WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New to RDP

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards. Are you still Blythe? Did you grow up faming?

Mike

Bugginout

Reaction score
Welcome buddy. I'm out of Palm Desert. Lots of knowledge on this forum and lots of opinions. Enjoy that new boat. We are keeping the trailer at castle rock this year. Hopefully see you on the water in parker.

MV Mike

Reaction score
Welcome, you cant go wrong with the advice you get from here!!!!!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to rdp! What kind of knowledge are ya looking for?

Tripple3

Reaction score
Welcome to rdp! What kind of knowledge are ya looking for?
Thanks, we’ll would like to get to know more about I.O boats. First time owning a boat with a prop. I’ve had and been around only jet boats. My main concern is how and when to adjust trim. I know it’s a learning experience.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, but cannot believe no one else has pointed this out. First rule of this place is we gotta see a photo of the boat.

Tripple3

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, but cannot believe no one else has pointed this out. First rule of this place is we gotta see a photo of the boat.
A4353A83-3DCF-47C2-B1F4-9A68C9607822.jpeg

Here she is

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks, we’ll would like to get to know more about I.O boats. First time owning a boat with a prop. I’ve had and been around only jet boats. My main concern is how and when to adjust trim. I know it’s a learning experience.

So the best advice I can give you is to lower the front of the trailer so that you can trim the outdrive down without hitting the ground..

Lower the outdrive all the way down.. you will find that it will go past neutral into negative trim.

From there trim the outdrive to where it is parallel with the bottom of the boat.. note where that is in the gauge. If you don’t gave a gauge then count how long it takes for it to get there and get used to that time..

At least now you know where neutral trim is on the boat.

Typically speaking you are going to want the drive “tucked in” or all the way down when taking off / getting on plane.. As you get up on plane the faster you go you are going to want to goto neutral and then even positive trim. Every boat is different so it’s impossible to say what it likes without driving it. I’ve never driven one of those 22 decks so I can’t tell ya what it likes..

Being it’s a little tunnel though you should feel the boat “free up” at speed when it starts packing air..

Tripple3

Reaction score
So the best advice I can give you is to lower the front of the trailer so that you can trim the outdrive down without hitting the ground..

Lower the outdrive all the way down.. you will find that it will go past neutral into negative trim.

From there trim the outdrive to where it is parallel with the bottom of the boat.. note where that is in the gauge. If you don’t gave a gauge then count how long it takes for it to get there and get used to that time..

At least now you know where neutral trim is on the boat.

Typically speaking you are going to want the drive “tucked in” or all the way down when taking off / getting on plane.. As you get up on plane the faster you go you are going to want to goto neutral and then even positive trim. Every boat is different so it’s impossible to say what it likes without driving it. I’ve never driven one of those 22 decks so I can’t tell ya what it likes..

Being it’s a little tunnel though you should feel the boat “free up” at speed when it starts packing air..
Thanks will try this.