WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Year, New job, Well sort of. Back in the boat business!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
After selling boats (Nautique and Sanger) up in the Reno/Tahoe area for many years I fell in love with it. I love the customers, the product and getting out on the lake during the work day. It's so much fun to sell something people get excited about. They realize it's just not a want but a need to keep them sane in today's crazy world.

We moved back to Vegas in May of 2020 and at the time there wasn't an opening at the shop I wanted to work for but that changed. I'm now in sales at Tommy's Las Vegas. It's a great dealership with really neat product and amazing awesome people. I already consider many of them friends!

Just to be clear I'm not spamming. I hope RDP members know that I was always there for them to answer questions and lend an ear even if they weren't purchasing from me. I love hearing about boats that members are interested in; and if I can help them make and informed decision, answer questions about the brands I was familiar with, then that was great. I never want to see a good person get taken; especially on such an expensive venture. I'm still here for that, as I just like to talk boats! If I can help a fellow member make the right decision on their purchase, that's a win!

I'm pumped to not only sell everyone's favorite on here, wake boats (hahaha) but, center consoles, pontoons and I/O runabout/surf styles. I'm blessed to say I can't keep up so far and business has just been insane and why I have not posted this sooner.

Lake Havasu is also our territory for most of our new brands and I should be at the boat show coming up there. Please make a point to shoot by and say hello. Just yell out Beaverretriever and I'm sure Ill perk up! If you're in Henderson, stop by our shop on Lake Mead Pkwy on the way to the lake and say hello!

Thanks everyone,

John

View from both my offices. Have an amazing week.

20220125_133511.jpg

New 2022 Cobalt R6 we did a test run with the other day. I still call it work, but definitely not as bad as some jobs can be.

20220122_135147.jpg

20220114_142859.jpg

Including this photo just for fun! We took one of our new boats down the street to the Lamborghini dealer for the shot. Thought it was pretty cool.

20220119_104204.jpg

Last edited:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Congrats. I think you are one Wake Boat person that everyone doesn't mind hearing from. Glad I got to meet you when you were in the Reno Area.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Congrats. I think you are one Wake Boat person that everyone doesn't mind hearing from. Glad I got to meet you when you were in the Reno Area.

Thanks so much! I think I'm definitely just a "boat person" more than anything though! I would love to sell multi million dollar yachts or center consoles like Midnight Express or HCB, but not too many of those dealers here in Southern Nevada. 🤣

guest hs

Reaction score
After selling boats (Nautique and Sanger) up in the Reno/Tahoe area for many years I fell in love with it. I love the customers, the product and getting out on the lake during the work day. It's so much fun to sell something people get excited about. They realize it's just not a want but a need to keep them sane in today's crazy world.

We moved back to Vegas in May of 2020 and at the time there wasn't an opening at the shop I wanted to work for but that changed. I'm now in sales at Tommy's Las Vegas. It's a great dealership with really neat product and amazing awesome people. I already consider many of them friends!

Just to be clear I'm not spamming. I hope RDP members know that I was always there for them to answer questions and lend an ear even if they weren't purchasing from me. I love hearing about boats that members are interested in; and if I can help them make and informed decision, answer questions about the brands I was familiar with, then that was great. I never want to see a good person get taken; especially on such an expensive venture. I'm still here for that, as I just like to talk boats! If I can help a fellow member make the right decision on their purchase, that's a win!

I'm pumped to not only sell everyone's favorite on here, wake boats (hahaha) but, center consoles, pontoons and I/O runabout/surf styles. I'm blessed to say I can't keep up so far and business has just been insane and why I have not posted this sooner.

Lake Havasu is also our territory for most of our new brands and I should be at the boat show coming up there. Please make a point to shoot by and say hello. Just yell out Beaverretriever and I'm sure Ill perk up! If you're in Henderson, stop by our shop on Lake Mead Pkwy on the way to the lake and say hello!

Thanks everyone,

John

View from both my offices. Have an amazing week.

View attachment 1082909

New 2022 Cobalt R6 we did a test run with the other day. I still call it work, but definitely not as bad as some jobs can be.

View attachment 1082908

View attachment 1082912

Including this photo just for fun! We took one of our new boats down the street to the Lamborghini dealer for the shot. Thought it was pretty cool.

View attachment 1082915
Say hi to Vincent in the back shop he worked for me at my old shop in Henderson for a while and he’s a great family friend, Shane

Reaction score
is it in vegas or boulder city, tommy that is.

never mind found web site, it's in henderson...

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Be nice if when I opened my garage that the contents of the last picture was in it…😀
If I do my Vegas trip next weekend, I will stop by.
what was your name again?😀😀😀😀
sorry grumpy🤣

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Congrats

Malibu. Huh?!, Guess that is a change from what you were doing before. Lol

I got my new Malibu on order already. Not sure it would help because they might have territories and I am up north.

samsah33

Reaction score
You've been here since 2007 with 3k posts and 8k thumbs up; I think anyone would have a hard time thinking you're spamming at this point! Congrats from a noob, always happy to hear about positive career changes!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
You've been here since 2007 with 3k posts and 8k thumbs up; I think anyone would have a hard time thinking you're spamming at this point! Congrats from a noob, always happy to hear about positive career changes!
To be fair, I think most of us open his threads in hopes for pics of the wife, but this thread did not deliver. :) congrats BR!

attitude

Reaction score
Congrats! One day I hope to be able to be in a position to work in the boating industry. Nothing I would love to do more than talk boats all day lol!

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Congrats John!

We'll be in Vegas this weekend staying at Circa. Big group rented a cabana at Stadium Swim to watch the games on Sunday. You guys should come down....they keep the pool at 98 degrees!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Congrats

Malibu. Huh?!, Guess that is a change from what you were doing before. Lol

I got my new Malibu on order already. Not sure it would help because they might have territories and I am up north.
Say hi to Vincent in the back shop he worked for me at my old shop in Henderson for a while and he’s a great family friend, Shane
@DaveC Yeah, its a slight change with a new manufacture. What did you end up getting? Yeah, territories can make sales difficult not only for the buyer but the sales person. I always have ways I can help you though. Let me know in the future if you need anything or have any friends looking!

@namba860 Will do! He is a great guy.

@samah33 Thanks so much! I just want to be transparent and don't want Dave to slap me on the wrist. I am thinking of doing some advertising with him though! Not really a career change, just was out of the business for about a year and half and happy to be back.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
@beaverretriever looks like you launched out of calville for the demo? how was it?

tommys is boulder boats correct?

Yes, Tommy's purchased Boulder and it has been great! Can't say so much for the ramp. Things are in the works at many ramps though, crossing fingers. It is currently single wide and pretty tight but doable. Hemmingway is getting a whole re do, so we will see. Echo is great!

guest hs

Reaction score
@DaveC Yeah, its a slight change with a new manufacture. What did you end up getting? Yeah, territories can make sales difficult not only for the buyer but the sales person. I always have ways I can help you though. Let me know in the future if you need anything or have any friends looking!

@namba860 Will do! He is a great guy.

@samah33 Thanks so much! I just want to be transparent and don't want Dave to slap me on the wrist. I am thinking of doing some advertising with him though! Not really a career change, just was out of the business for about a year and half and happy to be back.
Say hi to brian in parts he worked for me to at the same place with Vincent

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Congrats John!

We'll be in Vegas this weekend staying at Circa. Big group rented a cabana at Stadium Swim to watch the games on Sunday. You guys should come down....they keep the pool at 98 degrees!

Thanks buddy! It has been amazing so far. I am seeing crosseyed because it has been so busy. I would love to meet but we actually already made plans with some folks we have not seen in long time on Sunday. I know we will hook up soon as we keep trying. Let us know in advance when you come out during the late spring or summer.

Joker

Reaction score
Been to Boulder City twice this year already. Place is beautiful and well kept. Next time we run over there, we'll trek over to Henderson to your new gig. Are you still selling doors or no?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Been to Boulder City twice this year already. Place is beautiful and well kept. Next time we run over there, we'll trek over to Henderson to your new gig. Are you still selling doors or no?
No, the door thing was just a side thing for bit until I got situated here back in Vegas. My passion is selling fun high end retail stuff and boats definitely fill the void.

My parents live in BC and we love it there too. We live in Lake Las Vegas but ready for a single story. We will either stay in LLV or move to Boulder.

Please stop by and say hello next time you're in town!

Riverryder

Reaction score
Yes, Tommy's purchased Boulder and it has been great! Can't say so much for the ramp. Things are in the works at many ramps though, crossing fingers. It is currently single wide and pretty tight but doable. Hemmingway is getting a whole re do, so we will see. Echo is great!
i live in vegas so was just curious on the ramp i need to run my boat rather take it to calville not all the way to mohave.

have had a few run ins with some boulder boat guys on the water couple years ago. towed 1 boat in on windy day that wouldnt start, another in the winter that had no steering on a pre-delivery test run?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
i live in vegas so was just curious on the ramp i need to run my boat rather take it to calville not all the way to mohave.

have had a few run ins with some boulder boat guys on the water couple years ago. towed 1 boat in on windy day that wouldnt start, another in the winter that had no steering on a pre-delivery test run?

I guess it's bound to happen. Our techs do a lot of on water testing out there.

When I was selling up in Northern Nv, I had a brand new Sanger I was selling blow off a coolant line. Overheated about 2miles from the dock. We had one crappy little measly paddle and it was a super quiet weekday out on Lahonton Reservoir with nobody around. So I jumped in the water and pushed the boat back 2miles! Happens to all of us.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@beaverretriever my comment wasn’t to shit on the brand it was just to say what happened. I couldn’t believe they went out with just 1 boat in the wind. And the other guy by himself in a boat that he didn’t know.

I’m sure I’ll stop by and check it out sometime soon. Get some stickers made might attract more people I know my kids always ask to go places that they get stickers from haha

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Congrats! One day I hope to be able to be in a position to work in the boating industry. Nothing I would love to do more than talk boats all day lol!

Well, it's fun but still work and a job I have to go to every day. I'd rather be retired and out boating or traveling or riding my bike or, or, or....hahahaha. However, I guess if you have to work like I do, it's at least neat to be around something you enjoy.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
@beaverretriever my comment wasn’t to shit on the brand it was just to say what happened. I couldn’t believe they went out with just 1 boat in the wind. And the other guy by himself in a boat that he didn’t know.

I’m sure I’ll stop by and check it out sometime soon. Get some stickers made might attract more people I know my kids always ask to go places that they get stickers from haha

Oh, I didnt take it the wrong way at all. I think our techs go out a lot by themselves as we are so busy and it's hard for more than one to leave at a time I guess.

Have a great week and stop by and say hello!