WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Next level rack storage

Tank

Reaction score
That’s a bit over the top. And I’m a huge fan of rack storage

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
ASRS has been around forever. I'm surprised it hasn't been done before with boats. The video says they can handle up to 40 boats. I shudder to think of the cost of boat storage when 40 boats has to provide a sufficient ROI.

ASRS examples:

Tank

Reaction score
Where’s LOF? Im
Telling you. Rack storage is gonna be a HUGE game changer in havasu. It is soooooo convenient.

floatn turd

Reaction score
I currently pay $110 for storage.

Sign me up if it's around $120 a month! 😆

FT

PlanB

Reaction score
I currently pay $110 for storage.

Sign me up if it's around $120 a month! 😆

FT

I pay almost $400.00 a month for my slip. I would give it up if I had access to a system like this.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Where’s LOF? Im
Telling you. Rack storage is gonna be a HUGE game changer in havasu. It is soooooo convenient.

I’m here!

Listen, myself and several others bought a UTV that doesn’t even exist yet and even we are all sitting around and laughing at the idea that a 300 boat rack storage facility will exist in Havasu :)

Seriously since this pipe dream was put out there into the ether, land has done nothing but skyrocket in price. By the time they build it out, it’s going to be $1k per month minimum, per boat.

As I said, a 300 boat facility, never gonna happen. A 50 boat facility I could see, but I don’t see it happening until the latter part of this decade at the earliest. No one has an appetite for $1k per month boat storage costs except for the truly wealthy. Anyone with a house here has a garage with a boat in it already.

It’s way easier to just build a full service storage facility down the street in the vast expanse of open land. Simple business decision.

Last edited:

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Here is what you are not seeing......... The 30 boats tied up to a dock meant for no more than eight boats, waiting to be lifted out or put in the water.

Funny thing about Boaters..... they all like to go boating at the same time.

Next time these guys in the video go boating, they will be asking questions like.... Where did this red rope come from? I am sure I had 4 blue fenders, now I got 3 blue and one white. Has anyone seen my 30’ 3/4 in rope?

That’s what happens when you dock your boat at a high and dry and leave it at the dock, to be put away later. I am sure the place in the video is no different. During times of heavy traffic these places turn into cluster fucks. I know from experience!

spectras only

Reaction score
I wonder if this old automated underground parkade still generate enough ROI with upkeep for maintenance alone.
This parkade was built over ten years ago in my birthplace Budapest. It holds about 400 cars and vehicles park there daily is pretty busy, knowing how effed up the parking situation is in Budapest. Don't know how a boat storage like the one in the OP really make sense. Unless, you're a multi millionaire, but then, you'd want your boat in a slip, ready to roll. 🤔 Real estate must be pretty high in Florida near popular boating areas, and building a storage for more than 40 boats would cost an astronomical sum.?

DLC

Reaction score
Wait there are UTVs that people are buying right now and they don’t exist yet.....

what a great idea!

come on down NOW and reserve your spot for rack storage

I’ve got the hot line on rack storage in havasu, hurry hurry hurry hurry place your deposit on the highly desirable boat storage, get the best locations on the rack - hurry hurry hurry, for a Small donation / down payment we can reserve your spot on the highly desirable rack storage ....

lol

rrrr

Reaction score
I wonder if this old automated underground parkade still generate enough ROI with upkeep for maintenance alone.
This parkade was built over ten years ago in my birthplace Budapest. It holds about 400 cars and vehicles park there daily is pretty busy, knowing how effed up the parking situation is in Budapest. Don't know how a boat storage like the one in the OP really make sense. Unless, you're a multi millionaire, but then, you'd want your boat in a slip, ready to roll. 🤔 Real estate must be pretty high in Florida near popular boating areas, and building a storage for more than 40 boats would cost an astronomical sum.?

I didn't know this type of parking structure existed until I went to Japan when I was crewing in IndyCar. Honda sponsored a race at a track north of Tokyo that they owned.

The structures make sense in Japan, where real estate is obviously at a premium since it's an island nation. All of the construction in the cities has a vertical component. Some of the car parks are more than ten stories tall but only deep enough for the lift mechanisms and a single row of cars by ten wide. Single family homes are built on narrow streets, with minimal frontage but several stories high.

Same thing for small businesses and retail stores. I went into a department store in Tokyo looking for gifts. The footprint was no more than 30' wide by 40' deep, but the building was seven stories tall.

Cars are micro sized. A vehicle the size of a Kia Soul stands out because it's so large compared to most cars. Most of them are no larger than a Toyota Yaris or Smart Car.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
ASRS has been around forever. I'm surprised it hasn't been done before with boats. The video says they can handle up to 40 boats. I shudder to think of the cost of boat storage when 40 boats has to provide a sufficient ROI.

ASRS examples:
I believe 40 boats is an error . They meant to say up to 40 ft boats . Probably fits hundreds in that building. I’m sure there roi is well calculated .