WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Newscum: Why The Change of Heart?

Backlash

Reaction score
So, I watched about 10 seconds of his address....

Why the sudden change of heart? Previously, him and other politicians broadcast that we would be slowly returning to this "New Normal" bullshit the Dems are pushing for. It seemed to me that this return to normal was going to be drawn out for weeks, possibly through August. Why is he NOW saying the state will now continue to open in "Many days?"

What changed? Is there new data?

Or, is he starting to realize the error of his ways or is he being told by folks a lot smarter than him, that it's time to end this phony lockdown madness?

Me personally?? I think the pressure and push-back from the California people is what got his attention.

What do you think?

JFMFG

Reaction score
I’m gonna go with he is tired of people outside of his house and the lack of sleep is getting to his head he will do anything to make it go away. We both know he isn’t wise enough to have a change of heart without some persuasion

FishSniper

Reaction score
So, I watched about 10 seconds of his address....

Why the sudden change of heart? Previously, him and other politicians broadcast that we would be slowly returning to this "New Normal" bullshit the Dems are pushing for. It seemed to me that this return to normal was going to be drawn out for weeks, possibly through August. Why is he NOW saying the state will now continue to open in "Many days?"

What changed? Is there new data?

Or, is he starting to realize the error of his ways or is he being told by folks a lot smarter than him, that it's time to end this phony lockdown madness?

Me personally?? I think the pressure and push-back from the California people is what got his attention.

What do you think?
Newsom demeanor changed on the Monday after the city of HB filed the lawsuit and there were the protests when he closed the beaches. I think he started to realize people were done with his bs and after that he has started to back up on some things.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

Even an utter douche like Gavin may finally realize they will be removed from office, and possibly the human race if he’s not careful. Mobs can get unruly...

“ Common sense has never been a hallmark of the left, but it has rarely been less in evidence than today. Common sense dictates that we cannot let economic activity continue at current levels. The damage would impair our country and our children for a decade. Common sense also suggests that if every other country in the world is reopening, we should too. ”

KevinR

Reaction score
All about the Benjamins.

Budget shortfall estimates are out, they are huge, and he sees the state income going down the drain and knows that Trump, no matter how much he grovels, will not provide Fed bailouts to him.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe finally realizing that the feds will not be provide any bailouts.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
All about the Benjamins.

Budget shortfall estimates are out, they are huge, and he sees the state income going down the drain and knows that Trump, no matter how much he grovels, will not provide Fed bailouts to him.

Exactly.
Like most things it’s a combination of all the above.
The people can not be stalled until November, so the big Fed windfall isn’t likely.
He’ll mop up what’s left then hit Trump with a bailout on a smaller scale, but will have some leg to stand on by opening up sooner
But the money is the bottom line.
Sacrifice bunt, as it were.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Newscum giving taxpayer money away to illegal aliens is likely illegal. These recent steps of relaxing the rules directs the attention off that subject for him.

How in the fuck do you giveaway the middle class money, give it to illegals, then tell public workers a few days later their pay will be cut 10%.

You can’t make this shit up. The left has gone so far left that they’ve totally left their citizens.

Performance Grips

Reaction score
Yes. Its the political way of saying "we were wrong on this". Obviously no politician will ever say that, It would be career suicide.
I think it would be refreshing for a politician to admit that they were wrong. I would fully respect it. The problem with Gavin and Garcetti is they would have to admit a lot. They are almost always wrong.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I think it would be refreshing for a politician to admit that they were wrong. I would fully respect it. The problem with Gavin and Garcetti is they would have to admit a lot. They are almost always wrong.

Are they though?
From the citizens standpoint yes, they are “wrong” a lot. But that’s because citizens are under the misconception that these assholes are working for the good of the people LOL!
But from their vantage point, standing on top their agenda of personal wealth and political leverage, they are never wrong.
This is their job. This is what they are born into as one of the ruling family. The serfs are merely widgets to be managed and bled.
That’s it.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Used to be, Good Cardio chasing Talent around the Salad Bar after the Gym. Now,. Sadly, even if they do open up, we'll never get closer than 6 feet...

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I’ve watched several of the news conferences figuring I want to know what was said first hand and so I can make “educated” comments & rude remarks!. Yesterday he seemed smug or maybe resentful for what he had to say knowing the next questions would be “why now & what has suddenly changed”. 🤷‍♀️.
I just want to get my hair done ☺

4Waters

Reaction score
Because a group is supposedly about ready to release a recall petition. The group has been working on it for a couple months and have made the changes the secretary of the state wanted and is going to be released by the middle of June.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I am introducing an Assembly Concurrent Resolution that would end California’s State of Emergency and terminate Governor Newsom’s emergency powers.

The Resolution will be jointly authored by Assemblyman James Gallagher.

Section 8629 of the Emergency Services Act provides: “All of the powers granted the Governor by this chapter with respect to a state of emergency shall terminate…by concurrent resolution of the Legislature declaring it at an end.”

Over the last 76 days, our state government has collapsed into one-man rule. Governor Newsom issued 39 Executive Orders, unilaterally changing 200 California laws. A number of these orders exceeded his emergency powers - creating new voting laws for an election six months away, or overhauling Workers’ Compensation.
Worse, the Governor’s consolidation of power is becoming a habit. In a report released Sunday, the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst’s Office said it is “very troubled” by new authority the Governor is trying to claim in his revised budget.
The Emergency Services Act was designed to grant extraordinary powers to a Governor under conditions of extreme peril. It was not meant to give a single person the ability to remake all of California law indefinitely. An open-ended state of emergency, with boundless powers vested in a chief executive, is incompatible with democratic government.
The Legislature has a duty to rein in the Governor, reclaim its constitutional authority, and restore checks and balances in California.

97457205_2845653958893367_9065444461588250624_n.png

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
They would have to admit they are completely incompetent, and in fact dangerous to the well being of the residents due to their continued ineptitude.

Not likely they even have the self awareness of a brick.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Because a group is supposedly about ready to release a recall petition. The group has been working on it for a couple months and have made the changes the secretary of the state wanted and is going to be released by the middle of June.

Where do I sign up for this? I’m done with Furor Newsome!

4Waters

Reaction score
Where do I sign up for this? I’m done with Furor Newsome!
I'm waiting for the info, I found it on FB while searching for a current recall, I don't have FB so my wife joined the group. She is going to share it on RDP FB page "check out this recall Gavin Newsom FB page"

Resized_Screenshot_20200519-170116_Facebook.jpeg

Here is a link to the group

Here is their website.

Last edited:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the info, I found it on FB while searching for a current recall, I don't have FB so my wife joined the group. She is going to share it on RDP FB page "check out this recall Gavin Newsom FB page"

View attachment 878315
Here is a link to the group

Here is their website.

Your link said only $2,200 has been donated dated 5/8. Any updates?

From the link.

Crowd Source Fundraising has been SLOW. Investors and Major Donors, view this to be lack of public interest, so they are hesitant to commit resources. They don’t care about posts and comments. They view public interest in raw numbers. Dollars and cents.

To date our fund-raising efforts gross $2,200. All donations appreciated. But no where near enough to show “public interest.” Please, DONATE a little today because none of us can afford to fail!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
ALL businesses can legally OPEN.
California Governor Gavin Newsom’s Executive Order N-63-20 has expired as of May 6, 2020

Newsom’s extension on May 8, 2020 invalid, Null and Void because order was written after Executive Order N-63-20 expired on May 6, 2020!

According to
(a) The Governor may make, amend, or rescind orders and regulations during a state of emergency that temporarily suspend any state, county, city, or special district statute, ordinance, regulation, or rule imposing nonsafety related restrictions on the delivery of food products, pharmaceuticals, and other emergency necessities distributed through retail or institutional channels, including, but not limited to, hospitals, jails, restaurants, and schools. The Governor shall cause widespread publicity and notice to be given to all of these orders and regulations, or amendments and rescissions thereof.

(b) The orders and regulations shall be in writing and take effect immediately on issuance. The temporary suspension of any statute, ordinance, regulation, or rule shall remain in effect until the order or regulation is rescinded by the Governor, the Governor proclaims the termination of the state of emergency, or for a period of 60 days, whichever occurs first.

Therefore, the stay-at-home order has expired on May 6, 2020 and the state, counties, local agencies or unelected Health Department Officials don’t have the authority to lockdown California or place restrictions on people, businesses or county/local governments.

In addition, we are NO longer in a legal
State of Emergency under CA law:

2018 California Code, Government Code - GOV
TITLE 2 - GOVERNMENT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
DIVISION 1 - GENERAL
CHAPTER 7 - California Emergency Services Act
ARTICLE 3. Powers of the Governor, specifically, S 8558 provides for “Three conditions or degrees of emergency are established by this chapter:
(b) “State of emergency” means the duly proclaimed existence of conditions of disaster or of extreme peril to the safety of persons and property within the state caused by conditions such as air pollution, fire, flood, storm, epidemic, riot, drought, cyberterrorism, sudden and severe energy shortage, plant or animal infestation or disease, the Governor’s warning of an earthquake or volcanic prediction, or an
earthquake, or other conditions, other than conditions resulting from a labor controversy or conditions causing a “state of war emergency,” which, by reason of their magnitude, are or are likely to be beyond the control of the services, personnel, equipment, and facilities of any single county, city and county, or city and require the combined forces of a mutual aid region or regions to combat, or with respect to regulated energy utilities, a sudden and severe energy shortage requires extraordinary measures beyond the authority vested in the California Public Utilities Commission.”

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
ALL businesses can legally OPEN.
California Governor Gavin Newsom’s Executive Order N-63-20 has expired as of May 6, 2020

Newsom’s extension on May 8, 2020 invalid, Null and Void because order was written after Executive Order N-63-20 expired on May 6, 2020!

According to
(a) The Governor may make, amend, or rescind orders and regulations during a state of emergency that temporarily suspend any state, county, city, or special district statute, ordinance, regulation, or rule imposing nonsafety related restrictions on the delivery of food products, pharmaceuticals, and other emergency necessities distributed through retail or institutional channels, including, but not limited to, hospitals, jails, restaurants, and schools. The Governor shall cause widespread publicity and notice to be given to all of these orders and regulations, or amendments and rescissions thereof.

(b) The orders and regulations shall be in writing and take effect immediately on issuance. The temporary suspension of any statute, ordinance, regulation, or rule shall remain in effect until the order or regulation is rescinded by the Governor, the Governor proclaims the termination of the state of emergency, or for a period of 60 days, whichever occurs first.

Therefore, the stay-at-home order has expired on May 6, 2020 and the state, counties, local agencies or unelected Health Department Officials don’t have the authority to lockdown California or place restrictions on people, businesses or county/local governments.

In addition, we are NO longer in a legal
State of Emergency under CA law:

2018 California Code, Government Code - GOV
TITLE 2 - GOVERNMENT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
DIVISION 1 - GENERAL
CHAPTER 7 - California Emergency Services Act
ARTICLE 3. Powers of the Governor, specifically, S 8558 provides for “Three conditions or degrees of emergency are established by this chapter:
(b) “State of emergency” means the duly proclaimed existence of conditions of disaster or of extreme peril to the safety of persons and property within the state caused by conditions such as air pollution, fire, flood, storm, epidemic, riot, drought, cyberterrorism, sudden and severe energy shortage, plant or animal infestation or disease, the Governor’s warning of an earthquake or volcanic prediction, or an
earthquake, or other conditions, other than conditions resulting from a labor controversy or conditions causing a “state of war emergency,” which, by reason of their magnitude, are or are likely to be beyond the control of the services, personnel, equipment, and facilities of any single county, city and county, or city and require the combined forces of a mutual aid region or regions to combat, or with respect to regulated energy utilities, a sudden and severe energy shortage requires extraordinary measures beyond the authority vested in the California Public Utilities Commission.”

That happened in oregon yesterday too and a around 10pm last night the supreme court reinstated Kate Brown's state or emergency until it goes through legislature. Hell I didnt even know the Oregon Supreme Court was open at 10 o'clock at night!!

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
F... I'm 60.. had a GREAT RUN!!!! I'm TIRED OF THIS SHIT!!!!

I've actually been thinking........ HHHHMMM

contemplating applying for the United States Postal Service....

I heard they might have some opening...

just might be a good time to change careers