WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No Camping in Left Lane

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
It's still a close race, but I'm going to say that Teslas have now overtaken the Prius for the traffic impeding championship. More and more I'm noticing when there's an idiot driver holding up traffic, it's a Tesla.

I'm aware some of you here drive Teslas so hopefully you aren't part of the problem.

azsunfun

Reaction score
I camp in the passing lane between quartsite and Phoenix that stretch sucks on suspension, and camp around picoho peak also but I hit 77 with boat in tow and don't move except for on comers.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I camp in the passing lane between quartsite and Phoenix that stretch sucks on suspension, and camp around picoho peak also but I hit 77 with boat in tow and don't move except for on comers.
Same here on th 40 between kingman and havasu

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Question, since I know nothing about Teslas.

I assume you have a instantaneous miles to end readout at current speed.
So, if I slow from 75 to 50, that range will increase?

Middle of summer, A/C blowing full and we can almost make it if I drive 35.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Question, since I know nothing about Teslas.

I assume you have a instantaneous miles to end readout at current speed.
So, if I slow from 75 to 50, that range will increase?

Middle of summer, A/C blowing full and we can almost make it if I drive 35.

Yeah, absolutely.. The biggest killer of a Tesla's range is speed. At 75mph it will drain much quicker than 65mph. They are way more sensitive than an ICE powered car when it comes to speed vs economy. In the middle of Summer with the AC going it will drain a little more because of the electric AC unit but it's not crazy like MPH's does. If you see a Tesla in the slow lane going 55 it's because they are running low on battery and they trying to make it to a charger. Also freezing temps kill EV's batteries, they hate it. Like we have always said on here, EV's are just not the long road trip kind of car. You can absolutely do it, but there's a good chance you'll get tired of stopping so much to charge if you drive with the flow of traffic on these open highways.

Last edited:

Hypnautic

Reaction score
So do you make the passing vehicle pass you on the right or do you move if you see approaching car/truck?
Answer decides how many fingers I wave with

azsunfun

Reaction score
So do you make the passing vehicle pass you on the right or do you move if you see approaching car/truck?
Answer decides how many fingers I wave with
They have no choice but to be passed on right, I'm going faster and not moving, if someone is going 77.5 of course I move unless approaching line of 18 wheelers.

Sharky

Reaction score
I have one that's even worse than camping in the left lane-

Last week in Denver, we had a hail storm. And it was a nothing- burger as far as hail goes out here. Pea size to maybe marble.
I-25. 5 Lane US highway. People actually stopped in all 5 lanes (both directions, 10 lanes and shoulders blocked) underneath a major underpass completely blocking a major US highway with a speed limit of 65-75 MPH to get out of the hail.

What a cluster fuck that was.

One of the local radio hosts got stuck in the 10 mile traffic jamb because a few idiots parked and completely blocked the highway under an overpass to not get hit by hail. Radio host lost it and called them assholes on the air the next day.

Lot of pissed of people last week when that happened.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Go on a ride along on the freeway sometime.

You feel like Moses with everyone getting the fuck out of the left lane… like suddenly they know they’re not supposed to camp there.

(This doesn’t apply to Los Angeles….)

rrrr

Reaction score
Fortunately around here, when traffic is moderate or lighter, the normal speed on freeways is 80. The left lane runs anywhere from that up to 95. There's the occasional cocksuckers blocking the lane, I make sure to show them the left rear corner of my vehicle up close when I pass.

yz450mm

Reaction score

You feel like Moses with everyone getting the fuck out of the left lane… like suddenly they know they’re not supposed to camp there.

I'm in, can you really take someone?

Sherpa

Reaction score
AWESOM VIDEO. (in all caps)............

--Teslas have taken over the retrard slowness of the fast lane/passing lane.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
AWESOM VIDEO. (in all caps)............

--Teslas have taken over the retrard slowness of the fast lane/passing lane.

I like to pass them on the right and push out a lil black cloud on them from my 7.3.

We just did about 1600 or 1700 miles on a road trip…people are fucking stupid.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

I tried years ago when I was just starting the process of applying, no dice. They said I had to be at some certain point in the process. Shortly after that they had a hiring freeze and I aged out before they restarted.

azsunfun

Reaction score

It is funny to see in rearview too. Going through barstow cars started moving over thought emergency vehicle in code 3, I'm at 73-74 nope three police vehicles coming up, once I hit 75 hit next lane to let them go, back behind them at 79! And lots of posers on here if they haven't had a ride along, am I special being personally transported to jail.😂

Roosky01

Reaction score
I believe it should be legal to spin those dumbass left lane a-holes right into the rhubarb. I absolutely despise those fuk’rs.

azsunfun

Reaction score
I believe it should be legal to spin those dumbass left lane a-holes right into the rhubarb. I absolutely despise those fuk’rs.
And your the guaranteed winner, don't think so!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Drove up 5 a couple of months ago and the right lane through central California is the surface of the moon. To call that a road is an insult to cart paths everywhere. Everyone was traveling in the left lane.

All the passing was on the right and it was a pedal down and pray that you didn't lose a tire at speed situation. So glad I'm paying 50 cents more a gallon in gas to pay for this shit.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Fortunately around here, when traffic is moderate or lighter, the normal speed on freeways is 80. The left lane runs anywhere from that up to 95. There's the occasional cocksuckers blocking the lane, I make sure to show them the left rear corner of my vehicle up close when I pass.
I know another person that has done that a time or two.….

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I love Sheriff Lamb. He's running for Senate too. His Instagram is great.

petie6464

Reaction score
Yeah drive the big truck or worse yeat a rubber band tire 4 wheeler E or W bound I-40 between CA and Texas border will change your thoughts.. Your states fuel tax dollars at 0 work👎

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I hate lane bandits….I5 going north is the worst (as was already mentioned)

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I hate lane bandits….I5 going north is the worst (as was already mentioned)
I'd argue 15 South from Vegas thru Victorville on a Sunday is the flippin' worst. This is the main reason I drive Rice Road home from the Landing. Serious dumbasses!