WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Newest member to Cheetah Boats

Cheetah Kev

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm Kevin, long time lurker first time poster. I've been addicted to boating for over 20 years now and currently on my 3rd Cheetah boat. I'm a San Diego native and now a full time Havasu resident. Places you may find me on the water ~Lake Martinez/Parker/Havasu~

I am now one of the new owners of Cheetah boats along side my good friend Cheetah Greg. A lot of you may know Greg for his long tenure with the company. He worked as Cheetah Bob's shop manager and then eventual business partner for over 15 years.

I want to give a shout out to Cheetah Bob for his historic run and undevoted loyalty to Cheetah boats. He's been building boats since 1963 under the Cheetah name, and produced thousands of happy customers over those years. I wanted to officially announce his retirement as of Jan. 2019 from the boating industry. His legacy will continue, and we will do our best to ensure that.

Currently we have been focused on remodeling, and re-branding the Cheetah product. Our goal will be customer service and quality of our products. We want to continue offering our customers the most affordable pricing on the market, but with a splash of modern technology and upgradability. Our first Wildcat in over a year is now out of the mold, and the second already started behind.

I want to thank all the loyal customers and fans that have helped shape this company into what it is today. Without all of you we wouldn't be able to continue Bob's dream.

Our shop is still currently under renovation, but please feel free to stop by and check out our new inventory, and meet the new owners. More news to come in the following months, we will start posting our new builds on the forums very soon.

www.Cheetahpowerboats.com

Happy boating everyone!

Kevin and Greg from Cheetah

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Love Cheetah boats. Can you still lay one of these up?
cheetah.jpeg

outboardrick

Reaction score
Welcome Cheetah Kev, I've always thought Cheetahs were very nice bang-for-the-buck boats and would love to have a deck or Stiletto.

Brobee

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I’ve always heard good things about cheetah from those that have them and had them in the past. Good luck on the business and I’m sure you’ll do well taking Cheetah to the next level while staying true to Bobs vision. Hope to see you on the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81Sprint

Reaction score
Cheetah.jpg
Really loved my cheetah, did awesome out on lake mead, had it for 4 years never had an issue. Bought it on consignment from Bob, he was a real nice guy and seemed very genuine. Nice to see the company moving in a good direction.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I had a Stiletto built in 04’ it’s still roaming the water and still a great boat.
If i made one comment with no disrespect etc meant at all, go dump the bins of drywall screws and go start a new account with Praxair or Allens Fasteners and go to all stainless throughout.
BF285A2D-CBDB-4A8D-BE38-8192CD78C68A.jpeg

TCHB

Reaction score
Nice to see someone take on the boat line that has been around longer than most people on this site. Good luck! I will stop by and take some pics for this group!!!!!!!! See you soon

TCHB

Reaction score
B1981A47-BFBB-4EC5-B4CF-385DF251C6E1.jpeg
A friend had this small Cheetah with a 427 Chev with B jet on the back. It was a little rocket.

Ran it years on the Parker Strip.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
View attachment 754097 Really loved my cheetah, did awesome out on lake mead, had it for 4 years never had an issue. Bought it on consignment from Bob, he was a real nice guy and seemed very genuine. Nice to see the company moving in a good direction.
Dry it off before backing it in, shrunk the garage

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Welcome to RDP. Good luck on your future endeavors. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have in stored with the brand.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus. Good luck

[emoji41][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cheetah Kev

Reaction score
I had a Stiletto built in 04’ it’s still roaming the water and still a great boat.
If i made one comment with no disrespect etc meant at all, go dump the bins of drywall screws and go start a new account with Praxair or Allens Fasteners and go to all stainless throughout.
View attachment 754170
None taken. I know there is a lot of bad mojo flying around the past 10 years plus about the drywall screws in Cheetah boats. I can't change the past rumors with a few simple words, all I can do is focus on building a better quality boat and restoring the Cheetah name. We have an account with Praxair and everything is we buy/install in our new boats is through bolted and stainless steel. Nice looking Stiletto

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
None taken. I know there is a lot of bad mojo flying around the past 10 years plus about the drywall screws in Cheetah boats. I can't change the past rumors with a few simple words, all I can do is focus on building a better quality boat and restoring the Cheetah name. We have an account with Praxair and everything is we buy/install in our new boats is through bolted and stainless steel. Nice looking Stiletto
Nice to hear, the Cheetah is underrated for sure but there’s always room for improvement.

stormtrooper619

Reaction score
Welcome Kevin. I've always been a fan of Cheetah Boats. A couple of my friends have owned Cheetah's over the years and none of them experienced any problems. Good luck with everything and can't wait to see the upcoming builds.

TCHB

Reaction score
Kevin it was good to meet you and some of your team. Looks like you are keeping busy.

How far along is this boat?? Looks like Magic in the same work space.
91FE8BB1-6ABC-4CD6-9FA1-AD2114524EE6.jpeg
C12E1EF6-9382-4CFB-ADE2-6A9305FB1CD3.jpeg
39A7E7F2-0F01-4D52-B018-BCD1E29A73F9.jpeg

TCHB

Reaction score
D12D870A-D885-4D90-98CA-5CF51EB7934D.jpeg
What is the story of this happy guy and his boat??

Cheetah Kev

Reaction score
Kevin it was good to meet you and some of your team. Looks like you are keeping busy.

How far along is this boat?? Looks like Magic in the same work space. View attachment 763753 View attachment 763754 View attachment 763755
Thanks for stopping by today Tony, was great meeting you. The red Wildcat is about 1 month along now, just putting the finishing touches on the interior of the boat. Once that's completed in a couple more days we get to start the fun part. Rigging :D!!!! Yes Magic has their boat here getting some work done, along with my good buddy Gene "pictured below" the Owner of Wraith Powerboats. He's standing next to his new 28 ft Cat.

Fast Eddie Jr.

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm Kevin, long time lurker first time poster. I've been addicted to boating for over 20 years now and currently on my 3rd Cheetah boat. I'm a San Diego native and now a full time Havasu resident. Places you may find me on the water ~Lake Martinez/Parker/Havasu~

I am now one of the new owners of Cheetah boats along side my good friend Cheetah Greg. A lot of you may know Greg for his long tenure with the company. He worked as Cheetah Bob's shop manager and then eventual business partner for over 15 years.

I want to give a shout out to Cheetah Bob for his historic run and undevoted loyalty to Cheetah boats. He's been building boats since 1963 under the Cheetah name, and produced thousands of happy customers over those years. I wanted to officially announce his retirement as of Jan. 2019 from the boating industry. His legacy will continue, and we will do our best to ensure that.

Currently we have been focused on remodeling, and re-branding the Cheetah product. Our goal will be customer service and quality of our products. We want to continue offering our customers the most affordable pricing on the market, but with a splash of modern technology and upgradability. Our first Wildcat in over a year is now out of the mold, and the second already started behind.

I want to thank all the loyal customers and fans that have helped shape this company into what it is today. Without all of you we wouldn't be able to continue Bob's dream.

Our shop is still currently under renovation, but please feel free to stop by and check out our new inventory, and meet the new owners. More news to come in the following months, we will start posting our new builds on the forums very soon.

www.Cheetahpowerboats.com

Happy boating everyone!

Kevin and Greg from Cheetah
Hi Kevin, I'm sure I've seen you down there, I've been corresponding with Greg the last few visits. I am a serious boat enthusiast and just sold my Domn8ter 22 Deck Boat. I'm coming down to put a deposit on your 26 Wildcat, very soon, lining up my financing. I have owned a boat since I was 18 (40 years now), I can tell from the job of your glass work your lay ups are much better than in the older régime, (sorry Cheetah Bob), I used your front seat pattern for customizing my 20.8 mod-V Laveycraft with a 300X......Any who, I'm glad to see you and Greg making a better boat. Now lets see how your interiors match up, looking to put a 600SCI in that 26. I'll be down to introduce myself tomorrow. Ciao Eddie

TCHB

Reaction score
Hi Kevin, I'm sure I've seen you down there, I've been corresponding with Greg the last few visits. I am a serious boat enthusiast and just sold my Domn8ter 22 Deck Boat. I'm coming down to put a deposit on your 26 Wildcat, very soon, lining up my financing. I have owned a boat since I was 18 (40 years now), I can tell from the job of your glass work your lay ups are much better than in the older régime, (sorry Cheetah Bob), I used your front seat pattern for customizing my 20.8 mod-V Laveycraft with a 300X......Any who, I'm glad to see you and Greg making a better boat. Now lets see how your interiors match up, looking to put a 600SCI in that 26. I'll be down to introduce myself tomorrow. Ciao Eddie
Why not a Merc 450 on the back.

Cheetah Kev

Reaction score
Great talking with you today Eddie. Thanks for the positive feedback, see you soon.