Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
From this past sunday.

[video=youtube;gRnfzyMA1ik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRnfzyMA1ik[/video]

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Nice looking video Shane. Looks like the new camera works a little better than the last one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Damn, that thing is really carrying the nose!!

Looked like it started to chine walk around the 2:45 mark? Seemed like it only did it on that pass though.. Not enough plate? Or too much?

either way absolutely bitchen!!

What kind of speeds was he seeing?

RD

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Damn, that thing is really carrying the nose!!

Looked like it started to chine walk around the 2:45 mark? Seemed like it only did it on that pass though.. Not enough plate? Or too much?

either way absolutely bitchen!!

What kind of speeds was he seeing?

RD

I just got back from carson's they were running 110mph @ 5700rpm. Carson had the motor running 6000rpm on the dyno so there is a little more pedal left.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I think that chine walk came from him going back along his wake from the previous pass, The boat does carry the heck out of the nose, but it takes a bitchin set all the way to the 100mph mark. I took a couple of buddies out for a ride before we shot that video, there is nothing like the feeling of running along at 50 and stabbing the pedal down, it takes about half a second and then the boost comes on so strong the boat almost leaps from the water, when it hits about 80 it makes another leap from the boat starting to lose drag and get out of the water and goes right to 100.

When i built the hatch and upholstery i tried to make as much breathing room for the engine as possible but you definitely feel the difference between running with the hatch on and off, i'm guessing it's a good 100hp difference. I think in those runs on the video steve was running somewhere around 105. You can see at the beginning he pulls the rear seat cushions out, they have a 3"x24" hole behind each cushion to try and get even more air to the motor.

Tomorrow we're pullin the 2 blade and putting a stainless 3 blade on it so he can use it the rest of summer for play skiing and cruising. Wife's orders are nothing over 50mph with her in the boat :D It should cruise nice and get rid of alot of the 2 blade noise between 2-3k rpm.

D

Deleted Account

...When i built the hatch and upholstery i tried to make as much breathing room for the engine as possible but you definitely feel the difference between running with the hatch on and off, i'm guessing it's a good 100hp difference. I think in those runs on the video steve was running somewhere around 105. You can see at the beginning he pulls the rear seat cushions out, they have a 3"x24" hole behind each cushion to try and get even more air to the motor.

Tomorrow we're pullin the 2 blade and putting a stainless 3 blade on it so he can use it the rest of summer for play skiing and cruising. Wife's orders are nothing over 50mph with her in the boat :D It should cruise nice and get rid of alot of the 2 blade noise between 2-3k rpm.

I built a whole lotta boat interiors and that's about the best you can do. That entire boat came out amazing. It pulls the nose like nobody's business.

That thing is sick. Nice work.:D