WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No good deed goes unpunished!

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
EEBC1CAD-F771-4121-A36E-C0781328FC8E.jpeg
64393589-A289-480C-9544-F7DBFFFEC4C6.jpeg
C88D1BA8-025E-46FA-9DA8-CB978501AB68.jpeg
Ever help a fellow boater out just to get the bone in the end? Last time I took my boat out for desert storm someone was on the launch ramp and couldn’t get their boat started, so naturally their battery was dead and they ask, “anyone have a jumper” so against my best judgment due to the pile they were trying to get on the water, I obliged because they had the family and kids all loaded up on the boat already, and I went ahead and gave them my little emergency jumper I charge and bring every time I take my boat out, for instanced like this. And what do I get? They fucking burn up my jumper leads. Between this and trying to help people out on rare instances when they run outta fuel I’m just about over all that shit.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
That doesn't look too hard to fix.

My buddy and I l"loaned" out a fire extinguisher to a guy with a hoopty jet boat at Martinez one time. His carb had caught fire and it was starting to get serious. He should have tossed a towel on it but was kinda spacing out on what to do. Panic I guess. We pulled out the extinguisher, pulled the pin and handed it to the guy. He gave a good long blast and the fire was out. We were out too... out of a $25.00 extinguisher.

Paying it forward... its what you do.

I've had other instances where I have towed people in, and they pushed cash on me. I said no, but they have insisted. Just a $20 or whatever, but that's definitely the right way for someone to act when you help them.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Same kinda folks that do not understand when approaching in opposite direction stay to right!!!!! This behavior has become an epidemic.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Running out of gas is unacceptable. Period. A mechanical failure can happen to anyone, but you get no sympathy for being to cheap or lazy to put gas in the damn boat.
Lol they used to call me running on empty. Flat with a 10 gallon tank. Got pretty good mileage, until you" engage" a couple of people, then " crap I'm out of gas".lol

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Those small jump starters will turn over a car / truck , but if there’s a problem , like no gas , worn spark plugs , bad starter etc , nothing will and you will just burn out jumper .

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
"No good deed goes unpunished" - one of the all-time truisms I've learned many times. But I'll still be a "good guy" and help others. I've come to learn that, most of the time I won't even get a "thank you" let alone any kind of offer to pay me back, etc.

f0cr77yo2j211.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Here's one for you:
Leaving Havasu after the DS street party, I stopped at the Chevron by WallyWorld to top off and head home. It was about 4, still light/daytime. A snowbird in a converted grain hauler towing a buggy pulls up. Nice looking rig. I see him trying to use his phone light to see into the tank. I carry a tac light in the door panel, so I grab it to offer him a brighter light. As I walk over to offer it to him, he turns to me and yells, YELLS, "If I wanted your help I'd fucking ask you for it!"

I then told him," I pray you have a safe trip back to Canada" and walked back around to my truck.

Just can't win, I guess.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I will always help, its only a matter of time before i end up on the other end. Now with my first on the way i hope that my kid will do the same.

Keep in mind common sense should prevail. Desert storm weekend my buddy made a costly mistake. He and another friend were headed up towards the mouth of the gorge when friend #2 dusted the gearcase on his big power 288 Howard deck, so friend #1 decides to put all 14 people on the boats in his 270 Hallett and tow them back to windsor instead of waiting for sea tow. Well just the tow back got his drive so hot the it split the casing up on the head by the drive shower dump. Not wanting to wait on sea tow cost friend #1 $ 9,000 in a rebuilt drive

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your ad here

Reaction score
I'll help an RDP person and people I know. If simple and someone needs a little help, I'll help a stranger. People needing help on the launch ramp I avoid that an just say no, unless it's an emergency. If they can't have their stuff together at the ramp just think what it will be when they are on the water. I've been on both sides. When the boat doesn't start we yank it up the ramp to the parking lot. Palm smack the fuel filter, open the gas caps, smack the fuel pump, say some fancy words, hear it prime, and get the engine running. Now back to the ramp and finding my cousins. I've had dead batteries at the ramp and just took the boat back to wherever and threw a charger on them and opened a beer. The water isn't going anywhere... Oh the jet bote life.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Running out of gas is unacceptable. Period. A mechanical failure can happen to anyone, but you get no sympathy for being to cheap or lazy to put gas in the damn boat.
I ran put of gas at 16... had 3 girls with me. I was so embarrassed, but too be honest, I was never looking at the fuel gauge.

Runs2rch

Reaction score

Exactly how I felt when Ed Herbst ran out of gas in his 40 out at middle point mid week. How many stations do you own I asked???

He said my guy put a 100 bucks in. I laughed. I wanted to say are you stupid? Anyhow we took care of him and his family.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better their boating day was likely a short one. That jump box has reverse polarity protection so that short came right out of their battery:cool:

DLC

Reaction score
Ok confession here!

I ran out of gas!

New boat not sure where the gauge lands when empty .... I got right up to Windsor ramp and it stops - won’t restart but wind blew me into the dock area whew! Lucky!
But

MR F tard totally screws me and cuts me off and had to go around him which put me just outside the dock ...

it’s ok it’s only knee deep of crud to walk it over to the dock.... my wife wasn’t happy but we made it! I was so embarrassed but shit happens and it won’t happen again!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I help everyone. I’m a glutton for punishment though. I even helped an old lady walk through flying x the other night because she had a walker and as worried about the crowd inside. Helped an old lady load her groceries not that long ago. Offered to push a chicks car in front of my office into a parking spot.

I don’t care I figure it all comes around.. and it does!

The other day right before DS I was getting buried with shit and I had to Goto kingman to get a boat transferred into my name. I was dead tired and not looking forward to taking half my day doing this.

“Ding!”

It’s Heidi and she asks “going to AZGF need anything?”

I attribute that shit 100% tonthebold lady with the walker by the way. What comes around goes around.

JayBreww

Reaction score
I held the door open for someone at Subway once, as I got to the door first as we were entering and then he went ahead and got into line and I got behind him. Then he orders a meatball sub, sandwich I always order. So now I go to order one, well he took the last of the meatballs. I left with no sandwich, holding the door open for him again as we left at the same time.

Whenever someone opens the door for me, I always let them go ahead of me in line. They did a nice gesture, I noticed it, they would have been infront of me in line had they not held it open for me, so is it not only fair to let them back in front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howard23

Reaction score
I help everyone. I’m a glutton for punishment though. I even helped an old lady walk through flying x the other night because she had a walker and as worried about the crowd inside. Helped an old lady load her groceries not that long ago. Offered to push a chicks car in front of my office into a parking spot.

The other day right before DS I was getting buried with shit and I had to Goto kingman to get a boat transferred into my name. I was dead tired and not looking forward to taking half my day doing this.

“Ding!”

I attribute that shit 100% tonthebold lady with the walker by the way. What comes around goes around.
I am the same way! I usually get the short end of the stick always doing the "Right Thing" …. But, sometimes the good deeds come and pay you back in a good way just when you needed it the most. Just help when you can. Some times its Huge to the one you helped.

milkmoney

Reaction score

“Ding!”

It's more of being respectful and doing the right thing. I never think of helping everyone. I think of just doing the right thing ....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
went to help a coworker that needed a jump. i knew he was a car guy and he had brought in some pile of garbage miata with a rollbar, etc... i hooked up my end of my cables to my car and i trusted that he knew WTF he was doing. he ends up putting em on backwards because he relocated his battery to the trunk and used black cables for both leads and ended up blowing my main harness fuse to my truck...

now its "anyone have jumper cables?" "NOPE!"

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I held the door open for someone at Subway once, as I got to the door first as we were entering and then he went ahead and got into line and I got behind him. Then he orders a meatball sub, sandwich I always order. So now I go to order one, well he took the last of the meatballs. I left with no sandwich, holding the door open for him again as we left at the same time.

Whenever someone opens the door for me, I always let them go ahead of me in line. They did a nice gesture, I noticed it, they would have been infront of me in line had they not held it open for me, so is it not only fair to let them back in front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my best Tom Leykis voice:
"I'll only hold open the door for the broad I'm bangin'"

I agree.

Dan'l

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Can’t recall how many times I’ve held the door for someone and not even a grunt or sideways look , let alone a thank you ...especially women ...

Weekend Therapy

Reaction score
Came across a jet boat broke down on the river near needles with two guys and a pretty hot girl. The guys battery post broke off so we towed him up river to their place. He tried to give us cash and i said no way just pay it forward. As we started to pull away i hear a whistle and look over and the girl pulls her top up and bottoms to the side. Well worth the tow

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Can’t recall how many times I’ve held the door for someone and not even a grunt or sideways look , let alone a thank you ...especially women ...

Same here, working for the state you can guess the "special" type of women that are so common. I usually end up saying your welcome any way. The reactions are priceless sometimes.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I will always help, its only a matter of time before i end up on the other end. Now with my first on the way i hope that my kid will do the same.

Keep in mind common sense should prevail. Desert storm weekend my buddy made a costly mistake. He and another friend were headed up towards the mouth of the gorge when friend #2 dusted the gearcase on his big power 288 Howard deck, so friend #1 decides to put all 14 people on the boats in his 270 Hallett and tow them back to windsor instead of waiting for sea tow. Well just the tow back got his drive so hot the it split the casing up on the head by the drive shower dump. Not wanting to wait on sea tow cost friend #1 $ 9,000 in a rebuilt drive

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

And this is why @OldSchoolBoats won’t tow anyone!