WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New way to launch things into orbit

floatn turd

Reaction score
That's pretty cool!

Kinda looks like another idea that was ahead of it's time.

That mode of personal transportation Mr. Garrison thought up in South Park.

04n1KEN.jpg

2Driver

Reaction score
Could you image launching a 100 million dollar satellite with that and it comes out like you sneezed with a mouth full of saltines.
Might be good to have at the border and maybe free carnival rides for the homeless.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I wonder what they plan on using to generate the power needed to make it "zero emissions"?
Maybe unicorns run in the giant hamster wheel?

Impressive machine though. The balance has to be perfect, and the tolerances on a wheel of that size...very impressive.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Interesting idea. But hydrogen/liquid O2 rockets are zero emissions too and I would hazard to guess significantly more feasible.
Yes, but this one could be sponsored by a wheel or tire manufacturer...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Ok, some of us had those fly wheel kind of toys, motorcycles or cars, that had the pull cord...

If the axle were to break, at 5000mph edge speed, on a 150ft diameter wheel, how far would it go? What kind of energy would it carry?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I wonder what they plan on using to generate the power needed to make it "zero emissions"?

Impressive machine though. The balance has to be perfect, and the tolerances on a wheel of that size...very impressive.
It’s always interesting when some “other” scientist figures out the emissions of zero emissions. 😂

Reaction score
Ok, some of us had those fly wheel kind of toys, motorcycles or cars, that had the pull cord...

If the axle were to break, at 5000mph edge speed, on a 150ft diameter wheel, how far would it go? What kind of energy would it carry?

it would probably roll all the way to china, where the parts came from anyway...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Can't find a clip now, but I remember reading about an underground nuke test they did in NM. The well they put the nuke in was capped with a steel lid, like a massive man hole cover.
When the nuke was detonated, the cap shot of, followed by a massive flare type flame.
They never found the "lid", and it has been mentioned that it may have escaped the earth's gravity!

Taboma

Reaction score

When I was a kid I had one of those Trimble Drome tethered race cars. It was secured in the middle of our concrete driveway with an anchor, then had a steel cable connected to the car. Obviously, it went around and around pretty damned fast.
I will now confess my stupidity of youth, or AKA, failed science experiment with G forces.
I also had more than a few pet parakeets in my youth, since it seemed they were one of rarity of God's creatures in as much as I wasn't allergic to them.

Anyway, by now you might be guessing where this story leads, and trust me, no adult supervision was involved in this experiment.

Canopy was removed from race car, hapless parakeet who I swear volunteered and who'd had his wings clipped was gently placed into the driver's seat. Canopy was replaced.
Engine started, car released, and around and around the pretty yellow parakeet went. I have no idea what amount of G forces that poor bastard endured, but when the car finally ran out of gas --- which for the record was how they were stopped --- and slowly spun down, I rushed to recover my "Test Pet", and sadly, he hadn't survive. I was heart broken, I really hadn't intended on killing my pet parakeet, I wasn't cruel to animals, I was however, obviously, just one dumb-ass little kid. Learned something about G forces and centrifuges that day.

All my pictures of the dumb-ass kid burned in the fire --- but here's what the car looked like, anybody else own one ?

Thimble Drome tethered race car.JPG

floatn turd

Reaction score

I hope they're not planning to use electricity genetated from filthy, racist, Trump supported cole-fired power plants!

"Climate Change" dictates that they would need about 1,250 square miles of these environmentally conscious panels to launch a new satellite.
😐
Solar-Panel-scaled.jpg

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
When I was a kid I had one of those Trimble Drome tethered race cars. It was secured in the middle of our concrete driveway with an anchor, then had a steel cable connected to the car. Obviously, it went around and around pretty damned fast.
I will now confess my stupidity of youth, or AKA, failed science experiment with G forces.
I also had more than a few pet parakeets in my youth, since it seemed they were one of rarity of God's creatures in as much as I wasn't allergic to them.

Anyway, by now you might be guessing where this story leads, and trust me, no adult supervision was involved in this experiment.

Canopy was removed from race car, hapless parakeet who I swear volunteered and who'd had his wings clipped was gently placed into the driver's seat. Canopy was replaced.
Engine started, car released, and around and around the pretty yellow parakeet went. I have no idea what amount of G forces that poor bastard endured, but when the car finally ran out of gas --- which for the record was how they were stopped --- and slowly spun down, I rushed to recover my "Test Pet", and sadly, he hadn't survive. I was heart broken, I really hadn't intended on killing my pet parakeet, I wasn't cruel to animals, I was however, obviously, just one dumb-ass little kid. Learned something about G forces and centrifuges that day.

All my pictures of the dumb-ass kid burned in the fire --- but here's what the car looked like, anybody else own one ?

View attachment 1065947
That does it I am calling the ASPCA!😱😂

WYRD

Reaction score
Dramatic effect, it's not cool to push a button

Berdes

Reaction score

View attachment 1065947
Had a teather hydro many years ago. Couldn't afford a camera at the time - hence no picture.

Taboma

Reaction score
Had a teather hydro many years ago. Couldn't afford a camera at the time - hence no picture.

Intersting, was it like a tethered airplane, where you stood in the middle holding a handle ? I never liked that, I wasn't good at spinning in circles and not getting dizzy. 😵‍💫
I can't imagine what a GoPro video would have looked like as that little car whizzed around in a circle so fast it was almost a blur, but watching it would probably result in this --- 🤮 🤣

Oh and for the record, I felt horrible, and even worse later when my dad whooped my ass ---- you see, with my ole man, ignorance suffered the same punishment as insolence, both being equally unacceptable.
This encouraged me to be smarter and have a better attitude. It also encouraged me to be more creatively deceptive and less forthcoming --- AKA, Don't Get Caught ;)

Last edited:

Berdes

Reaction score
Similar idea, but stayed on the seawall of the pond and let it run until the fuel ran out. Found this on the web: