WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New to me Stoker

Demoman

Reaction score
After switching to a toon a couple of years ago, it was time to get a second boat to have a little fun with.

Attachments

• stoker1.jpg
    stoker1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 382
  • stoker2.jpg
    stoker2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 412
  • stoker3.jpg
    stoker3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 376

Hammer

Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat ! Looks well taken care of..

Demoman

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am excited to run this boat but I know there will be a learning curve in getting comfortable with it. I would appreciate any input from other Stoker owners as to the do's and don'ts when it comes to driving this boat. I had a pretty fast 27ft Cat before but I know this will be a whole different deal.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Very nice! First thing I would do is take it to Al and have him give it a once over. That will be money well spent. Congrats!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Nice boat and congrats. Looks like my boats twin. :tbi

BigSteve

Reaction score
We have a good thread on the Outboard Church on PB
on the Stoker 204 and the 20
Alan Stoker gives a few comments on driving and set ups.

We just finished putting a 20 Stoker project together.
Its one bad ass ride ! It sports a Yamaha 3.3 liter full works motor and modified gear case
We propped it for a hundred, got 99.8 on GPS on rev limiter. It has power steering
No handling issues or porpoise.
Should pull a speed skier very well off the corner.

BigSteve

Reaction score
Very nice! First thing I would do is take it to Al and have him give it a once over. That will be money well spent. Congrats!

Thats very good advice,
You might find updating the steering system worth while

Make sure the the motor and jack plate doesn't have play from worn parts
No bobble heads !
Stokers, respond to little adjustments
The key to driving a Stoker, at speed is running the hull flat to the water.
Do not over trim a Stoker :thumbup: most do !

Using the correct prop really helps.

Demoman

Reaction score
Thanks BigSteve lots of good info in that thread. Dropped the boat off today with Kevin at KMG for a wet sand can't wait to see how it turns out.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Thats very good advice,
You might find updating the steering system worth while

Make sure the the motor and jack plate doesn't have play from worn parts
No bobble heads !
Stokers, respond to little adjustments
The key to driving a Stoker, at speed is running the hull flat to the water.
Do not over trim a Stoker :thumbup: most do !

Using the correct prop really helps.

Yep a 1/4 on the jack plate made my boat go from stable and predictable to shorts changing.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

Its one bad ass ride ! It sports a Yamaha 3.3 liter full works motor and modified gear case
We propped it for a hundred, got 99.8 on GPS on rev limiter. It has power steering
I have had that 99.8 top speed lingering over my head for a long time now in my Ally....never hit 100 damnit..congrats on the new boats to both of ya

boat527

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am excited to run this boat but I know there will be a learning curve in getting comfortable with it. I would appreciate any input from other Stoker owners as to the do's and don'ts when it comes to driving this boat. I had a pretty fast 27ft Cat before but I know this will be a whole different deal.

For packing air and having fun:

Floor it ( conditions and traffic permitting), you will feel it start to pack air when you get going and start to bump the up button,
trim it out until the bow starts to wave at you ( ever so slightly) If I remember those were Als words, not mine.
give a bump to the down button , it will take a set and you are on your way...They are Fun fun fun to drive!

It will turn harder than almost any boat you have been in...

Dont be trimmin and flying if you see a bunch of dark spots in the water ahead... Up trim, plus wind gusts equals bad....

They are a great all around boat pretty good in all conditions but they can lure you into a sense of security,, very user friendly. But like any boat on the river, saftey is key.

Seat time is your friend

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
If I just bought one, I would contact Riverbound for a driving lesson.

Congrats on your purchase. A stoker is on my list for sure.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
For packing air and having fun:

Floor it ( conditions and traffic permitting), you will feel it start to pack air when you get going and start to bump the up button,
trim it out until the bow starts to wave at you ( ever so slightly) If I remember those were Als words, not mine.
give a bump to the down button , it will take a set and you are on your way...They are Fun fun fun to drive!

It will turn harder than almost any boat you have been in...

Dont be trimmin and flying if you see a bunch of dark spots in the water ahead... Up trim, plus wind gusts equals bad....

They are a great all around boat pretty good in all conditions but they can lure you into a sense of security,, very user friendly. But like any boat on the river, saftey is key.

Seat time is your friend

lol. Seat time is everything with those boats.

The one I drove with a 300 Promax on it got my attention really quick. When the boat starts to move sideways at high speed you quickly figure out how much trim is too much trim.

Great riding boats, super soft and fast as hell.

Demoman

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input. I spoke with Riverbound and his insight into these boats was very helpful. I have had the boat out 4 of the last 5 weekends. I am very happy with the way it handles. The boat really does not do anything weird or unexpected. I thought it would feel way more flighty. Everyone is spot on when they say trim it until the nose circles a little then bump it down and run it flat. It certainly does not take a bunch of trim to make this hull perform. The boat rides great for its size. When you hit some rough stuff nothing on this boat wiggles or rattles. After running a cat and a tritoon it is kinda fun to read the water and drive a boat again. Oh crap now I am starting to sound like Sharpshooter:)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 300

Croz

Reaction score
Sweet stoker man it's gonna be a blast on the morning glass

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Quite the opposite. Glassy water is too sticky.

Yep need some wind chop to loosen it up and it really gets fun with light to medium boat chop. That's when you get to "drive". Also wanted to say that a bit of down trim will make a huge difference in turning. It will go from turnning on rails to throwing people out of the seats so ease into it.

Croz

Reaction score
Yep need some wind chop to loosen it up and it really gets fun with light to medium boat chop. That's when you get to "drive". Also wanted to say that a bit of down trim will make a huge difference in turning. It will go from turnning on rails to throwing people out of the seats so ease into it.

I had an eliminator liberty, I thought they may have ridden similarly because of the size and power. I enjoyed the morning glass much more than wind chop in that thing, stoker must be a smoother ride.

mlt

Reaction score
Welcome brother...really nice stoker..great ride, enjoy:thumbsup

FastTimmy

Reaction score

Any chance you can post a link to that thread ⬆️ I’ve search PB and here now with no luck.

Timmy

DAVEO

Reaction score
Quite the opposite. Glassy water is too sticky.
I found with my 201 that 6" to 1' chop is what mine liked. Wasn't the fastest but sure was a great boat to drive. I miss that boat!

instagator

Reaction score

IMG_1083.jpg

instagator

Reaction score
This one is for sale, 300 optimax, RD s Boats and watercraft section