles.
IMG_0112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brobee

Reaction score
Very nice, you’re going to have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK12

Reaction score
That will get you out there and provide a hell of a good time! Congrats 🍻

DLC

Reaction score
Nice find! Looks clean!

just a word of caution check your oil regularly and make sure air filter is on and sealed correctly!

they had some air filter issues on the 900’s and sucked sand/dirt.

Funny but a buddy would have to check his oil on beer stops to make sure he still had oil in his car! He brought spare oil on rides to top off. I only knew that he was the lucky one in our group and he was also kinda lax on maintenance issues....

badgas

Reaction score
Nice

What year ?

That is going to be a LOT of fun for $9,500.00

I have 2012 900 that I picked up used 6 years ago. Like others have said, Upgrade the air filter.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Nice find! Looks clean!

just a word of caution check your oil regularly and make sure air filter is on and sealed correctly!

they had some air filter issues on the 900’s and sucked sand/dirt.

Funny but a buddy would have to check his oil on beer stops to make sure he still had oil in his car! He brought spare oil on rides to top off. I only knew that he was the lucky one in our group and he was also kinda lax on maintenance issues....

The guy I got it from said he changed the oil every other ride and it didn't burn or leak any oil, I tend to believe him because of the over all condition of it, and also the condition of his other vehicles and garage, this guy seemed very meticulous on everything.

He also said he never burnt a belt, but changed them often just to be sure. He gave me a stack of used belts that were still in good shape and said I can at least use them to get me or someone off the trail if needed.

As far as the air filter goes, he did say he had some issues when the rzr was new, so he upgraded the filter and box to this aluminum one by KMS

AFA.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DLC

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Nice

What year ?

That is going to be a LOT of fun for $9,500.00

I have 2012 900 that I picked up used 6 years ago. Like others have said, Upgrade the air filter.

Same year as yours 2012, see my post above about the air filter. I am pretty happy with it so far, but have only driven it around the neighborhood.

Taking it on its first ride this weekend Barstow/SlashX, my wife says shes almost sad to take it out because it might get dirty....LOL

Ladsm

Reaction score
I have a 2013 XP4900 and it has been bulletproof. It has 2500 miles on the original belt, I just do the regular oil changes and it climbs like a goat. Up here in BHC along the AZ peace trail we have alot of canyons with narrow trails and these fit where the 72" RZRs and CanAM X3 wont fit. I just cant justify upgrading it for how well it does for the local trails.

badgas

Reaction score
My 900 has never burned oil. I use the the Rotella T6 5W-40 and a napa 1537 filter for the engine. I use the Polaris AGL for the rear and Polaris Demand drive fluid for the front diff.

DLC

Reaction score
that’s great news on the aftermarket air filter!

the car is super clean I’m sure it will serve you really well!

The guy I got it from said he changed the oil every other ride and it didn't burn or leak any oil, I tend to believe him because of the over all condition of it, and also the condition of his other vehicles and garage, this guy seemed very meticulous on everything.

He also said he never burnt a belt, but changed them often just to be sure. He gave me a stack of used belts that were still in good shape and said I can at least use them to get me or someone off the trail if needed.

As far as the air filter goes, he did say he had some issues when the rzr was new, so he upgraded the filter and box to this aluminum one by KMS

View attachment 999224

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Couple of questions, being I am a new rzr owner, I am coming from a Rhino. and have rode in a bunch of different rzr's, but never owned.

1. Do these not have a parking brake? Seems strange to me.
2. The previous owner ran mostly only Glamis, and ran with the clutch cover off to help with belt heat. I have been reading alot and seems like its pretty common unless running in a wet climate. Any thoughts? He gave me the cover and the gasket to put back on, just not sure which way to go.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Couple of questions, being I am a new rzr owner, I am coming from a Rhino. and have rode in a bunch of different rzr's, but never owned.

1. Do these not have a parking brake? Seems strange to me.
2. The previous owner ran mostly only Glamis, and ran with the clutch cover off to help with belt heat. I have been reading alot and seems like its pretty common unless running in a wet climate. Any thoughts? He gave me the cover and the gasket to put back on, just not sure which way to go.

Run the cover in the desert.

No parking brake, but putting it in park locks the trans. You can get an E brake lever that sits on the brake pedal.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Took her out this weekend, parked off the 15 near Hodge Rd. and rode out to SlashX for breakfast and drinks, then put a bunch of miles through the Barstow desert area. She ran great, no complaints. :)

SX.jpg
BR.jpg

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
The 900 is a great buy. Super reliable and capable rig. Congratulations!

Badchoices03

Reaction score
How was the food and drinks at slash x

Food was good, but cant really go too wrong with a breakfast burrito. Beers were cold, bloody marys were decent. No masks and had live entertainment going.