WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Newbie with '64 Biesemeyer v-drive in Austin, TX needs info.

68XL428

Reaction score
Hello guys and maybe gals. I just purchased what I believe to be a '64 Biesemeyer bubble back. It is equipped with a Nicson equipped '64 Pontiac 421 H.O. and a 'top-loader' v-drive of unknown manufacture, although the handle says HallCraft. My new camera is only taking 5Mb pictures, so until I can sort this out, I'll only post 1 pic so I don't hog space. I'm new at forums, so please excuse my ignorance for the time being. Yes, the floor has some delamination, but nothing too serious. IMHO, its a proper piece of vintage glass that has an AZ '97 sticker, but was obtained in a drug seizure here in Texas. Maybe someone is familiar with this and knows some history. Does anyone know what the original seats looked like? I'm not certain I want to keep it, as a couple other projects have circled back on the schedule first, and I hate to see it go to waste. Was this an old racing boat? I don't see any ID anywhere, nor are there any lights. It must have been scary in its day with 485 pounds of torque and 370 HP!!! I love the pics of yo 64 Biesemeyer.jpg ur boats and the vibe of this site. I hope I'm in the right spot. Thanks in advance. dan at digiclaim dot commerce or five1duece, six three duece, seventy seven twenty4our.

Last edited:

68XL428

Reaction score
OK, here's another shot of the engine. Now who is the guy who has seven Pontiac Hemi heads? Maybe a blower and a set of Mickey Thompson designed heads would make this even more special? Maybe one of you can point me in the right direction to someone with the Nicson Poncho.jpg right rear Bessy.jpg heads, and for that matter, someone who has re-cored the floors? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
What you have is a Caribbean model. The v-box looks to be a Halibrand top loader. Most of these models had a crown cap between the engine bay and cock pit. Cool thing is you have working plates. You can get a hold of Bergeron in Phoenix,Az. he knows a lot about Beismeyer Boats. I cant tell if yours is a 17' or 18'. Greg (k) 1 has some pix of his and I have a splash by Pleasure Kraft also on this site. Pontiacs seem to have been the choice during the mid 60's. I have seen a few posted online around the Phoenix area. You will have to find a "glass shop" to do the floors or try it yourself. I did my bottom and inside which wasnt in to bad of shape. Nice boat. Try to keep it period correct, they draw a lot of attention. Good luck. Jim
IMG_5013.jpg
001.jpg
IMG_5014.jpg

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
68XL welcome to the boards, I don't know enough about V-drives to fill a thimble, but I do know that Beezers are special, and I agree with LRB...that boat deserves to be resto'ed to preserve the vibe it has. The 421 power is cool, and such a nice change from the usual BBC/BBF stuff we see in boats all the time.

Please, if you decide to take it on use this as a build thread and let us follow along as you bring it back to life.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
68XL welcome to the boards, I don't know enough about V-drives to fill a thimble, but I do know that Beezers are special, and I agree with LRB...that boat deserves to be resto'ed to preserve the vibe it has. The 421 power is cool, and such a nice change from the usual BBC/BBF stuff we see in boats all the time.

Please, if you decide to take it on use this as a build thread and let us follow along as you bring it back to life.

Jeff, just to clarify, a Beezer and a Biesemeyer are different manufacturers. Beezer's were made after the one in this post. This Biesemeyer was laid up in the Rusty Biesemeyer era, he probably had his hands on this one.

To the original poster, please, please PLEASE do NOT attempt to make this into a circle track race boat by trying to throw a shitload of blown injected power into her. She is/was a lake boat, ski boat, cruise boat.

The boat IS a bitchin' old school flatbottom with rare Pontiac tri-power. Please restore, re-core, re-build, re-gel, re-upholster, re-everyting with the thought in mind to bring her back to her old school glory.

Post pix as you go. Very cool boat!

CC

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
What you have is a Caribbean model. The v-box looks to be a Halibrand top loader. Most of these models had a crown cap between the engine bay and cock pit. Cool thing is you have working plates. You can get a hold of Bergeron in Phoenix,Az. he knows a lot about Beismeyer Boats. I cant tell if yours is a 17' or 18'. Greg (k) 1 has some pix of his and I have a splash by Pleasure Kraft also on this site. Pontiacs seem to have been the choice during the mid 60's. I have seen a few posted online around the Phoenix area. You will have to find a "glass shop" to do the floors or try it yourself. I did my bottom and inside which wasnt in to bad of shape. Nice boat. Try to keep it period correct, they draw a lot of attention. Good luck. Jim
View attachment 286133
View attachment 286135
View attachment 286134
Hey......this boat looks familiar :D

68XL428

Reaction score
Hey......this boat looks familiar :D

Well, thanks for straightening things out and sorry for my delayed response. I had some HDD issues I'm too embarrassed to talk about. How do I go about finding the guy you speak of? I'm curious if this had its cross brace removed, or Rusty made open style Caribbeans. The more I look out the window at it, the more I realize the engine should stay here and NOT go back into a full-size, now very valuable Pontiac Bonneville or Grand Prick. As you know, the engine in rebuilt ($2.5k) form is now a $8k engine, maybe even $10k, and that certainly threatens the boats value. Anybody want to tackle this job? I'm on the fence, much as it is alluring. I could do the work myself, but am knee deep in a tech start up. Yikes! I can see a large $$$ going to House of Kolor for some big ol' Texas size metal-flakes! If ther'e any angel investors out there, I'd spiff you the boat for some underwriting!

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Well, thanks for straightening things out and sorry for my delayed response. I had some HDD issues I'm too embarrassed to talk about. How do I go about finding the guy you speak of? I'm curious if this had its cross brace removed, or Rusty made open style Caribbeans. The more I look out the window at it, the more I realize the engine should stay here and NOT go back into a full-size, now very valuable Pontiac Bonneville or Grand Prick. As you know, the engine in rebuilt ($2.5k) form is now a $8k engine, maybe even $10k, and that certainly threatens the boats value. Anybody want to tackle this job? I'm on the fence, much as it is alluring. I could do the work myself, but am knee deep in a tech start up. Yikes! I can see a large $$$ going to House of Kolor for some big ol' Texas size metal-flakes! If ther'e any angel investors out there, I'd spiff you the boat for some underwriting!

The cross brace is usually called a center deck or sometimes mid deck and I'm sure that your boat never had one. Seats, probably a solid bench seat all the way across will help with the boat's rigidity (and take the place of the center deck that acts like a bulkhead to support the gunnels).

Tough decision on keeping the engine or pulling it out for a car (Prior '66 Bonneville, 389 single quad owner speaking) but you should follow your heart on staying or going. Your boat would be a good candidate for a SBC if you do pull it for auto conversion. The marine parts (exhaust logs, front cover, engine plates) should bring some nice cash on e-bay.

Good luck!

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello guys and maybe gals. I just purchased what I believe to be a '64 Biesemeyer bubble back. It is equipped with a Nicson equipped '64 Pontiac 421 H.O. and a 'top-loader' v-drive of unknown manufacture, although the handle says HallCraft. My new camera is only taking 5Mb pictures, so until I can sort this out, I'll only post 1 pic so I don't hog space. I'm new at forums, so please excuse my ignorance for the time being. Yes, the floor has some delamination, but nothing too serious. IMHO, its a proper piece of vintage glass that has an AZ '97 sticker, but was obtained in a drug seizure here in Texas. Maybe someone is familiar with this and knows some history. Does anyone know what the original seats looked like? I'm not certain I want to keep it, as a couple other projects have circled back on the schedule first, and I hate to see it go to waste. Was this an old racing boat? I don't see any ID anywhere, nor are there any lights. It must have been scary in its day with 485 pounds of torque and 370 HP!!! I love the pics of yo View attachment 283906 ur boats and the vibe of this site. I hope I'm in the right spot. Thanks in advance. dan at digiclaim dot commerce or five1duece, six three duece, seventy seven twenty4our.

What are the numbers on the block ?
If thats a real 421 Super duty you need to contact the Pontiac historical society to find its true value. That motor could be worth more than you know. (64 GTO rag top 389 Tri Power) Keepin up with Carl :D

stickman07

Reaction score
Contact Performance Marine here in Texas ( N. Lake Whitney )
Garry Snow
254-889-3336 shop

That's a keeper & welcome.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
OK, here's another shot of the engine. Now who is the guy who has seven Pontiac Hemi heads? Maybe a blower and a set of Mickey Thompson designed heads would make this even more special? Maybe one of you can point me in the right direction to someone with the View attachment 283907 View attachment 283908 heads, and for that matter, someone who has re-cored the floors? Thanks in advance.

Block numbers ? :thumbsup