WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NFT?

BingerFang

Reaction score
Anyone own any yet? Bought my first one this week. Unfortunately, I believe it’s the future.

Budweiser is supposed to be launching one with a Super Bowl commercial.

These companies are using them like a glorified membership. For example if you hold the Budweiser NFT you can get into the Budweiser tent, motorboat the Budweiser chicks, ect….

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
These things make me want to blow my brains out..

Stupid low res image.. people are trading them for hundreds of thousands of dollars..

Upside is you buy one of these for 100k and “supposedly” you might be in a club woth other guys that can afford these things? Invited to private parties?

Financial clubs..

Problem is ya don’t know anything about the thing until ya buy it?

Might as well buy real estate in meta world as well.. #headdesk

BingerFang

Reaction score

Stupid low res image.. people are trading them for hundreds of thousands of dollars..

Upside is you buy one of these for 100k and “supposedly” you might be in a club woth other guys that can afford these things? Invited to private parties?

Financial clubs..

Yea I don’t understand the want/need for the stupid low quality images but the membership part is cool as shit from a business owner perspective.

This is all hypothetical- Let’s say you create an RDP NFT and only make 500 available at $3,000/piece. You can host events, throw parties, release exclusive RDP content to the holders of the RDP NFT only.

Here’s the best part, each time the RDP NFT is sold or traded, you (the originator of the RDP NFT) get a 10% residual of the sale price which is paid by the buyer, not the seller.

I know the crowd is a bit older on here, but this is going to be the future for their kids and/or grandkids growing up right now.

Do I want RDP to do this? Absolutely not. I think it is the future though.

The business model is just too good.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yea I don’t understand the want/need for the stupid low quality images but the membership part is cool as shit from a business owner perspective.

This is all hypothetical- Let’s say you create an RDP NFT and only make 500 available at $3,000/piece. You can host events, throw parties, release exclusive RDP content to the holders of the RDP NFT only.

Here’s the best part, each time the RDP NFT is sold or traded, you (the originator of the RDP NFT) get a 10% residual of the sale price which is paid by the buyer, not the seller.

I know the crowd is a bit older on here, but this is going to be the future for their kids and/or grandkids growing up right now.

How do ya know which one gets ya into what shit? Because I haven’t seen any descriptions on any of them.

El Rojo

Reaction score
A dollar is a piece of paper, gold is just a mineral, bitcoin is just a computer entry.

There are plenty of things we hold priceless that dont have any real value.
the US Dollar is a piece of paper backed up the US military, making it actually worth something...

BingerFang

Reaction score
How do ya know which one gets ya into what shit? Because I haven’t seen any descriptions on any of them.

Most of the bullshit ones don’t have a description.

Here’s a good example of a not bullshit one: https://www.flyfishclub.com/

Here it is listed for sale with a description:

white tortilla

Reaction score
The whole NFT market is a crazy bubble. But there’s money to be made. And @BingerFang pointing out club type memberships actually seems to be the only thing that makes sense to buy one. My business partner paid $2k for some stupid looking robot picture, sold it two weeks later for $27,000. He thinks it’s stupid but trying to find some value in flipping them.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The whole NFT market is a crazy bubble. But there’s money to be made. And @BingerFang pointing out club type memberships actually seems to be the only thing that makes sense to buy one. My business partner paid $2k for some stupid looking robot picture, sold it two weeks later for $27,000. He thinks it’s stupid but trying to find some value in flipping them.

Sounds like he did!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Shit makes zero sense to me.

You know what a patent is, right? It's a digital patent.

Is using block chain technology, to determine what digital content is the original one.

It's simple. Now the actual block chain workings, I don't quite understand either.

I don't know how a lazer works, but I sure as as hell know what it does.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Financial clubs..

Sounds a LOT like a pyramid scheme . . . . .

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
1642915660619.jpeg

I just don’t get it. This digital picture, which I just copied onto my phone, sold for almost $100MM. But the investors “own” it.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
When Bitcoin came out, it was obvious from a technical side that the system was ground breaking in regards to it's function as a digital currency, along with the security of the "proof of work" blockchain.

That being said, NFTs are just a way to rebrand an existing tech with lipstick and convince the herd this will be the next bitcoin. And my opinion is it won't, because there is nothing groundbreaking, or even useful about them.

El Rojo

Reaction score
When Bitcoin came out, it was obvious from a technical side that the system was ground breaking in regards to it's function as a digital currency, along with the security of the "proof of work" blockchain.

That being said, NFTs are just a way to rebrand an existing tech with lipstick and convince the herd this will be the next bitcoin. And my opinion is it won't, because there is nothing groundbreaking, or even useful about them.
blockchain technology is groundbreaking, agreed... but digital currency is at best is based on speculation , just like these NFT's

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

So let’s make some rdp nft’s…. 🤪🤪

farmo83

Reaction score
I do agree going forward block chain will change the way we transact. When it gets that way remains to be seen.

As far as NFT's I'm still researching them but from what I've seen so far it's digital art. For example Jack Dorsey sold the NFT for the first tweet on twitter for 2.9 million. So someone can basically go around and say they own the first tweet.

badgas

Reaction score
My brain is not there yet, I will not invest in something I do not fully understand.

To me NFT = Nothing Freaking There.

My shares of Apple I understand, My shares of my S&P 500 fund I understand, My real estate I understand.

I clearly don't grasp this stuff but there is one thing that i'm 100% confident in. If real estate, the dollar and US stock market all go to zero " a total collapse of the US economy " as the doom and gloomers call it. Your crypto and NFT's will also be useless. A box of 9mm or a bottle of whiskey will be worth 1,000,000 X these virtual beanie babies.

If you are gonna mess with this stuff just make sure it is fun money that you would blow in Vegas over a weekend not a notable percentage of your portfolio that you might need access to for food in the future.

Get rich slowly !

Last edited:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
So I own some ufc, marvel, and amc nfts now

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
In my opinion, The idea of NFT as art or value in and of itself is straight money laundering.
Now, The idea of NFT as a limited distribution in terms of memberships or as percentage of a real item (aka share of investment) makes perfect sense as the market determines value and the original creator receives a royalty every time it sells.

Dave joked above about creating an NFT but if he did sell one offering access to different events or multiple NFTs at different levels offering different levels of access I could easily see him selling and then profiting from the reselling of the NFT

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
I just noticed several in the Barrett Jackson lot's listings. You buy the NFT and you get a few images of some race or custom car. Nope.

WYRD

Reaction score
Dave had a NFT already called the 18+ section...it failed to deliver 🤣

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
NFT's are a Gen X and Young Boomer thing. Everyone I know under 40 has no idea what the fuck an NFT even is and thinks the metaverse is fucking lame AF. My 14 year old said the metaverse is retarded and for old people.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
i vaguely understand the concept of nft's and their purpose... im under the impression that at some point all digital content will be "owned" by someone and you'll be getting nickel and dimed left and right whenever you so much as open one to view... be it a movie, or a picture, news content... whereas right now anyone can copy/paste and there's real no leg to stand on other than if some patent/copyright lawyers get involved or you include adele's music in your youtube video and it gets dmca'ed and removed.

what i dont understand is why people are "trading" these stupid images as if they're worth more than gold? i could see like the mona lisa, a picture of a product, or someones property, etc... but dumb CGI rendered images? why? why would anyone in their right mind think anyone would want those?

BingerFang

Reaction score
My brain is not there yet, I will not invest in something I do not fully understand.

To me NFT = Nothing Freaking There.

My shares of Apple I understand, My shares of my S&P 500 fund I understand, My real estate I understand.

I clearly don't grasp this stuff but there is one thing that i'm 100% confident in. If real estate, the dollar and US stock market all go to zero " a total collapse of the US economy " as the doom and gloomers call it. Your crypto and NFT's will also be useless. A box of 9mm or a bottle of whiskey will be worth 1,000,000 X these virtual beanie babies.

If you are gonna mess with this stuff just make sure it is fun money that you would blow in Vegas over a weekend not a notable percentage of your portfolio that you might need access to for food in the future.

Get rich slowly !

Did you have baseball cards as a kid?

Think of an NFT as a digital baseball card.

BingerFang

Reaction score

WYRD

Reaction score
How do you geta return on it? Or is it a consumer only kind of dealio?