WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New toon (HEY LAM!)

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Posted this in Toon Town already but eff it, I need the attention. [emoji23]

My wife’s idea of boating has ALWAYS been to pack the boat full of people you enjoy, and just spend the day together. I’ve always wanted to go fast. Or at least didn’t want to take 3 hours to get to Topock for breakfast. Started looking at these tri toons that seem to be taking over.. and it was awesome.

Looked at all the brands in town, and rode in our 3 favorites. This one hands down was the best in our eyes. It handles rough water like nothing I’ve been in before, and it turns insanely well.

Ended up in a Manitou 25 legacy. Single 400 verado. On the test ride with just me it just kissed 60. Loaded up with our friends and kids yesterday it hit 53. Good enough for me!

IMG_6536.jpg
IMG_6537.jpg
IMG_6538.jpg
IMG_6554.jpg
IMG_6555.jpg
IMG_6558.jpg

IMG_6561.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Fun to drive. Fun boats, looks cool.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Super nice toon. The performance on the Manitou's is reported to be off the charts. Congrats.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Badass! That speed is crazy for a pontoon are you sure your not and old jet boater! Lol! J/k
I see a badass toon like this in our future.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Very nice boat however it’s really sad to see people needing to wear Ugg’s and hoodies in the desert in MAY!! :(

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Weather guy on 5 this morning said it would be hot in Palm Springs and Havasu....... a whopping 86 degrees!! 106 would be better!!

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Oh so i guess the blue lights are good for you since yur a cop! grats brother cant wait to take a ride

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Oh so i guess the blue lights are good for you since yur a cop! grats brother cant wait to take a ride

They were on after sunset while we were hanging in the channel. Havasu PD was literally 15 feet from us setting up their no swim zone deals in the red zones... didn’t say a word to me about them. [emoji2371]

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Ok, you have real world experience with the tri-toon. Always hear the numbers put out by the guys selling them, but you tested and then loaded it and it still went good;) I always thought they were cool, but watching the guys putt up river with a 125 or something was not! Now I can admit I like toons...and not be picked on by my go-fast buddies!

Congratulations! Nice boat...I sure hope it warms up some so you can use it without being bundled up!

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Very nice!
What were your other favorites?
I've ridden in the high and low hp toons.
I think no matter how much hp you throw at them a 20-25 mph cruise is plenty fast to enjoy the ride.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Excellent! I looked at them too, the fit and finish is very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Very nice!
What were your other favorites?
I've ridden in the high and low hp toons.
I think no matter how much hp you throw at them a 20-25 mph cruise is plenty fast to enjoy the ride.

We really liked the Avalon’s. We were looking hard at a twin 300 boat. Acceleration was insane, but all told with the added engine and double gas tank capacity, you don’t benefit TOO much in speed. Now twin 400s would be insane... didn’t have 210 grand though. [emoji23]

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Ok, you have real world experience with the tri-toon. Always hear the numbers put out by the guys selling them, but you tested and then loaded it and it still went good;) I always thought they were cool, but watching the guys putt up river with a 125 or something was not! Now I can admit I like toons...and not be picked on by my go-fast buddies!

Congratulations! Nice boat...I sure hope it warms up some so you can use it without being bundled up!

We tested the boat propped with a 17. Decided that since we will usually always run with a full load, dropped to a 16 for delivery. I hit the rev limited at about 53 with the family and fully fueled, not sure if I should have stuck with the 17

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
We really liked the Avalon’s. We were looking hard at a twin 300 boat. Acceleration was insane, but all told with the added engine and double gas tank capacity, you don’t benefit TOO much in speed. Now twin 400s would be insane... didn’t have 210 grand though. [emoji23]

I could argue with myself all day, I just didn't see a need for twin 400's on my new one. another $35-40K, double the fuel cost, double the maintenance costs and get maybe 5-7 mph more. My new ride runs a nice click of speed and I still have 600rpm left in it to hit rev limiter, when I do the jack plate I will still be ahead in twin money and mph. You did great, beautiful new boat for sure, toons are good living!

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I could argue with myself all day, I just didn't see a need for twin 400's on my new one. another $35-40K, double the fuel cost, double the maintenance costs and get maybe 5-7 mph more. My new ride runs a nice click of speed and I still have 600rpm left in it to hit rev limiter, when I do the jack plate I will still be ahead in twin money and mph. You did great, beautiful new boat for sure, toons are good living!

Yeah at those speeds it does not make sense.