WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Trifecta Reveal - She actually did pretty good!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There was a girl at the Trifecta party that owned last years model and was kind of explaining to us some of the differences, so I didn't skip a beat.. I had Mike put a microphone on her and let her do a video!

The new one is bad ass.. Love the integrated coolers under the rear seats and some of the other features.

RD

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Great video and beautiful tritoon! It looks so comfortable - nicest toon I've seen but I haven't seen all that many.

I have to ask (so I can't afford) - how much is something like that?!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Great video and beautiful tritoon! It looks so comfortable - nicest toon I've seen but I haven't seen all that many.

I have to ask (so I can't afford) - how much is something like that?!

I didn’t ask but it’s gotta be approaching the 3’s.. 275 if I had to guess maybe 285?

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
All that fancy stuff and I need one of the trash can access doors, have to lift the head rest on mine to get to the trash can, kind of a pain when peeps are kicking back in that seat with a sleeping grandkid in their lap.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Great job on the video , but I’m scratching my head asking at what point did we jump the shark on pontoon style boats. I just bought a new 2021 Regency 250 DL3 for 75% less than the price of this one and i could not be any happier. Pontoon style boats serve only one purpose and that is to be the lazy mans boat and not a flashy hot rod, leave that up to the big cats.

dspracing

Reaction score
To each his own but I just can’t figure out why people are drawn to these things. I see where they could be appealing as a sub $50k grandchild shuttle that you can beach anywhere. But when we are talking serious money I just don’t see the value. They aren’t even fun to drive!

BingerFang

Reaction score
I wonder how it looks with the tower folded down.

About the price…. There’s no better boat for a family w/ kids…. Where money isn’t an issue of course. :)

I have to say I’ve ridden in a new one with twin 400’s and they defy everything I ever thought about pontoons. Lol

WildWilly

Reaction score
I"m sitting here trying to figure out how a woman that owned a pest management compancy back in Corona CA is giving the demo on a new Trifecta...lol

Reactions: DWC

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
If you had the owners other boat this is not all that expensive, from what I heard.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I"m sitting here trying to figure out how a woman that owned a pest management compancy back in Corona CA is giving the demo on a new Trifecta...lol
Maybe you will meet her someday or she reads this thread and comments. Most likely worked her ass off with her husband or family. My wife drove and maintained a street sweeper for many years. She gets anything she wants or needs these days.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
To each his own but I just can’t figure out why people are drawn to these things. I see where they could be appealing as a sub $50k grandchild shuttle that you can beach anywhere. But when we are talking serious money I just don’t see the value. They aren’t even fun to drive!

When you get into the twins they are kinda fun to drive..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

She was at the unveiling and started telling us what was different on the new one from hers.. so I told mike to let her do the video.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We were running up river to Pirates I think it was Saturday of DS weekend. Running about 65 cruising along and this dude in a Trifecta rolls past us at like 75 LOL. I was laughing.

I was doing 50’ish in my Schiada and had one go around me like I was standing still.. my buddy looked at me and said “I think that bbq was lit!” Lol. Fucker..

I don’t have that problem anymore..

I will say it’s humorous to be cruising down the lake at 45-50 and you hear these guys with their 496 boats running them for everything they are worth trying to catch ya and pass ya.. as they get closer if I bump it up to about 60 and leave it there they usually give up in frustration..

Had a guy just about out a rod through the oil pan last time I was out in a 28 eagle.. lol.

Tank

Reaction score
I was doing 50’ish in my Schiada and had one go around me like I was standing still.. my buddy looked at me and said “I think that bbq was lit!” Lol. Fucker..

I will say it’s humorous to be cruising down the lake at 45-50 and you hear these guys with their 496 boats running them for everything they are worth trying to catch ya and pass ya.. as they get closer if I bump it up to about 60 and leave it there they usually give up in frustration..

Had a guy just about out a rod through the oil pan last time I was out in a 28 eagle.. lol.

I was actually laughing and gave the guy a thumbs up. Our big ol tub aint no race boat at 12,000 lbs I didn't take his bait, pretty sure he wasn't even burried into the throttles. Fuckers are FAST! I will say, when the water started getting snotty with cross wake / chop he slowed down, we kept going LOL

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I match their speed until their bimini fails. That has happened once this year and once last year. :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was actually laughing and gave the guy a thumbs up. Our big ol tub aint no race boat at 12,000 lbs I didn't take his bait, pretty sure he wasn't even burried into the throttles. Fuckers are FAST! I will say, when the water started getting snotty with cross wake / chop he slowed down, we kept going LOL

With 900 HP it better do 70... considering a variant that costs 1/3 the price with 1/3 the power will do mid 50s LOL.

gqchris

Reaction score

Dave, if I had your ride I would go around eating Magic decks for dinner! Those guys think their rigs do 100 MPH because of the swim step echo chamber! Would be a blast to hear them bounce the limiter!

Anyone half decent boat owner should know that a twin 400 "anything" is going to wipe them unless they got something blue or magical under the hatch. LOL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, if I had your ride I would go around eating Magic decks for dinner! Those guys think their rigs do 100 MPH because of the swim step echo chamber! Would be a blast to hear them bounce the limiter!

Anyone half decent boat owner should know that a twin 400 "anything" is going to wipe them unless they got something blue or magical under the hatch. LOL

most of the decks even with blue motors aren’t that fast when they are loaded Up

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

The problem is the one with the Teague 825 in it sounds the same as the one with a stock 496... :)

giphy.gif

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I will say one of the main reasons I sold my 496 magic is because I got beat by a pontoon. It was a shitty feeling as I kept hitting my throttle up trying to get more.

lol.. now ya got a little more than a blue motor don’t ya?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
All composite twin trifectas
Only way to go
With the twin 300’s T’s pulling 68 at $205k, this seems like a bargain👍

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Jack Plates looked nice.....you should ask for a demo ride RD...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We can find out tomorrow. My magic is loaded with ezup, bbq, chairs, tables etc.

There are more than a handful in town that will smoke a 900HP toon, that is for sure.

Although above 70-75 everyone in both the fast couch and the fast deck are miserable aside from the 2 passengers behind the helms.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
It’s tough to wrap your head around the price. Not just this boat but most any boat. If you know anything about mass production you know the profit in these things is mind blowing. Forget the cost plus pricing model. It’s more of a “how much is someone will to pay” model and the boating industry has this figured out.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I looked into these 450r's. A couple of those plus all the electronic rigging and helm, whatever version of smart craft goodies (I am not up to speed) , and some kind of "you better have it" extended warranty has to exceed $150k.

Definitely designed for Fuck You money but just know I like it....and if I had it, well... :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Wait till you turn 50 and feel the crackle pops climbing out that open bow, then we can talk about how silly toons are 🤣

I have 0 problems with them, they make total sense for Havasu. I just don’t see the difference between a $100k toon that does 55 and a $300k toon that does 72, but that is just me. This is America and we only live once, get whatever makes you happy.