WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No good deed goes unpunished.

SixD9R

Reaction score
Sorry for the dudes girlfriend but, don’t underestimate the quality of a wife a Ukrainian woman can be. As you may know, I have first hand knowledge and never looked back.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
The timing of this post is pretty funny.. I am sponsoring a Ukraine woman who lives in a town that was taken over by Russian forces, she's 36 years old. I have a history with her and have known her for about three years. Oddly enough I met her on IG and we talked for a long time, then talks became live chats, for months. Then I visited her while she was working in China, we had an incredible time even walked on the Great Wall of China and totally hit if off, she has been asking me to come back to visit her but I insisted if she wanted to have a relationship with me she would have to come to the US. But her work has kept her in China. Since then, our relationship has cooled off and we are now just friends. Well, her work contract is about to end and now wants to leave China but has no place to go and doesn't want to go back to Ukraine, I don't blame her.

Then...

US Immigration announces a program called "Uniting for Ukraine" which helps displaced Ukraine citizens.. It allows a US "Sponsor" to take care of displaced Ukrainians and give them amnesty in the United States, I offered her a place to stay and I would take care of her and help her get on her feet. Since her job is ending and has no place to go, I offered to take care of her. She said yes, lets do it. I spent a couple of days last week filling out the application online with the US immigration office, I had to prove I could afford to take care of her with my income with bank statements, tax returns, proof of home ownership etc.... Two days later I received a letter from Homeland Security telling me that it's approved and she is free to come to America immediately. Crazy shit...... There's some hair on the deal with the dates but I think I'll be able to work it all out regarding her contract and expiration of the program. Btw, the program is only for 2 years... She's gonna have to get a green card of some type if she wants to stay longer, I’ll work that out later. She is really smart and her English is great.

Hopefully in the end I can give her a life of new opportunities. A gift of freedom.. And I have low expectations of rekindling our relationship where it once was. I'll deal with it when the time comes. Who knows...

All she has to do now is get on a plane... Wish us luck.. We're shooting for August...

7D8E29DB-B121-4377-B913-DD41C35E8078.jpeg IMG_1808.JPG

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
The timing of this post is pretty funny.. I am sponsoring a Ukraine woman who lives in a town that was taken over by Russian forces, she's 36 years old. I have a history with her and have known her for about three years. Oddly enough I met her on IG and we talked for a long time, then talks became live chats, for months. Then I visited her while she was working in China, we had an incredible time even walked on the Great Wall of China and totally hit if off, she has been asking me to come back to visit her but I insisted if she wanted to have a relationship with me she would have to come to the US. But her work as kept her in China. Since then, our relationship has cooled off and we are now just friends. Well, her work contract is about to end and now wants to leave China but has no place to go and doesn't want to go back to Ukraine.

Then...

The US Immigration announces a program called "Uniity for Ukraine" which helps displaced Ukraine citizens.. It allows a "Sponsor" to take care of displaced Ukrainians, I offered her a place to stay and I would take care of her and help her get on her feet. Since her job is ending and has no place to go, I offered to take care of her. She said yes, lets do it. I spent a couple of days last week filling out the application online to the US immigration office, I had to prove I could afford to take care of her. I had to prove my income with bank statements, tax returns, proof of home ownership etc.... Two days later I received a letter from Homeland Security telling me that it's approved and she is free to come to America. Crazy shit...... There's some hair on the deal with the dates but I think I'll be able to work it all out regarding her contract and expiration of the program. Btw, the program is only for 2 years... She's gonna have to get a green card of some type if she wants to stay, we'll work that out later. So all she really has to do is get on a plane and come to America, for the first time in her life. She is really smart and her English is great. The only think she doesn't really get is the difference of "Got" and "have", it's pretty funny..

Hopefully in the end I can give her a life of new opportunities. A gift of freedom.. And I have low expectations of rekindling our relationship where it once was. Like many women she will probably drive me crazy, but I'll deal with it when the time comes. Who knows...

All she has to do now is get on a plane... Wish us luck.. We're shooting for August...

View attachment 1118262

View attachment 1118263
Holy shit!! Hot!!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
The timing of this post is pretty funny.. I am sponsoring a Ukraine woman who lives in a town that was taken over by Russian forces, she's 36 years old. I have a history with her and have known her for about three years. Oddly enough I met her on IG and we talked for a long time, then talks became live chats, for months. Then I visited her while she was working in China, we had an incredible time even walked on the Great Wall of China and totally hit if off, she has been asking me to come back to visit her but I insisted if she wanted to have a relationship with me she would have to come to the US. But her work as kept her in China. Since then, our relationship has cooled off and we are now just friends. Well, her work contract is about to end and now wants to leave China but has no place to go and doesn't want to go back to Ukraine.

Then...

The US Immigration announces a program called "Uniity for Ukraine" which helps displaced Ukraine citizens.. It allows a "Sponsor" to take care of displaced Ukrainians, I offered her a place to stay and I would take care of her and help her get on her feet. Since her job is ending and has no place to go, I offered to take care of her. She said yes, lets do it. I spent a couple of days last week filling out the application online to the US immigration office, I had to prove I could afford to take care of her. I had to prove my income with bank statements, tax returns, proof of home ownership etc.... Two days later I received a letter from Homeland Security telling me that it's approved and she is free to come to America. Crazy shit...... There's some hair on the deal with the dates but I think I'll be able to work it all out regarding her contract and expiration of the program. Btw, the program is only for 2 years... She's gonna have to get a green card of some type if she wants to stay, we'll work that out later. So all she really has to do is get on a plane and come to America, for the first time in her life. She is really smart and her English is great. The only think she doesn't really get is the difference of "Got" and "have", it's pretty funny..

Hopefully in the end I can give her a life of new opportunities. A gift of freedom.. And I have low expectations of rekindling our relationship where it once was. Like many women she will probably drive me crazy, but I'll deal with it when the time comes. Who knows...

View attachment 1118262

View attachment 1118263

If only I was as lucky as you - @Cray Paper

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
The timing of this post is pretty funny.. I am sponsoring a Ukraine woman who lives in a town that was taken over by Russian forces, she's 36 years old. I have a history with her and have known her for about three years. Oddly enough I met her on IG and we talked for a long time, then talks became live chats, for months. Then I visited her while she was working in China, we had an incredible time even walked on the Great Wall of China and totally hit if off, she has been asking me to come back to visit her but I insisted if she wanted to have a relationship with me she would have to come to the US. But her work has kept her in China. Since then, our relationship has cooled off and we are now just friends. Well, her work contract is about to end and now wants to leave China but has no place to go and doesn't want to go back to Ukraine, I don't blame her.

Then...

US Immigration announces a program called "Uniting for Ukraine" which helps displaced Ukraine citizens.. It allows a US "Sponsor" to take care of displaced Ukrainians and give them amnesty in the United States, I offered her a place to stay and I would take care of her and help her get on her feet. Since her job is ending and has no place to go, I offered to take care of her. She said yes, lets do it. I spent a couple of days last week filling out the application online with the US immigration office, I had to prove I could afford to take care of her with my income with bank statements, tax returns, proof of home ownership etc.... Two days later I received a letter from Homeland Security telling me that it's approved and she is free to come to America immediately. Crazy shit...... There's some hair on the deal with the dates but I think I'll be able to work it all out regarding her contract and expiration of the program. Btw, the program is only for 2 years... She's gonna have to get a green card of some type if she wants to stay longer, I’ll work that out later. She is really smart and her English is great.

Hopefully in the end I can give her a life of new opportunities. A gift of freedom.. And I have low expectations of rekindling our relationship where it once was. I'll deal with it when the time comes. Who knows...

View attachment 1118262

View attachment 1118263

It sounds like you’ve caught feelings. Best to make sure she’s in the same head space. It could turn into a long two years if she’s not lol. Could be a cool story if it works out, congrats!

traquer

Reaction score
Eastern Europeans and Asians make the best mates for many people! Good luck!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Make sure she doesn't have a princess complex. I have met many of eastern European girls that do have one and its painful to find out once you are in.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
It sounds like you’ve caught feelings. Best to make sure she’s in the same head space. It could turn into a long two years if she’s not lol. Could be a cool story if it works out, congrats!

Honestly, I do predict it's going to be kind of a shit show. lol But it will be cool to give her a gift of freedom, and she can go on her way.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
If only I was as lucky as you - @Cray Paper
Lol, totally get the humor in the reference. Just have to say, I'm in to much better looking gals that are home grown! Its taken a couple of long term relationships to learn to identify and steer clear of bat shit crazy...but life lessons has been applied with the my new partner, almost zero crazy, and maximum hotness, owns her our business, smart, communicates her needs well in a way I understand..

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Lol, totally get the humor in the reference. Just have to say, I'm in to much better looking gals that are home grown! Its taken a couple of long term relationships to learn to identify and steer clear of bat shit crazy...but life lessons has been applied with the my new partner, almost zero crazy, and maximum hotness, owns her our business, smart, communicates her needs well in a way I understand..

I wish you the best of luck.

And also let the countdown begin.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good on you man!!!!

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Lol, I appreciate the innuendo / advise from the inmates on relation advise, I've made some massive mistakes in this arena but have learned from them. I've been working in the commercial construction industry for more than 30 years and and understand the direct / indirect comments. Time will tell fellas, maybe you all should put up a dead pool type thread on when Danielle does me wrong:p

buck35

Reaction score
Lol, I appreciate the innuendo / advise from the inmates on relation advise, I've made some massive mistakes in this arena but have learned from them. I've been working in the commercial construction industry for more than 30 years and and understand the direct / indirect comments. Time will tell fellas, maybe you all should put up a dead pool type thread on when Danielle does me wrong:p

Good for you Dave! You deserve it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I had single neighbors and friends that all eventually married former iron curtain country and other country European women.

A whole different culture attitude from these girls and they are still married today. Every one of them a 9 - 10.
Those girls go more for character.

American women want wrong and taller than them. Unemployed, young and few felonies a plus.

To my Swiss wife I had the positive things she liked and I'm just an older guy. -A lot older and we just past the 16 year mark with little drama.

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Honestly, I do predict it's going to be kind of a shit show. lol But it will be cool to give her a gift of freedom, and she can go on her way.

Best of luck in this Dan.

Be very careful.

On a green card sponsorship that will roll back to you. Do not be surprised if you are requested to sign an "affidavit of support" for 40 quarters that separation does not release you from. It's pretty standard for any kind of sponsorship.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Best of luck in this Dan.

Be very careful.

On a green card sponsorship that will roll back to you. Do not be surprised if you are requested to sign an "affidavit of support" for 40 quarters that separation does not release you from. It's pretty standard for any kind of sponsorship.

Yeah, I'm not going to work myself into a corner with her. I'll be very careful and I think with my brain and my brain alone. If she does come I'm gonna help her get on her feet and send her on her way. Thx, UD

gqchris

Reaction score
So Immigration spins up a "Help Ukraine" program, yet we cant even get the dreamers who were brought here as children a pathway to citizenship? They had no choice in the say, and now have to deal with all the bureaucratic hoops. Makes no sense to me. I have a few very close friends in this situation. Why cant they just make that program happen?

Remember also, not everyone wants the "gift of freedom". We as Americans are arrogant and think that anyone from another country just is dying to come here. Its really the exact opposite. Especially as the USA is the laughing stock of the world these days. Alot of my foreign friends ask we we always assume this!

Not directed at you Dan. Just frustrating and I am venting.

FYI My Mom was from Europe and I am blessed to be raised in those traditions. I am lucky my Dad was able to sponsor her as well and make an amazing life here decades ago.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Dan Lorenze that sounds like a horrible idea man! dont doit! sound just like the start of a cray paper situation! its easy to say you wont fall for a trap until you are in the trap and sayin fuck what was i thinking!

wish you the best but please start a thread on it

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
7E7FFC44-E684-475F-BB20-93123270A6DB.gif