WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No Joke! This is where we’re headed so you better start taking this serious!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
mid shoot two blasts off the balcony? Lol

really? My shot gun is in my gun safe. My hand guns are in my house.
Handguns are only to help you reach your long guns...but your long guns are what keep people reaching the door...quite the conundrum.

As for action/reaction...Some of us have been raised in different households, with different backgrounds. In my family, a "rat" or a "snitch", was a name you called someone if you were damn ready to throw down. The lowest form of human, if that. Pretty much the bell in the ring. There are certain aspects of some people's upbringings that others do not, or can not understand. Sometimes a fuse is lit...

rrrr

Reaction score
Everyone wants to believe their source is the only real opinion
Oddly enough, yesterday my son actually did talk to a Navy General that works at the 5 sided building. He did have stern warnings for my boy to stay safe....and then likewise my son relayed these warnings to us, lol. My wife said our boy lectured us to keep away from people cuz we're old.😄
This "General" is my grandsons God-Grandpa.

There aren't any Generals in the Navy.

Your ad here

Reaction score
mid shoot two blasts off the balcony? Lol

really? My shot gun is in my gun safe. My hand guns are in my house.
My post was a joke but a hint to those who think racking a slide noise will scare armed robbers away is a good idea. It's not, because they know your location and know you have a firearm you're afraid to use. They'll shoot through the door to kill you because you gave away your location.

Little Story here. Have a family member who's house kept getting broken into when they weren't home. One time they were home when some robbers broke into the house at night. They walked downstairs and saw some body movements. Fired 6 shots in that direction unannounced. The robbers wanted out of there quick. 5 of the 6 shots were located... Its been 30 years now and other houses have been broken into and graffitied except theirs. Thieves have a network and know which home owners have guns and use them... they stay away from those houses. Now if a warning was given but no gunshots it could've been a 180 situation.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I have one too and honestly you wouldnt wanna be withing 200 yards i guarantee ill hit you with it and not by throwing it.It wont put 5 bullets in a target where a nickel covers all 5 holes like A2 AR does but it will still put all 5 rounds within a 12 inch plate.

It’s funny that folks think they need a 1-moa gun to hit the broad side of a barn.

Meanwhile, combat accuracy is 4-moa and I’m pretty sure our troops have no problem passing rifle qualifications with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It’s funny that folks think they need a 1-moa gun to hit the broad side of a barn.

Meanwhile, combat accuracy is 4-moa and I’m pretty sure our troops have no problem passing rifle qualifications with it.

Interesting.
what distances do they take that 4-moa out to in qualification? Honest question.

johnnyC

Reaction score
Its just a good excuse for a mass transfer of wealth...... think about it

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Interesting.
what distances do they take that 4-moa out to in qualification? Honest question.

I couldn’t remember what we did but I found some replies on Google. I had a 45 and then a 9mm for a side arm so I know I had to qualify with those also.

IMG_2934.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Reaction score
The 45 was an Colt m1911a1 which was a work horse. And then the m9 Beretta.

BONER

Reaction score

Great Post.

I've qual'd with a Rifle that sounded and felt like it was going to come apart with every Round fired. God only knows how many Rounds went through that piece of shit before I had to qualify with it.

I like everybody's enthusiasm to start the Boogaloo, but just remember this... It's all fun and games until they shoot back. And if you want to run a Crew Served Weapon off your Rooftop or an LP / OP on your Property, you will in fact be the first Target. So I hope you have 2, and you know what you're doing, besides just ripping off fat Bursts. If not, you're going to be the first to get smoked.

Pretty glad you guys brought up Machine Guns. I love em. They're pretty devastating and a Riot to run, especially on a good Target, like a Car. Somebody mentioned the lack of stopping power of a 249. Maybe a little truth to that, compared to the other 3, but it will disable a Civilian Car or Truck, and cut the Driver of that Vehicle in half. A great System to use on Troops though. Very fast.

The 240 is definitely my favorite. It will disable light Armor, good range, and 2 Guys can hump the Hardware and Ammo. Shoulder firing is a little abrasive, but very fun in a Rambo sort of way. Maintenance is pretty straight forward on these things. I feel like if you can work on an AR or an AK, and can read a Manual, you can work on this thing.

The ol 50 Cal. It definitely lives up to the Hype. I would've liked the opportunity to run one with the Optics they now have on em. The thought of being a Surgeon with that thing at 1500-2000 yds makes my Dick tingle. This Gun will take down a fucking Boeing 777, if it was low enough and you figured out how to lead it. There's a reason they still mount these things on various Aircraft.

Never did like the MK19. Not sure if it was the System itself, or the Links, but I've never personally seen one run without a malfunction that needed to be cleared or worked on. I have seen lots of footage of them running properly, and being very destructive. It's also still in Service so must not be that big of a piece of shit. I always liked watching the Round leave the Barrel and follow it to the Target if within Eyeball range. It's hard to wrap your Head around.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
That all said opinions are opinions and yes I found some humor in dirty Daytona’s posts..

I am surprised 5oclocksomewhere took those jokes that incredibly personally..
Yeah Dave my posts we partially meant to be funny and also to get my opinion across. The bottom line is we all talk shit on here either to make a joke or make a point but he needs to lighten the fuck up. I have found that when people react very strongly to what people say about them it usually means it’s the truth and hits close to home.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have friends that can do sub MOA stuff. Not me, never got into trying or building a rifle for that. I believe in "Minute of Pie Pan"...
Put simply, if I can dump all rounds into a paper plate at 150yds, in reasonably quick succession, I'm good. I don't need a tack driver, I prefer a well worn hammer.
I like everybody's enthusiasm to start the Boogaloo, but just remember this... It's all fun and games until they shoot back. And if you want to run a Crew Served Weapon off your Rooftop or an LP / OP on your Property, you will in fact be the first Target. So I hope you have 2, and you know what you're doing, besides just ripping off fat Bursts. If not, you're going to be the first to get smoked.

This came up with a helper kid at a shop down the way. He's bummed that school is cancelled and such. I told him it could be worse. Kids his age in the 40's dropped out, or graduated to be deployed overseas...many never came home. He responded, as I probably would have at 17, "I'd rather go to war, I'm a good shot..." Which he is, does 3 gun competions and such. I told him the same thing, paper targets don't fire back, nor do they have tactics or friends. Paper targets only let you know if the mechanics of the weapon and the operator are working...different altogether when it isn't paper, but a human.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I have one too and honestly you wouldnt wanna be withing 200 yards i guarantee ill hit you with it and not by throwing it.It wont put 5 bullets in a target where a nickel covers all 5 holes like A2 AR does but it will still put all 5 rounds within a 12 inch plate.
I don't have one but did shoot a near new out of the box one. They need work out of the box... the sights need loctite and to be tightened! We couldn't figure out why it was shooting all over the place. Sights were loose.

rrrr

Reaction score

I had to Google what a MOA is. Applying that to my personal experience, I could shoot a one or two at 100-200 yards with my 4X scoped 30.06 on a support when I was twelve.

In practical terms, in the two seasons I was thirteen and fourteen, I killed three mule deer bucks with three shots, all at distances between 75-100 yards.

It seems to me if you can't hit a 1-2 MOA at a couple hundred yards using a supported rifle with high muzzle velocity and a high power scope, you're not a good shooter.

HCP3

Reaction score
Listen man this is serious, I was a Navy Walrus, we were almost like the Seals but a little fatter!!! I know the scoop man my dads uncles brother was a plumber at the White House and he heard Obama planning this whole virus attack!!!

Holy shit this is funny as f right here. I never did read the whole thread until now. 🤣

pronstar

Reaction score
It seems to me if you can't hit a 1-2 MOA at a couple hundred yards using a supported rifle with high muzzle velocity and a high power scope, you're not a good shooter.

One thing to consider:
Some guns just aren’t very accurate.

With a pro, from a bench, some guns might give inconsistent point of impact, opening the groups up [emoji106]

The IWI Tavor a good example. It will never be more than a ~3 MOA rifle.

I would wager that most bolt-action hunting guns are in the 1 MOA-or better- range

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Mine was a Remington pump action, and after I sighted it in, it was easy to get groups in a 2" circle at 100 yards. My dad bought me my first gun, a .22 Winchester pump, when I was six, and since we lived at the edge of the desert in Albuquerque I did a lot of target practice.

My rifles and shotguns have always been pump action or semi-auto. I'm left handed, and prefer those to a bolt action.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah Dave my posts we partially meant to be funny and also to get my opinion across. The bottom line is we all talk shit on here either to make a joke or make a point but he needs to lighten the fuck up. I have found that when people react very strongly to what people say about them it usually means it’s the truth and hits close to home.

That wasn’t lost on me

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Great Post.

I've qual'd with a Rifle that sounded and felt like it was going to come apart with every Round fired. God only knows how many Rounds went through that piece of shit before I had to qualify with it.

Pretty glad you guys brought up Machine Guns. I love em. They're pretty devastating and a Riot to run, especially on a good Target, like a Car. Somebody mentioned the lack of stopping power of a 249. Maybe a little truth to that, compared to the other 3, but it will disable a Civilian Car or Truck, and cut the Driver of that Vehicle in half. A great System to use on Troops though. Very fast.

The 240 is definitely my favorite. It will disable light Armor, good range, and 2 Guys can hump the Hardware and Ammo. Shoulder firing is a little abrasive, but very fun in a Rambo sort of way. Maintenance is pretty straight forward on these things. I feel like if you can work on an AR or an AK, and can read a Manual, you can work on this thing.

The ol 50 Cal. It definitely lives up to the Hype. I would've liked the opportunity to run one with the Optics they now have on em. The thought of being a Surgeon with that thing at 1500-2000 yds makes my Dick tingle. This Gun will take down a fucking Boeing 777, if it was low enough and you figured out how to lead it. There's a reason they still mount these things on various Aircraft.

Never did like the MK19. Not sure if it was the System itself, or the Links, but I've never personally seen one run without a malfunction that needed to be cleared or worked on. I have seen lots of footage of them running properly, and being very destructive. It's also still in Service so must not be that big of a piece of shit. I always liked watching the Round leave the Barrel and follow it to the Target if within Eyeball range. It's hard to wrap your Head around.

I was pretty good at paintball though.. I’ll take my chances. :D.

beerrun

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get one of those guns that never run out of bullets like I see on TV they never have to reload 😁😁😁

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Mine was a Remington pump action, and after I sighted it in, it was easy to get groups in a 2" circle at 100 yards. My dad bought me my first gun, a .22 Winchester pump, when I was six, and since we lived at the edge of the desert in Albuquerque I did a lot of target practice.

My rifles and shotguns have always been pump action or semi-auto. I'm left handed, and prefer those to a bolt action.
I love those old gallery guns, so much fun! They are big bucks now too!!!

pronstar

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get one of those guns that never run out of bullets like I see on TV they never have to reload [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

They aren’t on the roster so they’re illegal in CA [emoji3517]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Funny ass shit though...
Fox news radio break today: "If you see a bright light in the sky, don't look at it." "Two near miss, near earth objects are expected to come close enough to break up across our atmosphere"

Well that's a fine mess...the sky really is falling!

...and there's no toilet paper.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Really bummed this thread turned out the way it did, no more updates on Rifle the dog. :(

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
It’s funny that the further right your political beliefs are the less you believe the virus is serious. If anything it will be interesting to see what was warranted and true and what was unnecessary down the road.

QQs, now that we are 5.5 months down the road, who is more correct with regard to Covid killing millions of people in the US, the left or the right? As well, who is more correct about about the impact on hospitals, the left or the right? I could could go on, but its plainly clear for all that the right has been right, continues to be right and unless something is happening we dont know about, will always be right about this overblown flu.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
QQs, now that we are 5.5 months down the road, who is more correct with regard to Covid killing millions of people in the US, the left or the right? As well, who is more correct about about the impact on hospitals, the left or the right? I could could go on, but its plainly clear for all that the right has been right, continues to be right and unless something is happening we dont know about, will always be right about this overblown flu.

I think you’re just as wrong with your beliefs today as you were 5 months ago. You will discount any information that doesn’t support your agenda as fake or politicized. Theres absolutely no point in having a discussion with anyone as polarized as yourself.

I know people who have gotten very sick and I know people that have died. I don’t believe the economy should he closed but I do think their should be some safety measures installed with social distancing. Being careful, washing hands, less contact. I don’t think there has ever been a clear message on that or anything for that matter. The stimulus will have damaging effects on our dollar that can never be reversed. People think houses are worth more money? No. The dollar is worth less. We are experiencing hyper inflation. Our economy is forever fucked because if it. Pretty soon peso’s will have more value. [emoji849]

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I think you’re just as wrong with your beliefs today as you were 5 months ago. You will discount any information that doesn’t support your agenda as fake or politicized. Theres absolutely no point in having a discussion with anyone as polarized as yourself.

I know people who have gotten very sick and I know people that have died. I don’t believe the economy should he closed but I do think their should be some safety measures installed with social distancing. Being careful, washing hands, less contact. I don’t think there has ever been a clear message on that or anything for that matter. The stimulus will have damaging effects on our dollar that can never be reversed. People think houses are worth more money? No. The dollar is worth less. We are experiencing hyper inflation. Our economy is forever fucked because if it. Pretty soon peso’s will have more value. [emoji849]

.020504% of people have died in OC, that's a fact not a belief.

No one has said it's fake.

If seeking facts and truth is an agenda, sign me up.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Reaction score
.020504% of people have died in OC, that's a fact not a belief.

No one has said it's fake.

If seeking facts and truth is an agenda, sign me up.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

What you cant prove is whether or not lives were saved by closing down and what the outcome would have been.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
What you cant prove is whether or not lives were saved by closing down and what the outcome would have been.

???????????
so have you and your family stayed inside the house for the last 5 months??

Outdrive1

Reaction score
???????????
so have you and your family stayed inside the house for the last 5 months??

No. What difference does that make?

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
No. What difference does that make?

you're alive, have not contacted the dreaded virus, but have gone about your daily business, just like EVERYONE IN THE WORLD HAS....

to answer your question...

no lives where saved during this Pandemic by staying home, because NO ONE STAYED HOME... daily lives were ongoing... some people worked, some peoples job were postponed and still are postponed..

its a virus, it will never go away... everyone will get it... just like the "FLU" which people get each year...

Outdrive1

Reaction score
you're alive, have not contacted the dreaded virus, but have gone about your daily business, just like EVERYONE IN THE WORLD HAS....

to answer your question...

no lives where saved during this Pandemic by staying home, because NO ONE STAYED HOME... daily lives were ongoing... some people worked, some peoples job were postponed and still are postponed..

its a virus, it will never go away... everyone will get it... just like the "FLU" which people get each year...

What does that have to do with the outcome being different if they didn’t close California down? Im not saying it was right or wrong, I’m saying you cant prove the outcome wouldn’t have been different either way.

Backlash

Reaction score
So, as of today, there have been approximately 159,000 deaths reportedly due to C-19 in the U.S. Plus or minus because we cannot guarantee the accuracy of these numbers. So let's "Assume" that number is correct (Which I highly doubt is the case).

I did a little digging on the CDC website and came across this PDF with stats from 2017. I know, it's a few years old. But it still will help show where this all fits together. Instead of attaching 77 pages, I simply screen shot page 6. Look at the number of deaths in the U.S. in 2017.

Screenshot_20200804-123857_Drive.jpg

Why didn't we shut down the economy in 2017 due to all of the "Accidental unintentional deaths?" 🤔 Think of how many lives we could have saved if people had "Stayed home." 🙄

Why didnt we shut the economy down then, to "Save lives?" Because. That's why.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

What can be proved is that the entire economy that was booming is destroyed.
Here’s a fun fact...people die. Everyone dies.

Here’s another fun fact.
We have completely uprooted education from top to bottom, destroyed all semblance of normalcy in every walk of life, put millions out of work, divided the populace into yet another class warfare (mask clingers vs non maskers) added in total anarchy as a matter of policy in lib run cities because one criminal killed another criminal.
And all due to what??
158K deaths of which probably close to AT LEAST 30% are miscategorized to obtain covid cash for hospitals.
Or to put that in perspective 1.5 times the amount of people that attended wrestlmania 3.

Yes, losing loved ones sucks. Everyone on here has gone through that in some way.
But for the love of god this insanity has to end.
What will the next crisis be??

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
What does that have to do with the outcome being different if they didn’t close California down? Im not saying it was right or wrong, I’m saying you cant prove the outcome wouldn’t have been different either way.

OD, I'm just saying, nothing was shut down but jobs. 90% of the people went about their daily lives....

our current stats are a minimum 90% accurate.

we all will contract this virus.... hopefully everyone will have a positive outcome..

let another disease kick our ASS...

no one gets out of here ALIVE!!!!

ENJOY LIFE, we only live once!!!

Outdrive1

Reaction score
OD, I'm just saying, nothing was shut down but jobs. 90% of the people went about their daily lives....

our current stats are a minimum 90% accurate.

we all will contract this virus.... hopefully everyone will have a positive outcome..

let another disease kick our ASS...

no one gets out of here ALIVE!!!!

ENJOY LIFE, we only live once!!!

Gotcha. True.