WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No happy hump day for me.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
In the hospital getting a locker installed. S1-L1 been 3 years since the accident. Hope it takes away the 24/7 pain

Hope it all goes well for you. Living in constant pain sucks.

Multiple back injuries here from s1 all the way to l4.

Been years of pain, fortunately for me epidurals work well but I’m feeling less relief and for shorter times now. I can’t even remember what it’s like to be pain free or being able to do the most basic things in life without having to think them through so I don’t hurt myself.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Those who have not experiencedSevere Back issues, have no idea how mch it affects every aspect of Everything. best Whishes and the End of 2020!! Onward and Upward.!
Thanks, it was getting to the point i could bearly lift a coffee pot , without hurting the lower back.

craiger88

Reaction score
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I was a passenger in a rollover accident on 7/31/20. Ended up with fractures in C2, C3, C4, and C6. Fusion surgery on C3/C4 on 8/1/20. I have been doing a lot of reading and talking with folks who have had various neck/back/spine surgeries. The key is try to allow yourself rest. I have had a few amazing discussions with guys that fully recovered and returned to rock climbing and hockey. Give yourself 6 months of doing NOTHING! Lots of rest, walking as much as you can, and diet.

The Optimized Patient by Harvey Warren is a good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Get better soon. Ask for the good drugs, you've earned it.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Hope it all goes well for you. Living in constant pain sucks.

Multiple back injuries here from s1 all the way to l4.

Been years of pain, fortunately for me epidurals work well but I’m feeling less relief and for shorter times now. I can’t even remember what it’s like to be pain free or being able to do the most basic things in life without having to think them through so I don’t hurt myself.
\

OMG!! speaking of epidurals!!! I have an Appointment in 3 hours for one then one every 2 weeks for a month. I have need a series of them,but the New Insurance has been fighting the Claim:mad:. I have been really concerned with them,and worry is this What it is for the duration? I hate the thought. If I do down on my knee and then go to get up, SAD!! I just can't bring myself to go through another Surgery.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I worry about Ibuprofen,but several 800's do take the edge off.🤔
The first year thats all that workmens comp would approve , ended up taking 10 a day. Then it got to the point, they would do nothing. Thats what got me on temp disability. Work Accident happened 5/17/17 .

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Constant pain sucks. Constantly trying to wear you down. It was mentioned getting old sucks. Well, having had several neck and back surgeries before age 30, getting older with hardware in your spine sucks balls too...I'm 43, and some days still suck. Maybe the poster above is right, and the key to a pefect recovery is doing nothing.
I was, and still am, happy to have any range of motion and be productive. If your surgery lessons the pain enough to be tolerable, that's a major win. Watch some pain meds during recovery, as some act as depressants...can make a bad thing worse.

Above all, I hope you have a nice sleep, and wake up feeling great.

cheezpanel

Reaction score
Good luck...I feel your pain. Literally. Neck fusion. L5S1 discectomy. It's all about movement for me now. Hoping all goes well for you.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I hope that everything goes well for you today

Sherpa

Reaction score
C4-C5-C6 spinal fusion here done in 1997. not a day goes by I don't feel pain from it..... also have lower back issues too, but no way I'm having work done on that.

don't worry. I never let it get me down.... I'm too motivated by still performing at work, and keep myself super busy with all my little fab projects at home to take a break

because I'm sore........

--Sherpa going on 58 this December....... still able to bury most of the young 20-30 somethings at my work.!

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Good luck B. Hope the recovery is of short duration. You probably could have thought of a better way to get April to wait on you hand and foot. Just sayin... :D

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Back Injuries are awful. I herniated a disk in my neck years ago wakeboarding. So I know a little about what you mean.

I still get the occasional shampooing injury. Literally doing a normal everyday thing and bam...you pull some muscle and you have days of discomfort.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
I worry about Ibuprofen,but several 800's do take the edge off.🤔

I just returned from my Injection, and talking to my Dr. he cautioned long term high dose Ibuprofen is asking for Kidney problems. Damn, cure one issue only to create another possibly worse 😢

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Hope this helps , I spent a year in extreme pain 4 spinal "injections" pain pills up the wazzzoo , about two months ago something miraculous happened and it just disappeared , My friend/customer (noted Ortho surgeon) said sometimes this happens ... personally I'm going with it "whistling thru the graveyard" Very carefull to not pickup any boat trailer tongues .... never lift and pivot

FWIW the wife is a poster child for pain tolerance , has 9 discs fused in her back , takes almost nothing for it dont know how she does it

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Good luck B. Hope the recovery is of short duration. You probably could have thought of a better way to get April to wait on you hand and foot. Just sayin... :D
Thanks Scott, found a picture of your old sled from the ISL trip .
20201018_073805.jpg

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're through surgery. I hope the relief is lasting and the recovery goes well.

rrrr

Reaction score
I hope you get relief. It's no fun living life with constant fuggin' pain. Some days are just torture.

E4L

Reaction score
The first year thats all that workmens comp would approve , ended up taking 10 a day. Then it got to the point, they would do nothing. Thats what got me on temp disability. Work Accident happened 5/17/17 .

Yes they give that shit out like candy. I ended up getting a ulcer from it so those days are over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
I'm fortunate to have a pain doctor that treats me instead of cowering in fear of the DEA like my last one. That dipshit cut my fentanyl dosage from a 100 mcg patch to a 37.5 mcg, and informed me he was going to stop prescribing fentanyl two months after that. "I'm not going to lose my practice over prescribing fentanyl." Great. How am I supposed to survive on Tylenol?

I found my new doctor kinda by accident. He was treating my mother-in-law for foot pain and she really liked him. I wrote out a two page narrative of all my surgeries and pain history for my first appointment, he looked at it and said "You have the experience of years of pain, what medication and dosage level works best for you?" I am so blessed to have found this doctor.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I just returned from my Injection, and talking to my Dr. he cautioned long term high dose Ibuprofen is asking for Kidney problems. Damn, cure one issue only to create another possibly worse 😢

My wife's uncle had 4 back surgeries and was on all kinds of hardcore pain meds. He switched to marijuana with the occasional Percocet when needed and you can actually hold a conversation with him now. Not saying its for everybody but it definitely helped him. He's a nice guy now where as before he was an a-hole.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
My wife's uncle had 4 back surgeries and was on all kinds of hardcore pain meds. He switched to marijuana with the occasional Percocet when needed and you can actually hold a conversation with him now. Not saying its for everybody but it definitely helped him. He's a nice guy now where as before he was an a-hole.

I understand, but those who are Not in severe pain,can not understand how it affects everything. You do become a different, not a good person. The addiction to Pain Killers start as help and easily becomes a Crutch. 😢

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I smoked pot in high school once in awhile just to get high . Now I grow certain strains to deal with the pain . I don't get stupid high and can function halfway normal and only have to take an opioid when I'm really in pain. Even my meds doctor agrees but won't write me a prescription because workmans comp doesn't agree with that kind of treatment.

rrrr

Reaction score
I tried smoking pot a couple of years ago, and I just couldn't function. It's a real help to some people, and I'm glad it's becoming more accepted as such. Chronic pain is a motherfucker.