WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NFL boycott ?

arch stanton

Reaction score
My uncle Al has started a boycott companion against the NFL if they do not show respect to our flag and country and he is looking for support,i don't do Facebook so feel free to share this with fellow patriots. While I have known Al for 45+ years it was not until about 15 years ago that he shared some of his life story of being an A6 pilot in Vietnam flying off a carrier,coming back to the states and becoming an A4 squadron commander at El Toro Maine base, while stationed there met and married my mothers youngest sister.
Al is the finest man I know please consider helping him with this endeavor.

PLEASE READ TO THE END AS I AM ASKING YOU TO TAKE SOME ACTION!

As a dedicated NFL fan, I am dismayed by the most recent group of Cleveland Browns football players disrespect during an off-season game, and it appears that the NFL leadership is going to continue to ?ignore? the actions of their employees in this issue. They ?Reportedly say- it is a Freedom of Speech issue?. Having spent 28 years of my life as a U S Marine defending this right and others included in our Constitution- I fully agree that their disrespect is certainly ?protected? (by mine and others actions who served, or gave their lives in military service while earning a considerable smaller salary than these players enjoy.) What I personally object to, is their ?choice of way? to express their views or dissatisfaction.

While the prices charged for seats in an NFL stadium is next to ?highway robbery?- (and I would NOT expect those having already paid for season tickets to participate in a boycott), a HUGE percentage of the income of the NFL comes from the Television rights of their games and the immense prices advertisers pay to have an ad broadcast during a televised game.

So how do we get the NFL players and Leadership?s attention on this issue? Hit them where it HURTS! In the pocketbook! How to do this? By PLEDGING to STOP WATCHING ANY TV GAME THAT DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:

National Anthem MUST BE PLAYED in stadium and BROADCAST LIVE at beginning of program.
TV Cameras MUST SHOW BOTH BENCHES during Anthem and any players not respectfully standing.
If above is NOT FOLLOWED, OR if ANY PLAYER (a single one) fails to respectfully stand- we members supporting this action hereby PLEDGE THAT WE WILL IMMEDIATELY TURN OFF THIS TV GAME! Further, as an indication of each of our personal commitment to this PLEDGE, we are hereby contributing the sum of Five Dollars (US $5.00- or more if desired) to the ?Upset with NFL players disrespect of the National Anthem?? GoFundMe campaign. Further, this contribution is made with the full understanding that every single dollar (less GoFundMe charge) raised by this campaign will pass directly to one or more approved 501.c.(3) Foundations organized for the sole purpose of assisting military members or their families.

It is the organizer?s belief that as this campaign grows in numbers and the NFL leadership and players see the level of support and magnitude of their problem through the lower viewership of games and loss of advertisement dollars, that they will ?jointly? agree that their selection of method of demonstration of free speech is not supported by the majority of US citizens, and such is clearly not in their own long-term interest. They will therefore again pay proper respect to our flag and National Anthem and take their ?demonstrations? elsewhere.

To be effective we need some 100,000 members to not only sign up, but to TURN THE TV OFF when the NFL FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THE GUIDELINES. I know there are many persons giving aid and funds to support the very unfortunate happening from Hurricane Harvey. I am one of those giving there, but NATIONAL PRIDE IN OUR ANTHEM rises above all other issues and surely you can afford $5 to register your support and to FOLLOW THROUGH IN YOUR PLEDGE to TURN OFF THE TV! Please join with me and let?s get this rolling NOW! Click here- https://www.gofundme.com/upset-with-nfl-anthem-process

Sponsor: Brig. Gen. Al Brewster USMC (Ret) age 87

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO YOUR EMAIL AND FACEBOOK CONTACTS ALSO IN ORDER TO GET WIDE DISTRIBUTION!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
As a lifelong Browns fan I must say I am deeply disappointed by their actions.
Especially in a year where they might actually be a (somewhat) competitive team.

This bothers me a lot, and I can not cheer for them as long as they continue in this manner.
The NFL and my team in particular have left me feeling like I am ready to boycott watching.

hallett3

Reaction score
I totally agree with your post. I used love to watch football, but I stopped watching football ever since these players of the NFL has disrespected our flag and the national anthem. Makes me sick. Not only I have a problem with some of these players, the NFL is allowing it to occur. If I was a owner of a team, you kneel, you don't play no matter how much talent you have.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The only thing that will effect the audience count are rule changes and additions. Same thing that's killing NASCAR.

a589d21849b9c0e614e900b787910157.gif

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
National Football League.. N is for National right? Isn't s variation of the flag in their company symbol?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I'm all for protesting the protestors as I feel they are disrespecting the Flag that symbolizes their rights and with it the memories of great heroes that fought for those rights, many of whom died doing so.:(

If they must bring politics into the game, find a way to do so which does not defile the true greatness of the nation. The nation itself is not at fault, it's the citizens that do wrong.

And it wouldn't hurt for the bulk of the protestors to start in the neighborhoods they grew up in that allow heinous crimes against humanity to exist. Quit bitching about LE that is just trying to stay alive while attempting to keep law and order. Protest the gangsters and hoodlums that are causing the issues. Hoodlums that watch and worship athletes and entertainers, whom they envy.

Opinionated clothes hounds like Lebron James, that spend more in one month on superficial luxury items than families from his home neighborhood make in a year, do not show examples that youth can learn from. Kids will steal to try and emulate these false heroes and blame LE for stopping their criminal actions......Makes no sense.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I stopped watching at the beginning of last season. Fuck the NFL

Direct wants $350 for the Ticket and extra $$ for the Red Zone.
I dropped it.
Their advertising revenue and taxpayer stadium support should be enough.

Old Texan

Reaction score
If you can get into watching college football you wont need the NFL

I fail to see the difference as far too many star athletes in college are there only because they can't enter the NFL yet. They demand pay and waste the educational opportunity they've been given to play college ball until they can move on. The schools and NCAA make tons of money and to a point exploit the players. But I can't feel sorry for them when they are getting a free ride as regular students must pay their way only because God didn't gift them with physical talents.

To me it's really sad when schools spend the millions they do on sports programs and coaches salaries when academic departments fall short. Society is missing the mark when a school is judged more on the record of their football program over the quality of it's educational programs. Sure many and perhaps most have great scholars and alumni, but so much could be done to reduce costs to kids that cannot afford to attend while athletes waste what is given to them just to play a game.....

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I enjoy watching football but have never been a truly dedicated, fanatical fan. I just stopped watching last year due to this. I am continuing to not watch this year.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Direct wants $350 for the Ticket and extra $$ for the Red Zone.
I dropped it.
Their advertising revenue and taxpayer stadium support should be enough.

What pisses me off more than anything, is the ridiculous amount of money an idiot like Roger Goodell is paid......Talk about a waste of money!

I pay for satellite TV and the games offered with basic, but will not spend a dime on anything beyond, If they try and charge me a fee to watch any "game", I'll find something else to do. And fck the souvenirs and crap. I don't need it and won't waste good money on it.

westair

Reaction score
I fail to see the difference as far too many star athletes in college are there only because they can't enter the NFL yet. They demand pay and waste the educational opportunity they've been given to play college ball until they can move on. The schools and NCAA make tons of money and to a point exploit the players. But I can't feel sorry for them when they are getting a free ride as regular students must pay their way only because God didn't gift them with physical talents.

To me it's really sad when schools spend the millions they do on sports programs and coaches salaries when academic departments fall short. Society is missing the mark when a school is judged more on the record of their football program over the quality of it's educational programs. Sure many and perhaps most have great scholars and alumni, but so much could be done to reduce costs to kids that cannot afford to attend while athletes waste what is given to them just to play a game.....

College football is not near the thug level as the NFL yet ...... but yeah these guys playing sports in college do get to much of a free ride! ...... the excitement level is high watching college sports though, these guys have a short time to prove themselves!

Dirtbag

Reaction score

Im not asking you to feel sorry for college or professional athletes but you have no idea the amount of hours we put in to do what we do. In college a typical athletes day goes like this. Monday - Thursday 8am - 1 pm Classes. 2pm -5pm practice 6pm - 9pm meetings or study hall. Then we travel and are on the road playing or getting ready for games. As you can see there is no time to work. We are working for our college tuition AND making a shit ton of money for the school. There is barely enough time in the day to eat a meal let alone study or have a personal life what so ever. Again no reason to feel sorry for us because we love what we do but we do a hell of a lot more than your average student.

Why do you think schools get such huge endowments. Partly from massive business owners that want to give back. but every alumni i know wants to see their football and top sports programs do well. Thats where the sense of pride in ones school comes from. It doesnt come from the liberal arts department.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
College football is not near the thug level as the NFL yet ...... but yeah these guys playing sports in college do get to much of a free ride! ...... the excitement level is high watching college sports though, these guys have a short time to prove themselves!

free ride my ass

RodnJen

Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of sports as it is but we are, as a family, football fans. I'll continue to watch the sport because I still like the game, even if I don't care for the institution of the NFL or the behavior of some/many of its players.

I'll keep my politics in a boating forum where they belong. ;)

Andy B.

Reaction score
I'm very disappointed in Carr and the other three Raiders that are kneeling! If Carr was a true leader he would tell these three ASSHOLES to stay in the locker room if they don't want to respect the flag and team unity!!! This sucks because we are starting to win now and I don't want to even watch them. We need more owners like Jerry Jones even though I can't stand him at least he has balls when it comes to respecting our country!!!

Singleton

Reaction score
Did you play football? .... where at?

I knew multiple guys that played basketball at the college level. It is not a free ride, the hours they put in are insane.
Yes some get free tuition and board (some get rooms, some don't). However they are booked 12-14 hours a day in season and 8-10 out of season with only 1 day a week off normally.
As a practice squad player, I worked the same hours and got nothing in return but free tickets to home games :)

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I'm very disappointed in Carr and the other three Raiders that are kneeling! If Carr was a true leader he would tell these three ASSHOLES to stay in the locker room if they don't want to respect the flag and team unity!!! This sucks because we are starting to win now and I don't want to even watch them. We need more owners like Jerry Jones even though I can't stand him at least he has balls when it comes to respecting our country!!!

i feel the same way man...huge raider fan but sick at the moment with them

Old Texan

Reaction score
Im not asking you to feel sorry for college or professional athletes but you have no idea the amount of hours we put in to do what we do. In college a typical athletes day goes like this. Monday - Thursday 8am - 1 pm Classes. 2pm -5pm practice 6pm - 9pm meetings or study hall. Then we travel and are on the road playing or getting ready for games. As you can see there is no time to work. We are working for our college tuition AND making a shit ton of money for the school. There is barely enough time in the day to eat a meal let alone study or have a personal life what so ever. Again no reason to feel sorry for us because we love what we do but we do a hell of a lot more than your average student.

Why do you think schools get such huge endowments. Partly from massive business owners that want to give back. but every alumni i know wants to see their football and top sports programs do well. Thats where the sense of pride in ones school comes from. It doesnt come from the liberal arts department.

I understand how it works. I played 1 year and saw it firsthand. You're missing the point I make about those who are there solely because they can't go pro immediately. Football should be no different than baseball. It isn't because the NFL will not fund a minor league development system like baseball does to give athletes a place to play and develop.

As far as making a shit ton of money for the school, that's not a lot different that an employee for a business. An education with room and board included isn't bad money for an entry level job.

And do you ever look at the student that is paying their own tuition and living expenses by working a job? Or the parent working multiple jobs to pay their kid's way? Do you really outwork these folks? And the jobs these folks do isn't often what they "love" to do. They do it to better themselves and get an education.

Another point, take away the liberal arts and the engineering and medical wings and other educational opportunities. Leave just the athletic departments and see what that leaves come time for alumni to pay back the school. Ever look at Ivy League schools whose athletics are at a far lower talent level and student athletes are more inclined to focus on their studies? Those endowments are not coming from ex NFL ballers, they're coming from those who used their degrees to make their money;)

No disrespect but I see a lot of flawed thinking in your post......Just my opinion.:)

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
As a lifelong Browns fan I must say I am deeply disappointed by their actions.
Especially in a year where they might actually be a (somewhat) competitive team.

This bothers me a lot, and I can not cheer for them as long as they continue in this manner.
The NFL and my team in particular have left me feeling like I am ready to boycott watching.

I've never been a football on TV kind of guy so a boycott of NFL football is largely not a point for me as I'm already not watching it. I may catch a game or two if the weather is bad.

I much prefer football, and baseball on the radio while I am doing other things.

As for these scumbag millionaire players.....screw them. It's time for them to take a massive pay cut. The only team that I will watch now is the Cowboys, as Jerry Jones has said, "you kneel, you're fired".

It's what all of the owners should be saying. It's not the league's position on this....it's the owners that tolerate this and it's the owners that can fix it.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I understand how it works. I played 1 year and saw it firsthand. You're missing the point I make about those who are there solely because they can't go pro immediately. Football should be no different than baseball. It isn't because the NFL will not fund a minor league development system like baseball does to give athletes a place to play and develop.

There are not enough players in football to allow for something like this and the inherited risk is far too high these days

As far as making a shit ton of money for the school, that's not a lot different that an employee for a business. An education with room and board included isn't bad money for an entry level job.

that is my point. WE ARE WORKING for our education. Not my mom and dad. I am. I am a representative of the school putting in countless hours giving up basically my entire day for the school. In return they are giving me an education. whether that education costs 50k or 250k is meaningless. I am working my ass off for it.

And do you ever look at the student that is paying their own tuition and living expenses by working a job? Or the parent working multiple jobs to pay their kid's way? Do you really outwork these folks? And the jobs these folks do isn't often what they "love" to do. They do it to better themselves and get an education.
Again I AM WORKING for the school. I dont get paid any money. I get no spending cash. I work 10-12 Hr days every day 9-months out of the year and in return i get an education. Do i outwork them? You are goddamn right i do. Do you have any idea what it takes to be at the top of the game? How much time is spent in the weight room, in the training room, and on the actual field? Youthink its easy training like that so I can perform on the weekend and my school can earn a shit ton of money off my hard work?

Another point, take away the liberal arts and the engineering and medical wings and other educational opportunities. Leave just the athletic departments and see what that leaves come time for alumni to pay back the school. Ever look at Ivy League schools whose athletics are at a far lower talent level and student athletes are more inclined to focus on their studies? Those endowments are not coming from ex NFL ballers, they're coming from those who used their degrees to make their money;)

again you miss my point about school pride. where does it come from? the liberal arts department? the engineering department? or from the students cheering on their teams at the games? I never saw a pep rally for the biology department. And yes I know most endowments are coming from the multibillionairres who hit it big. Ever seen schools like Duke, Stanford, Berkeley (hate to say it) whos student athletes do it on both ends? Is a Harvard Education better than a Stanford Education? Thats a good debate.

No disrespect but I see a lot of flawed thinking in your post......Just my opinion.:)

yur entitled to your opinion but i lived it and saw it all first hand. played with too many guys from too many schools and all our stories are the same.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
There are not enough players in football to allow for something like this and the inherited risk is far too high these days

that is my point. WE ARE WORKING for our education. Not my mom and dad. I am. I am a representative of the school putting in countless hours giving up basically my entire day for the school. In return they are giving me an education. whether that education costs 50k or 250k is meaningless. I am working my ass off for it.

Again I AM WORKING for the school. I dont get paid any money. I get no spending cash. I work 10-12 Hr days every day 9-months out of the year and in return i get an education. Do i outwork them? You are goddamn right i do. Do you have any idea what it takes to be at the top of the game? How much time is spent in the weight room, in the training room, and on the actual field? Youthink its easy training like that so I can perform on the weekend and my school can earn a shit ton of money off my hard work?

again you miss my point about school pride. where does it come from? the liberal arts department? the engineering department? or from the students cheering on their teams at the games? I never saw a pep rally for the biology department. And yes I know most endowments are coming from the multibillionairres who hit it big. Ever seen schools like Duke, Stanford, Berkeley (hate to say it) whos student athletes do it on both ends? Is a Harvard Education better than a Stanford Education? Thats a good debate.

yur entitled to your opinion but i lived it and saw it all first hand. played with too many guys from too many schools and all our stories are the same.

Sports is the path YOU chose, and the bet YOU made on your future. It does not make your work worth any more than the work anyone else puts in to go to college. You knew the deal when you signed up for the scholarship. If you got injured your first year you got replaced. Any one person is not critical to the success of the program. Yes you had a to have the work ethic and drive and dedicate your time, but again, that is what you chose and you knew what you were getting in return. At the end you had a free education and went off into the world, or went pro. That type of discipline certainly can prepare you for endeavors later in life, but there is also a certain stress level and work ethic created by NOT having a guaranteed education and having to make your success happen on your own.

sirbob

Reaction score
Boycott - Hell, I've haven't watched an NFL game since Art Model moved the Cleveland Browns out of town.

I literally have only seen 1 game and that was a Super Bowl game and that was only because I got invited to a party that happened to have an NFL game on TV.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Boycott - Hell, I've haven't watched an NFL game since Art Model moved the Cleveland Browns out of town.

I literally have only seen 1 game and that was a Super Bowl game and that was only because I got invited to a party that happened to have an NFL game on TV.

He didn't move them...he snuck out of town like the snake he is...and bussed the fuckers down to an even bigger shithole!
They should have cut his ass in '63 when he fired Paul Brown!

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Sports is the path YOU chose, and the bet YOU made on your future. It does not make your work worth any more than the work anyone else puts in to go to college. You knew the deal when you signed up for the scholarship. If you got injured your first year you got replaced. Any one person is not critical to the success of the program. Yes you had a to have the work ethic and drive and dedicate your time, but again, that is what you chose and you knew what you were getting in return. At the end you had a free education and went off into the world, or went pro. That type of discipline certainly can prepare you for endeavors later in life, but there is also a certain stress level and work ethic created by NOT having a guaranteed education and having to make your success happen on your own.

the point is my education was NOT FREE sir. I chose my life of course. I made the sacrifices. I didnt complain. I loved every second of it. But when people say we get shit for free and we are spoiled they can go suck the proverbial dick in my opinion. No1 has a clue how hard we work to do what we do. Its not just athletic ability.

Old Texan

Reaction score

Wow.....Thanks for the enlightenment. We'd have no universities if it weren't for college football it sounds.;)

Note: I'm being sarcastic so don't take it personal as it isn't intended to be.:skull

traquer

Reaction score
Gonna take a massive amount of flak for this on here, but I'm gonna play devils advocate..

It's the easiest thing in the world to sing an anthem or say a pledge of allegiance.. There's no risk in it and it's the expected behavior. It's symbolic, keeps the country united and promotes fair play among many other good things. I get it. But that's not all that patriotism is, it's just a tiny part of it. True patriotism is not easy, it's difficult. True patriotism means standing up for what's right, not what government policy and what our corporate owners say is right.

For example, am I NOT a patriot for boycotting Target because of their transgender policy?? Gays and transgenders are the new American thing. Just watch a TV show or cartoon.. With my views, I'm going against the America government (at that time), still going against the globalist agenda, and still going against corporate America who all agree that it's 100% the right thing to do morally and legally. Can I be patriotic overall but super unpatriotic on some things? Sure can. I love my country but it pains me to see that everything I love about this country is slipping away a little every day.

We did all that we could by electing Trump (the other side did the same by electing Obama), but in the end of the day that's not enough and we have to fight for the little things that are important for us, or else they'll be gone forever. Bottom line is, those that sing the anthem every game but do nothing else and don't sacrifice to help their country don't deserve to sing it. And those that don't sing it but are at least trying to actively help their country are still deserve some respect in my book.

I feel this whole NFL thing is dirtying the word patriotism though. It's more rebellion and primadonna behavior than anything else. Nails that stick out will always be hit back down, for better or worse.

My 2c

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Where do you draw the line?
Boycott the NFL.

Boycott all Hollywood production (TV and movies) due to liberal dooshes.

Boycott almost all music except some country music due to liberal dooshes.

Boycott any advertiser who supports any of the above, since they're financing it.

Move out of CA, same reasons.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
the point is my education was NOT FREE sir. I chose my life of course. I made the sacrifices. I didnt complain. I loved every second of it. But when people say we get shit for free and we are spoiled they can go suck the proverbial dick in my opinion. No1 has a clue how hard we work to do what we do. Its not just athletic ability.

I agree. It was monetarily free to you but you certainly worked for it. I don't think you were spoiled, but everyone has a different set of challenges.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Kaperdick boycotting the National Anthem because the big bad po leece kill people is the same as me boycotting RDP because McDonalds fucked up my fries last week.

The NFL needs to take a stand regarding their employee's supporting total bullshit like they are. The taking a knee during the anthem is total disrespect to our nation, not the police.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
first off
you should stand for any country's anthem being played or sung in respect period. Especially AMERICA

comes down to it
NFL is a business
you can not make people do things in corporate america
the'll call you out on discrimination or hostel work environment

plus a shitty washed up QB and a few meat heads kneeling on the side line with there overstuffed money belts
playing a game to do nothing more than entertain me for a few hours on a sunday doesn't bug me that much

politician's and the one sided media
that should be the focus
they are the real cause of the demise :grumble:

Scallywag

Reaction score
When you arent personally discriminated against, it is awful easy to say others shouldnt protest.

Id say most that argue against it just dont want to see it, whether it is out of their own lack of understanding or lack of caring. I think it is pretty easy to see that (especially) black men are treated differently by police

Old Texan

Reaction score
Colin K's original explanation on why he would not stand for the NA:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

The Cleveland Browns Seth DeValve's reasons:

?I just want to start by saying it saddens me that in 2017 we have to do something like that. I personally would like to say that I love this country. I love our national anthem. I?m very grateful for the men and women who have given their lives and give a lot every day to protect this country and to serve this country and I want to honor them as much as I can.

?The United States is the greatest country in the world, and it is because it provides opportunities to its citizens that no other country does.

?The issue is that it doesn?t provide equal opportunity to everybody. I wanted to support my African-American teammates today who wanted to take a knee. We wanted to draw attention to the fact that there?s things in the country that still need to change. I myself will be raising children that don?t look like me.

?I want to do my part, as well, to do everything I can to raise them in a better environment than we have right now. I wanted to take that opportunity with my teammates during the anthem to pray for our country and also to draw attention to the fact that we have work to do. That?s why I did what I did.

So as I read it, it alls goes back to the black community claims of LE being the problem in their neighborhoods. Curious how many of these athletes are going into those communities and talking to the members who carry guns illegally, sell drugs illegally, commit a variety of crimes including assault and murder, and hold their neighbors in fear of violence.

Their message of not standing during the NA is not slowing down the death tolls in Chicago nor stopping riots in places like Charlottesville. Maybe it's time to take a more active and hopefully more effective approach that doesn't alienate more citizens when the protest becomes an issue unto itself apart from their stated issue.....

Old Texan

Reaction score
When you arent personally discriminated against, it is awful easy to say others shouldnt protest.

Id say most that argue against it just dont want to see it, whether it is out of their own lack of understanding or lack of caring. I think it is pretty easy to see that (especially) black men are treated differently by police

Just my opinion, but it's pretty well evident that LE is working in very dangerous areas, many of which are black communities with heavy crime. They are being extra cautious as the percentage is higher that anyone they deal with "could" be armed and dangerous. LE is and justifiably has to be cautious in any situation they approach until it's established what is being dealt with. Their lives depend on their cautious actions.

We cannot judge every LEO by a few bad examples the media highlights. We have to consider the 1,000's of everyday incidents never reported, many of which end in arrests of hostile suspects.

I have been stopped for minor issues and approaching LE have asked me to keep my hands in sight along a fwy. I did and nothing more was said. It's simple and easy to follow instructions and not resist "orders"......Few of the vocal protestors mention the dangers LE face in their communities and those who commit the violent act making it dangerous for everyone, LE and citizens.

One other point. Why are these protesters including BLM not speaking out as loudly about the drive by killings and innocents hit by stray fire from civilian criminals, as those deaths far outnumber LE shootings?

Scallywag

Reaction score
I have been stopped for minor issues and approaching LE have asked me to keep my hands in sight along a fwy. I did and nothing more was said. It's simple and easy to follow instructions and not resist "orders"......Few of the vocal protestors mention the dangers LE face in their communities and those who commit the violent act making it dangerous for everyone, LE and citizens.

Well I dont really know how your experience with LE is really appropriate to the conversation, are you black? Im guessing you are not. The video of Michael Bennet handcuffed and face down on the ground shows him being polite and asking what was going on, he said they put a gun to his head and said shut up or I'll blow your fucking head off. Does that sound like your interactions with LE when you did nothing?

One other point. Why are these protesters including BLM not speaking out as loudly about the drive by killings and innocents hit by stray fire from civilian criminals, as those deaths far outnumber LE shootings?

There are many other things they could be talking about. However nobody pays gangbangers to keep the peace for everybody.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Ok, well check the need to experience it off my list. What's next. Black guy and police interaction. Yup, see that all the time. Still think a guy protesting the police, by disrespecting our national anthem is one of the stupidest things around. He's a idiot and needs to find another avenue to promote his bullshit.

AEA

Reaction score

Well I dont really know how your experience with LE is really appropriate to the conversation, are you black? Im guessing you are not. The video of Michael Bennet handcuffed and face down on the ground shows him being polite and asking what was going on, he said they put a gun to his head and said shut up or I'll blow your fucking head off. Does that sound like your interactions with LE when you did nothing?

There are many other things they could be talking about. However nobody pays gangbangers to keep the peace for everybody.

Your username, by definition, renders your posts worthless. :rolleyes

Scallywag

Reaction score
What bothers me the most is that it's such a big deal in sports media coverage.

Focus on the damned game, let non-sports outlets cover this shit.

Im not saying you are wrong, it is a political statement. However so is the cleveland police refusal to hold the flag, I dont see anybody talking about them disrespecting the flag or national anthem.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Interesting. You must have missed the part where most people in the club listened to orders, layed down on the ground, and didn't get handcuffed or had a gun from the police pointed at them. You also must have missed the part about after being ordered to lay down, Bennet and his group took off running. You also must have missed the part about him refusing to say who he was with, prior to the police showing up. But I'm sure the police just looked, saw a black guy, and decided... Hey, I want to handcuff and and put a gun to this guys head. Because you know... that's just what we do.

I've told just about every race I will shoot them in some manner if they make the wrong move in far too many situations to count. I'm sorry, but black people don't own that.

As far as that horrible verbal assault Bennet sustained... Sometimes in the field we have to use big boy words to get our point across. I'm sorry if that offendeds you. Maybe we should unbleep the mics on NFL players during the game:eek

As to my personal interactions with the police:skull Well the times i've been out of uniform they have gone pretty smooth. Here is why, my WHITE parents, right along with my MEXICAN AND BLACK friends parents all told us to follow the orders they give us if we get stopped. Got stopped or detained at parties a bunch growing up. I followed the instructions, never had an issue. I guess it's some kind of miracle I was never shot by the police.

So then why protest the national anthem? Do you think it was written for the police?

Scallywag

Reaction score
Michael Bennett said he thought he heard gunshots, and like the people around him ran. I have not seen nor heard anything to contradict that. I find it curious that the officer had a body cam that was off. That could have cleared a lot of this up for sure.