WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New to RDP from Colorado

MT Dave

Reaction score
Hello,
I grew up in SO CAL and have been boating on Lake Havasu since the mid 70's. Also been boating in Montana on Flathead Lake since the late 80's. Karen and I moved from SO CAL to Highlands Ranch, Colorado in 98 only to find out that Colorado has ponds that they call lakes. :) We love the water and try to get to Havasu in the spring and fall, and we get up to Flathead during the summer months. We own 2 Hallett's; a 1980 - 20SS and a 1993 - 210. Hope to see some of you on the water this year
20SS at Flathead_1.jpg
20180608_14223888.jpg
Dave

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Welcome to RDP Dave and Karen.
Dig your boats. The ss is a really nice looking float.
Let us inmates know when you're in Havasu so we know when to watch for you 👍

MT Dave

Reaction score
Welcome to RDP Dave and Karen.
Dig your boats. The ss is a really nice looking float.
Let us inmates know when you're in Havasu so we know when to watch for you 👍
Currently planning on being in Havasu 4/14 through 4/18/21. Will be there with the 20SS since I'm putting a new engine in the 210 and doing some other mods that will be needed as a result of the bigger engine. Hope to see you there.
Dave

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Welcome, Colorado is beautiful and an excellent choice. I'm digging the 20ss!

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Welcome sir! Highlands ranch is a very nice area I know some guys that live there. Like your boats and if you get the chance to stop at powell on your way to havasu it's worth it for sure.

cofooter

Reaction score
Welcome, from another Colorado guy. I took the same path as you from So Cal to Colorado in 1997. Live in Longmont. Grew up going to the river and have had a place in Parker since 2011. I go back and forth 8 or 10 times/year. Work from home now so my trips are longer and longer now. Unfortunately I will miss the Snowpocalypse forecast for this weekend, haha. We ski up at a private lake near Greeley. If you haven't tried Navajo Reservoir on the Colorado/New Mexico border, plan a trip, you won't regret it. Way better - less crowded and bigger than any front range lake........

MT Dave

Reaction score
Welcome, from another Colorado guy. I took the same path as you from So Cal to Colorado in 1997. Live in Longmont. Grew up going to the river and have had a place in Parker since 2011. I go back and forth 8 or 10 times/year. Work from home now so my trips are longer and longer now. Unfortunately I will miss the Snowpocalypse forecast for this weekend, haha. We ski up at a private lake near Greeley. If you haven't tried Navajo Reservoir on the Colorado/New Mexico border, plan a trip, you won't regret it. Way better - less crowded and bigger than any front range lake........
Thanks for the welcome and the heads up on Navajo Reservoir. Will definitely check it out. Our family discovered Flathead Lake in the late 80's and we have been going there ever since. Largest fresh water lake west of the Mississippi, and never any crowds. Summer is short, but well worth it when Havasu is over 110 in the summer months. Driving distance from Colorado to Havasu or Flathead is pretty close to the same for me.

d4l

Reaction score
Welcome or Välkommen as we say in Sweden[emoji1689]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
Hello,
I grew up in SO CAL and have been boating on Lake Havasu since the mid 70's. Also been boating in Montana on Flathead Lake since the late 80's. Karen and I moved from SO CAL to Highlands Ranch, Colorado in 98 only to find out that Colorado has ponds that they call lakes. :) We love the water and try to get to Havasu in the spring and fall, and we get up to Flathead during the summer months. We own 2 Hallett's; a 1980 - 20SS and a 1993 - 210. Hope to see some of you on the water this year View attachment 979671 View attachment 979673 ...
Dave

Hey Dave !

IMG_2367.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk