WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Newbie questions, desert storm

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals), hope this is the right place to post this, if not please erase.

I pulled the trigger and booked a room for desert storm, having never been to havasu I decided on havasu springs. My thought was the water would be a lil nicer and one day we can unload at the river and check it out also. We're arriving Thursday (23rd) around 1pm and leaving Monday (27th), don't feel like fighting the traffic Sunday night . My questions are;
1. We want to check out the whole street show deal on Thursday, should we drive up in the truck for all that or take the boat? If we take the boat is there a place to tie up? I can imagine the place is gonna be packed but never being there before I thought I'd ask.
2. We have a DCB Mach 22 (outboard) is this too small for havasu?
3. Any places we "must see" or "have to go"? I wanna get the most outta our trip so any advice is great.
A lil insight, my girl and I are in our early 40's so we still like to party but we're not the fall down drunks, so,we do still enjoy the nightlife.

Thanks in advance, Mitchell.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I'll take a shot, for question 1, I would drive otherwise you will be navigating potential in the dark. Plus you would have to walk or taxi a mile or two from water to street fair. Slip for boat would be big gamble as most are probably reserved already.

I see you joined RDP recently, welcome! [emoji4]

FreeBird236

Reaction score
First of all welcome to RDP.:thumbup: I would think you would want to drive to the street fair, probably to hard to find a slip that late. When you're at the street fair on No. Mcculloch you'll be able to check out to night life and the island were a lot of the stuff is happening. Hard to say about the boat, you should be able to get to a cove or the channel without to much problem.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Question 2, DS is undoubtedly the roughest water I've experienced at Havasu. There will be many boats your size on the lake, you really have to pay attention and read the water.

88vector

Reaction score
You have to beach in the channel one day and order a chicken Alfredo pizza from papa leones. They deliver right to your boat and it's the best pizza I have ever had!

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Question 3, Topock Gorge up river from lake is spectacular. Shear rock cliffs, wild donkeys, desert bighorn can be seen if you watch close.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
If my boat can handle it his should be fine. Although mine is a Schiada. Lol

I have a small cat and it wasn't much fun the two times I entered it, lol.
A Schiada would definitely be better. [emoji6]
Also did DS twice in a 37' OL and it was kinda rough bc you can't get in rhythm with washing machine conditions.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I have a small cat and it wasn't much fun the two times I entered it, lol.
A Schiada would definitely be better. [emoji6]
Also did DS twice in a 37' OL and it was kinda rough bc you can't get in rhythm with washing machine conditions.

I think your idea of rough and my idea of rough might be different. [emoji16]

copterzach

Reaction score
Welcome. There are few rules that you will need to follow. Pic of boat, and girl.

And you need to PM 460 for your free RDP swag. 460 is the go to guy.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Welcome. There are few rules that you will need to follow. Pic of boat, and girl.

He is also a great mentor. [emoji106]

88vector

Reaction score

And he is more than willing to answer all of your questions wether they are boating related or not. Really friendly guy!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
At Havasu Springs there is the Outer Harbor bar, decent cocktails. Inner Harbor at HS is decent, full dinner menu and good omelettes and Bloody Mary's for breakfast. Good advice from JB for viewing the Poker Run about 2 miles or so up lake. Big guys should be 'scootin' in that area. Check the Lake Racer website for Poker Run starting times, usually about 10:30 or so on Friday. Street fair on McCulloch is about 30 mins from HS and a must see Thurs afternoon and evening. Enjoy !

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it. Here's a pic of the boat, I'll see if I can find any "safe" pics of the girl. Haha!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 25

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it. Here's a pic of the boat, I'll see if I can find any "safe" pics of the girl. Haha!

Is that a 15" mid on your engine? What speed you hitting?

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
I just picked it up from a guy in Cali, it belonged to a member here, he said low to mid 80's on the gps. This is my first outboard so I have a learning curve, I'm sure it's nothing like like my others (blown V8's).
I'm going up to my local lake this this week for my maiden voyage in her.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I just picked it up from a guy in Cali, it belonged to a member here, he said low to mid 80's on the gps. This is my first outboard so I have a learning curve, I'm sure it's nothing like like my others (blown V8's).
I'm going up to my local lake this this week for my maiden voyage in her.

Good looking Mach 22!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

I can visualize a drooling DaytonaBabe already:)
Nice boat:thumbsup