WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nice restaurant in Glendale/Phoniex area?

DaBank

Reaction score
My daughter is graduating college on Friday and I am going to take the family (11) to dinner. Was thinking Mastros or Ocean Club but those are in Scottsdale. Looking for something closer to the Hotel since we are driving.

JD D05

Reaction score
Hahahahaha before I got in here I was going to say Mastros!

YOLO

Reaction score
My daughter is graduating college on Friday and I am going to take the family (11) to dinner. Was thinking Mastros or Ocean Club but those are in Scottsdale. Looking for something closer to the Hotel since we are driving.
Where are you staying?

Joker

Reaction score

Phoenix? Dicks in Phoenix or Rokerij. Culinary Dropout is a blast in Tempe but not what I would call a Mastros setting.

YOLO

Reaction score
Marriott in Phoniex
As Joker indicated Dicks Hideaway is outstanding. You can reserve the back room for a $500 minimum. Easy to satisfy with food and libations. 16th st and Bethany Home rd.
You could also go to The Yard, Culinary Dropout, or Postinos. North central area.
Steak 44 if you want a steak or Buck and Rider for seafood and steaks. Both in the Arcadia area.

JD D05

Reaction score
I like Sumo Maya but I think it is in Scottsdale also. I dont live there so I'm not sure.

JBS

Reaction score
Steak 44 is the best meal you will have in this area. If you are looking for anything in particular let us know we can give suggestions

Joker

Reaction score
Steak 44 is the best meal you will have in this area. If you are looking for anything in particular let us know we can give suggestions

Love Steak 44 thanks to your recommendation[emoji1303]. Doing Steak 48 in Houston next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBS

Reaction score
Love Steak 44 thanks to your recommendation[emoji1303]. Doing Steak 48 in Houston next month.

I went to steak 48 in Houston last December. It is more on the lines of Maestros in my opinion. Very loud. More like a club.

Funny story. I am in the men's room and the attendant is very friendly. He says to me why are you here from Phoenix. I about shit myself. The guy is some kind of manager who knew me from Maestros. Totally freaky

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Steak 44 is a great option. Dicks is my favorite but with that many people I would reserve the back room at Rokerij, same owner, same menu with a little nicer atmosphere. Much bigger.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
What’s that place on the hill called?
Like “rustlers roost” or something like that?

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Phoenix? Dicks in Phoenix or Rokerij. Culinary Dropout is a blast in Tempe but not what I would call a Mastros setting.

Cant second Rokeij enough, love dicks as well, if you can get either it will not disappoint. Last meal I had an amazing veal chop and the most insanely good chile relleno ever made.

DaBank

Reaction score
Steakhouse is what I am thinking. But I am open to anything that is nice for my daughter graduating with her Masters. Would like a place that has a good atmosphere and vibe and good drink's lol.

We are flying in Thrusday around noon and flying out Saturday at 5pm. Not sure what there is to do Thursday afternoon or on Saturday....any must see or do's?

Joker

Reaction score
Steakhouse is what I am thinking. But I am open to anything that is nice for my daughter graduating with her Masters. Would like a place that has a good atmosphere and vibe and good drink's lol.

We are flying in Thrusday around noon and flying out Saturday at 5pm. Not sure what there is to do Thursday afternoon or on Saturday....any must see or do's?

Top Golf out at Talking Stick. You could also go to the Stanford/Sun Devil game on Thursday. We’re heading in there Thursday as well.

DaBank

Reaction score
Top Golf out at Talking Stick. You could also go to the Stanford/Sun Devil game on Thursday. We’re heading in there Thursday as well.

Thank you for the suggestions.

dirtyduner

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions.
Culinary Dropout in Scottsdale, Bobby Q's is amazing off i-17, yard house by glendale stadium kicks ass, arrowhead grill. All great places. As far as something extra to do the extra day you are here. I am not much of a hiker but its beautiful this time of year here and hiking camelback is a big thing. Or go out to Lake Pleasant, get a meal and enjoy the weather.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steak 44, hands down, if you are looking for the best steakhouse in town. Arrowhead Grill is good too if you are looking for something nice in Glendale. Richardsons (Rokerij, Dicks) is one of my favorites, but is more casual.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

DaBank

Reaction score
Looks like everyone likes Steak44,Rokerij,Dicks and Arrowhead.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

FYI, there's a new Top Golf right across the 101 from Cardinals Stadium. Not sure if it's open yet or not, drive by it every morning early. If not, it's super close to open.

BONER

Reaction score
You Bitches call yourselves Phoenicians and didn't mention Richardson's??? Dumb.

OP, go to Richardson's.

JBS

Reaction score
Looks like everyone likes Steak44,Rokerij,Dicks and Arrowhead.

I may get shit for this but Arrowhead grill is great for Glendale. Not great

Dicks has a large table in the side room that may be a good fit for the group.

Donovan’s in camelback is also good but quiet.

Durant’s is also one of my favorites but it might be hard to get your party accommodated

Nothing wrong with Maestros City Hall

Ocean 44 will be open soon. It will be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I may get shit for this but Arrowhead grill is great for Glendale. Not great

Dicks has a large table in the side room that may be a good fit for the group.

Donovan’s in camelback is also good but quiet.

Durant’s is also one of my favorites but it might be hard to get your party accommodated

Nothing wrong with Maestros City Hall

Ocean 44 will be open soon. It will be great

Funny you say this about Arrowhead, We used to go to Maestro's. I stopped going because it was so damn noisy inside, I couldn't carry on a conversation with my wife. I think their food is about equal. I had heard the old Executive Chef left Maestro's and started Arrowhead.

Steve

Reactions: JBS

NicPaus

Reaction score
Any of you AZ Guys tried Bootleggers Smoke House? Not sure of both locations as I live in .CA. Friend from Echos restraunts. Tried there stuff at smoke off competition but have not made it out to restraunt.

JBS

Reaction score
Funny you say this about Arrowhead, We used to go to Maestro's. I stopped going because it was so damn noisy inside, I couldn't carry on a conversation with my wife. I think their food is about equal. I had heard the old Executive Chef left Maestro's and started Arrowhead.

Steve

That’s a good point Steve maestro can be very loud

DaBank

Reaction score
I just called Rokerij and had to leave a message for a party of 11. The recording said to give them one business day to respond. Not sure if they will have a last minute reservation. We will see.

DaBank

Reaction score
Would like to thank everyone that made suggestions. We had a very enjoyable night at Rokerij. Had 14 people show up and everyone enjoyed their meals. The bar downstairs was pretty cool also.
Again RDP came through with great suggestions. Frank

cakemoto

Reaction score
The state fair is going on downtown.
Nothing special though just so you know

Reaction score
- Different Pointe of View
- Tapatio Cliffs
- Pointe in Tyme
- Rustler's Roost (cowboy theme)
- Maggiano's