WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NHRA Racing from Indy on KTTV 11

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Anyone else think Matt Hagan wearing a mask looks like Bane from Batman..?

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
No Force = No Racing, to our household!!:(
Same here.
Kind of the same to me with any sports this year.
I don’t see how they can do any sports without fan interaction.
Well, I am watching golf so maybe some sports don’t need the interaction as much as others.

boatpi

Reaction score
I believe finals are at 6pm? Fs1.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Same here.
Kind of the same to me with any sports this year.
I don’t see how they can do any sports without fan interaction.
Well, I am watching golf so maybe some sports don’t need the interaction as much as others.
We called and cancelled our tickets to the Vegas race in October yesterday. Going to call and cancel the room at the Fremont soon also. Bummed us both out, we've had those seats for 4 years. Going to watch NHRA without the Force teams, would be like watching "Outlaw Josey Wales" without Clint!!

outboardrick

Reaction score
Anyone see Steve Torrence say he has a pic of Michael Jordan in his car because it inspires him? Was that his nod to BLdM? He can't have a pic of Audie Murphy, maybe Pat Tillman? I never really liked the guy but respected his performance. Fuck,fuck,fuck that POS!!!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Been to every Winter Nationals and Finals at Pamona for the last 40 years. Gonna be strange not to go this year. I think JF made the right call though for this season.

petie6464

Reaction score
Been a huge drag racing fan my whole life. Sadly I've watched it decline in interest as the drives are just that, almost completely monotone puppets, always the seemingly scripped interviews without personalities, or even worse the analytical ones that try to give you an education, at least with Force you get emotion, yelling, craziness and entertainment. I tried to watch this last race and with the mask mumblings and uneven competition I couldn't take any more. NHRA you're dead to me.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Been a huge drag racing fan my whole life. Sadly I've watched it decline in interest as the drives are just that, almost completely monotone puppets, always the seemingly scripped interviews without personalities, or even worse the analytical ones that try to give you an education, at least with Force you get emotion, yelling, craziness and entertainment. I tried to watch this last race and with the mask mumblings and uneven competition I couldn't take any more. NHRA you're dead to me.
Yep pretty much a boring season without John there. What a inspiration he is to the fans...

playdeep

Reaction score
Rich, did you ever get to see Jungle Jim AND Pam?

Interesting story, Sad End.
Always wondered if the stories of Jungle offing himself into the bus after Pam broke up with him...
Were true?
or Just urban legend..?

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Bad car crash last night after the races. Sounds like Dom Lagana has serious, life threatening injuries, and Richie Crampton and Jacob Sanders were injured, but not life threatening. Lagana was driving Richie's 1957 "Shit Box of Doom" Chevy Wagon when it went off the road and hit a utility pole.