WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New York Police Department's budget has been slashed by $1 billion

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Should be an interesting long weekend in NYC

Facing pressure from thousands of constituents calling to defund the police, New York City slashed $1 billion from the police budget. But some city lawmakers -- and the protesters calling for change -- think the cuts weren't sweeping enough.

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Interesting. So the property values will plummet and anyone with any brains will see the final straw has been pulled and move.

What a dumb bunch of fucking idiots.
And that is a huge problem. Where will they move? To our budget neutral communities that we have worked so hard for? Where we have law and order and safe schools? Where we respect our Leo's? Where we have built churches and community centers? You are welcome to these areas, but please don't bring your left wing progressive ideas with you. Or maybe...that is part of the plan.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
And that is a huge problem. Where will they move? To our budget neutral communities that we have worked so hard for? Where we have law and order and safe schools? Where we respect our Leo's? Where we have built churches and community centers? You are welcome to these areas, but please don't bring your left wing progressive ideas with you. Or maybe...that is part of the plan.
They are certainly cool with pushing some of the liberal infection into blue areas and states.

We need to keep them put.

fuck democrats

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I am trying to wrap my head around the media spin on things. Are these budget cuts strictly due to the "defund the policy" movement, or were they due to the shut down of the economies (covid) and the budget shortfalls related to that.

I can't imagine it was due to the BLM movement, but they will say it was to appease them... because they knew they had to do it anyway due to the lockdown.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yeah.... Really looks like NY needs to get rid of cops......
Screenshot_20200702-151016.jpg
Screenshot_20200702-151020.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

just_floatin

Reaction score

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Not only slashed. The NYPD has just been effectively neutered in how they can use certain types of control techniques during an arrest. It's far beyond using a Carotid restraint. If the suspect is laying down and they use their knee or foot to hold them in place while getting them in handcuffs it is now a CRIME. They are no longer protected from civil law suits while using a simple control technique to affect a LEGAL arrest. Crazy world.

There are those on here who have suggested cops should not have qualified immunity. Well, there you go. Let's see how this all works out. Sucks to be part of the NYPD. If that shit comes to my department, I'll probably be looking for another career.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
S
Not only slashed. The NYPD has just been effectively neutered in how they can use certain types of control techniques during an arrest. It's far being using a Carotid restraint. If the suspect is laying down and they use their knee or foot to hold them in place while getting them in handcuffs it is now a CRIME. They are no longer protected from civil law suits while using a simple control technique to affect a LEGAL arrest. Crazy world.

There are those on here who have suggested cops should not have qualified immunity. Well, there you go. Let's see how this all works out. Sucks to be part of the NYPD. If that shit comes to my department, I'll probably be looking for another career.
Same here, blinders up high at that point.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
This is all pure media spun bullshit. The reality is my can't afford their debt service let alone salaries of public workers. Ny tax receipts are down 7.9 billion. Saying they are defunding the police to appease the sheep is how they are getting around public outcry for removing essential services. Our country is on a presipice and it is a purely financial one. Has nothing to do with blm.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
This is all pure media spun bullshit. The reality is my can't afford their debt service let alone salaries of public workers. Ny tax receipts are down 7.9 billion. Saying they are defunding the police to appease the sheep is how they are getting around public outcry for removing essential services. Our country is on a presipice and it is a purely financial one. Has nothing to do with blm.
Has nothing to do with the BLM? You might want to rethink that. No doubt the shutdown has lost billions in tax revenue across the country, but the new Libturd political party, AKA BLM, is pushing a very dangerous agenda and the LIBTURDS are reaping the benefits. They have wanted to cut money from cops for years.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
NY is fucked. But reality is, MOST NYC residents are far left wing. So they are reaping what they sow. Don’t feel for them. But I do feel for the small percent who are not far left nutjobs. I believe there will be an exodus of the center and right, that are still there.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Soooo stupid to defund police!! If there are issues with performance, usually additional training might be needed. At least that how most companies work. Just give more training if needed, don't defund.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with the BLM? You might want to rethink that. No doubt the shutdown has lost billions in tax revenue across the country, but the new Libturd political party, AKA BLM, is pushing a very dangerous agenda and the LIBTURDS are reaping the benefits. They have wanted to cut money from cops for years.

BLM is the excuse they are using for spin control. The total tax receipts as of the end of April were down 7.9bn dollars. Add another 500mm in May and its sitting at roughly 8.4bn. By mid May they needed to cut 8.5bn or they would not be able to afford their debt service on the 30bn in loans, bonds, and contract liabilities. The first impacts are always going to be public services. Police, Fire, Schools, Transportation, etc...

The new state budget that was released has decreased their revenues by 10bn and I wouldn't be surprised if that number drops again. They are requesting federal aid to cover the shortfall.

BLM is a convenient excuse for the consequences of shutting down an economy. I am sure LA and other cities are facing the same exact predicament. Look at each city who wants to defund police and their total tax revenue to date. Bet the numbers look pretty similar.

2Driver

Reaction score
Holy shit, is that really their budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the city cop budget alone is 11 Bilion the city as a whole is 88 as I read it. Im all for government budget cuts but not when they just spend it somewhere else.

What we need is judges and Mayors with some balls

here a one person shooting in PhX the other day....lol 25 cop cars and counting.

CC7D9C29-4831-4E10-822F-22933A3170F0.jpeg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
@DrunkenSailor Semantics. Call it what you want.

@2Driver Curious. How many police officers does it take in you opinion to handle "one person shooting" call?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The Blue Flu is running rampant in Democrat-led cities.

Surprisingly, masks don’t seem effective at stopping the spread [emoji1787]

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Hmmmm, seems it’s happening: https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/07/22/existing-home-sales-2/

It’s like people have brains again, though not sure who would BUY in one of these current or future hell holes.
What you meant to say is "ALL THE RACISTS ARE SELLING THEIR HOMES AND MOVING OUT OF THE CITY". It's going to be another episode of White Flight... this time it will include all walks of life (not just conservative whites) who don't want to live around the savages running the streets.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Holy shit, is that really their budget?

I think it's around 6 billion.

But just for perspective SpaceX i believe runs about 2 billion. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

4Waters

Reaction score
Some people actually believe those who assault law enforcement officers and are prosecuted, should then be pardoned by Trump if he becomes President.

Isn’t that crazy?
What you believe doesn't surprise me one bit, you are crazy

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
A city of 8.4 million bows to ridiculous pressure from a couple thousand...

O.K., You made your Bed, NOW SLEEP IN THE SHIT!! Don't come Crying to Us Taxpayers to AGAIN, Bail You Out!!

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Some people actually believe those who assault law enforcement officers and are prosecuted, should then be pardoned by Trump if he becomes President.

Isn’t that crazy?

Some people run like bitches when they have to address a question that doesn’t follow their propaganda script. 😆