WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No Joke! This is where we’re headed so you better start taking this serious!

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Ok so this morning at 0430 I got a text from my buddy in Pennsylvania. I will post the link to the text he sent me about Italy. You better listen and take this shit seriously and quit fucking around. My buddy (who is no conspiracy theorist) use to work at the pentagon and now works at home as a contractor that does military purchasing. So this morning after listening to the podcast he sent me I called him. I said so what’s going on? He said you need to make sure you have all your supplies and be ready for a lockdown soon. He said point blank this is not going away in a couple weeks this is probably going to be the norm for possibly the next 6 months! I was debating wether to even post this because of all our resident conspiracy theorist that think this is all a government conspiracy and I also didn’t want to add to the mass hysteria. Here it is folks no joke take it for what it’s worth. This is something I certainly don’t want to be right on but my source is very reliable. Get on board and take care of yourself and your families.
Also one other thing I don’t know Blackmagic94 from Adam. I have see a bunch of you on here attacking him for being doom and gloom, but the shit he keeps telling us ends up coming true. Not sure what he does but it seems like he has some inside info. You people better start listening and take all this info in and do what’s best for you and your family. I’m a happy go lucky guy in general and don’t ever by into to this type of stuff. I think it will never happen to me but when certain people speak and tell you things it’s time to listen.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I listened to the pod cast. Very 'dramatic' in presentation. Very produced.
Im not down playing anything but it was not what i expected.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
I listened to the pod cast. Very 'dramatic' in presentation. Very produced.
Im not down playing anything but it was not what i expected.

Again I would love to be wrong on this and be able to call my buddy in a couple weeks or even in a month and say. Hey asshole you were wrong and made me look like a fool on RDP, but unfortunately I don’t think that’s going to happen. Take out of it what you want and do what’s best for you and your family.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, I've heard some things as well. Like you, I don't want to believe it. Also like you, have family in the mix. Living in the hills, trapping or hunting, is an easy thing for an individual. Whole new deal with the wife and kids, not much an option. Food and water...and get some board games and such for the kids. Get some extra bales for the ponies too. If you need a hand stacking or moving stuff, give me a call. We "think" we're ready, and ducks in a row. No one really knows until it's all played out, and the things settle into a norm.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I agree. It's not good and I'll be honest I'm a little scared. Scared for everyone. It's not going to be whether or not you know someone with it but how many people you know with it....or even yourself.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
I dont doubt it will be around for 6 months. But i dont think each and every city will be basically closed for 6 months.
If it goes 6 months then i may need to borrow a gun from someone

We’re all headed into uncharted territory. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Just be a ready as possible for anything. We’re only human and the government can only control so much good or bad.

gqchris

Reaction score
Everything people like Blackmagic have said have come true. RD told us about the school shutdown. Why does it suprise everyone? This shit is happening and its just getting worse by the minute.

If I was single, I would have loaded up for the desert and been self sustaining there. But the wife is not fond at all of that idea. Its going to take looting and riots to drag her away. So im stuck defending the castle here. Not the position I want to be in right now to be honest.

Since I compromised, I told her the minute I say the word and its getting shitty, she and daughter better be in the RV loaded and ready. Im not fucking around at that time.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Well either way this plays out I know 3 things for sure,
1-The argument by the left for socialized healthcare is now full of holes.
2-The argument for un-vetted, open border migration is full of holes
3-I have always been well prepared with food, cash, guns and ammo and if anyone one tries to take any of it or harm myself or my wife they will find themselves full of holes too.😀

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It’s funny that the further right your political beliefs are the less you believe the virus is serious. If anything it will be interesting to see what was warranted and true and what was unnecessary down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Your going to trust China numbers when the are expelling American journalists? They have been lying about this from the start.

Has nothing to do with China numbers.
And no, I don’t believe a word they say.
And frankly, I don’t believe a word that the majority of “our” so called journalists say, and am amazed that we have “journalists” there to start with.
I do, however, believe the first hand accounts of fiends and relatives in Asian countries that say day to day life is returning to normal. I do believe that a dozen or more independent entities have developed a 24 hour test over the last 7 days or so.
I do believe that this is a flu strain with high potential if left unchecked, but that “unchecked” is the last applicable description one could suggest to describe our current situation.
I believe that we are cutting the throat of our own Nation with over reaction to a very real situation.
I believe that our enemies now know that it doesn’t take a nuclear weapon to wipe us out, it only takes a flu virus to bring us to our knees.
This shit is insane.
We do NOT need to commit national economic suicide to stop and contain a significant viral outbreak.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I am all for being careful and I have tried to be. My mom is turning 80 in a few weeks and I think we are cancelling her party, no point in putting her health at risk.

HavIng said that, look at the people who have passed away in this article. For the most part, elderly, elderly with health issues or people who have a history of health issues. If you are any of these, you need to quarantine yourself.

CNN by the way.

sintax

Reaction score
Fuck.
I’d better go pick up more beer on the way home.
Maybe a chicken or two also.

those costco chickens are where its at. grab me a couple while you're at it. oh BTW, I followed you out of the community last week and I think you got a tail light out in the truck.

I was going to grab a turkey to smoke this weekend, i saw some at albertsons when I was down there today.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with China numbers.
And no, I don’t believe a word they say.
And frankly, I don’t believe a word that the majority of “our” so called journalists say, and am amazed that we have “journalists” there to start with.
I do, however, believe the first hand accounts of fiends and relatives in Asian countries that say day to day life is returning to normal. I do believe that a dozen or more independent entities have developed a 24 hour test over the last 7 days or so.
I do believe that this is a flu strain with high potential if left unchecked, but that “unchecked” is the last applicable description one could suggest.
I believe that we are cutting the throat of our own Nation with over reaction to a very real situation.
I believe that our enemies now know that it doesn’t take a nuclear weapon to wipe us out, it only takes a flu virus to bring us to our knees.
This shit is insane.
We do NOT need to commit national suicide to stop and contain a significant viral outbreak.

Really well said. But it's not just us who are on their knees right now it's the entire globe. Except Russia who seems to either be lying about cases or issuing cures with kalishnakovs. I said it in the beginning that economic collapse was my largest concern and we are well on our way. All of that said I really don't want this to be as bad as some of the things I am hearing...

Gelcoater

Reaction score
those costco chickens are where its at. grab me a couple while you're at it. oh BTW, I followed you out of the community last week and I think you got a tail light out in the truck.

I was going to grab a turkey to smoke this weekend, i saw some at albertsons when I was down there today.
Albertsons had lots of meat today.
No paper, no waters other than the high end artesian stuff.
No potato’s or cabbage for the corned beef I picked up so I guess we do leprechaun day in a day or three.
I know a boat racer raising pigs less than 5 miles from us. And, while it’s not super great there’s a goat farm out behind the orchards south east of us.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I really hope you're right.
...but I'd rather not be caught with my pants down.
Bottom line is, everyone should do what they feel comfortable doing.

I’ve been “prepared” my whole life.
I ain’t yore average “prepper”.
Most of what people do to “prepare” I disagree with.
I don’t understand why people hoard anything...ammo in particular.
How many actual firefights does the average poster on here figure they will engage in? Do they think they will win every one of them?
News flash, if you have more ammo than you can carry yore probably gonna lose your first firefight...unless you’re part of an extremely organized militia.
Even if they win that first firefight, do they think it’s gonna be some sort of endless Armageddon??
Say a guy has 1000 rounds at all times, that’s a normal number for many.
Now times that by number of different caliber weapons in possession.
Let’s just say the dude has 5000 rounds total for 5 different weapons.
Now, said hero has NEVER drawn down on a human being. Hell, he may not have ever actually killed anything before.
Lets imagine that the zombie horde of looters or whoever this imagined enemy is comes invading and threatning the hero’s family and, God forbid, wants to steal his toilet paper.
Hero draws down on that first living person and squeezes. Well, he’s now a murderer.
Lets say he’s not bothered by it much and gets to killing.
Even if he only puts 1 in 10 rounds on target (if he has the stomach for it) that’s still 500 bodies by the time he’s exhausted his ammo cache.. Do you see the problem with the math here? Is the hero gonna sit in his perch unscathed and unmolested and, more importantly, unarrested with 500 bodies laying in the yard?? How long would that even take?

Has no one read the books of people that have actually gone through real life collapses?? Real life defense from looting hordes?
Put down the prepper books and read how actual everyday people have made it through.

Last edited:

HotRod82

Reaction score
Don't panic yet folks.....according to Johns / Hopkins, the global death toll is just shy of 8000. Even if the China numbers are false and low, there is no reason not to trust the numbers out of Europe. The planet has 8 BILLION people on it, Covid 19 has been around at least since November. Remember at least 97 out of every 100 people infected fully recover. The elderly should take every precaution, but at least 97% of the rest of us will be fine.....the sky is not falling, turn off the news.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Jesus Christ guys knock it off!! Every time something big happens there is always somebody that wants to feel important and “in the know.” When a war kicks off there is always that neighbor who has “a buddy’s buddy’s friends cousin that is a Navy Seal who told him who told me blah blah”. Shut the fuck up! You don’t fucking know anybody that works at the fucking pentagon or ever did work at the fucking pentagon. Stop spreading this bullshit.
Everybody just needs to live their lives and we will get through this. If it’s a fucking terrorist attack then so be it. If it’s a virus then so be it. If a fucking monkey shit into some Kung Pao chicken and somebody ate it and now the world is infected then so be it. No matter how this happened or why this happened it doesn’t change one fucking thing on the way us common joe blows are going to handle it. So seriously, stop spreading bullshit about your imaginary friend at the fucking pentagon and go wash your hands and watch more Jack Ryan episodes.

white tortilla

Reaction score
I got this text earlier from a friend.
D2BA7FDD-9E98-476E-926C-F0E6960AA1E0.png

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Jesus Christ guys knock it off!! Every time something big happens there is always somebody that wants to feel important and “in the know.” When a war kicks off there is always that neighbor who has “a buddy’s buddy’s friends cousin that is a Navy Seal who told him who told me blah blah”. Shut the fuck up! You don’t fucking know anybody that works at the fucking pentagon or ever did work at the fucking pentagon. Stop spreading this bullshit.
Everybody just needs to live their lives and we will get through this. If it’s a fucking terrorist attack then so be it. If it’s a virus then so be it. If a fucking monkey shit into some Kung Pao chicken and somebody ate it and now the world is infected then so be it. No matter how this happened or why this happened it doesn’t change one fucking thing on the way us common joe blows are going to handle it. So seriously, stop spreading bullshit about your imaginary friend at the fucking pentagon and go wash your hands and watch more Jack Ryan episodes.

listen dumb fuck! If you don’t like what i wrote that’s fine but don’t ever call me a liar you fuck!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Really well said. But it's not just us who are on their knees right now it's the entire globe. Except Russia who seems to either be lying about cases or issuing cures with kalishnakovs. I said it in the beginning that economic collapse was my largest concern and we are well on our way. All of that said I really don't want this to be as bad as some of the things I am hearing...

Define “on their knees”...and is it the virus or the reactions that lead to being “on their knees”?
I’m not trying at all to minimize the potential of a viral outbreak such as this one, I’m just saying that suicide is no way to avoid death.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
It’s funny that the further right your political beliefs are the less you believe the virus is serious. If anything it will be interesting to see what was warranted and true and what was unnecessary down the road.

I don't believe that to be true at all. What I'm seeing is those that lean right generally don't accept information they're given without some sort of research to make sure it's not bullshit. Everyone I know that leans left will blindly accept most things they hear or read.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Ok cowboy!!! I gotta go by buddy is calling from the CIA, standby for the inside scoop!!!!
Listen man this is serious, I was a Navy Walrus, we were almost like the Seals but a little fatter!!! I know the scoop man my dads uncles brother was a plumber at the White House and he heard Obama planning this whole virus attack!!!

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Ok cowboy!!! I gotta go by buddy is calling from the CIA, standby for the inside scoop!!!!

Its dumbfucks like you that are the reason a lot of us aren’t posting here much anymore! Anyone on here that’s knows me knows I’m as honest as the day is long. Honest to a fault. Why fuck would I make his shit up? Here you come out of know where calling me a liar. Your a real quality poster and a real asset to RDP! 🖕

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I don't believe that to be true at all. What I'm seeing is those that lean right generally don't accept information they're given without some sort of research to make sure it's not bullshit. Everyone I know that leans left will blindly accept most things they hear or read.

I think you just said the same thing I said. Lol.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Listen man this is serious, I was a Navy Walrus, we were almost like the Seals but a little fatter!!! I know the scoop man my dads uncles brother was a plumber at the White House and he heard Obama planning this whole virus attack!!!
Uncalled for🤨🙄

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Its dumbfucks like you that are the reason a lot of us aren’t posting here much anymore! Anyone on here that’s knows me knows I’m as honest as the day is long. Honest to a fault. Why fuck would I make his shit up? Here you come out of know where calling me a liar. Your a real quality poster and a real asset to RDP! 🖕
You’re right sir I shouldn’t have intimated that you were a liar. You posted that your buddy simply referred you to a podcast which is fine. The part where I was smelling bullshit is when you added that he worked at the pentagon and was now some kind of military contractor etc etc as to somehow legitimize the accuracy of a podcast he had nothing to do with producing. If your buddy who referred you to a podcast was a construction worker I don’t think that would have been mentioned because somehow the fact that he “used to work at the pentagon blah blah” would tend to make your post seem more sexy right? I shouldn’t have said a word and just continued feeding my fat face.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
This is why they’re freaking out in Philly...why would they announce this?

This is just one more reason why 2A matters...

View attachment 855761

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-study-idUKKBN2143PW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WTF.. Washington county in oregon has released more then 120 people from jail so the can make room to only have 1 person per cell.. also said the jail has plunty of COVID-19 test on site. They also just said they are only booking major felonys at this time as to not increase the jail population. They are letting all other criminals off with just a fine!! FFS

They have plunty of test kits for the criminals in jail but most samaritans are having a hard time getting test.. WTF is wrong with our system??

THANKS KATE BROWN!!

I posted this in another thread. But thought I'd post it here as a reply to your post also.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I get texts from buddies all day long forwarding all kinds of doomsday corona bullshit. Mostly Facebook posts and what not.
Bottom line today is that the numbers (even globally) do not support the doomsday projections.
Is it significant? Yes.
Are inroads being made? Yes.
Closing things for 2 weeks is probably a good thing.
Staying home for 2 weeks is probably a good thing. (I’ve been home 6 weeks now)

Is it going to get a lot worse? Statistically maybe due to higher testing volume, but realistically probably not due to the jump we had on it as compared to source Nations.

As I stated, Bottom line is that the numbers currently do not support a projection of a 6 month plague type scenario.
Considering the recent trend of reversal in Asian countries (China’s ambiguity aside) and the wave of domestic testing development, I suggest that we will have control of this faster than the earlier affected countries...comparatively speaking.
A bigger concern to me is what will follow?

conspiracies aside, what is painfully obvious is that it doesn't take much to cripple this country when the media, both “news” and social based, control the masses.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
You’re right sir I shouldn’t have intimated that you were a liar. You posted that your buddy simply referred you to a podcast which is fine. The part where I was smelling bullshit is when you added that he worked at the pentagon and was now some kind of military contractor etc etc as to somehow legitimize the accuracy of a podcast he had nothing to do with producing. If your buddy who referred you to a podcast was a construction worker I don’t think that would have been mentioned because somehow the fact that he “used to work at the pentagon blah blah” would tend to make your post seem more sexy right? I shouldn’t have said a word and just continued feeding my fat face.

Or made another thread on how to fix your overheating boat....lol

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Fucking boat!!!! Finally got it figured it though. Head gasket, fucking head gasket! I should have listened and never bought the 496.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Fucking boat!!!! Finally got it figured it though. Head gasket, fucking head gasket! I should have listened and never bought the 496.
And since you are reviewing my posts I don’t believe I have ever initiated a post on here that wasn’t boat related. Correct me if I’m wrong. I have responded to plenty of non boat related posts on here and sometimes I am a dick. I will work on that. Or maybe I will just stick to asking boating questions on here and always thanking everyone for their help.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@was thatguy , I have a feeling my concept of "prepper" may be somewhat in line with your concept. Being prepared, in my eyes, is having food and meds to sustain the family for a given length of time. Do I have firearms, yes, but they really aren't for the zombie apocalypse. What would be ready to grab would be far from a tactical piece. The main concept is to "ride out the storm". If it comes to defending my kids, yes, I would risk all the consequences.

I moved 100 miles from a major metropolitan area for many reasons. One of which was to increase the odds of survival in the event of a financial meltdown. My last house was in an area I had dreamed of living in. I fought tooth and nail to hang on to it. It being a nice area, made homes there a target when things got bad. Home invasions happened, car jackings, etc... Population density has a lot to do with bad things happening.

The virus from China is far from the thing to fear. Millions of years have dealt many. Now, too many people depend on a fragile economy and a currently weakened supply chain. The aftermath caused by the economy being shut down will create a different type of zombie. The greater the population, the more zombies you may see. The cities will have issues, and I feel bad for the first responders and medical staff.

rrrr

Reaction score
Ok so this morning at 0430 I got a text from my buddy in Pennsylvania. I will post the link to the text he sent me about Italy. You better listen and take this shit seriously and quit fucking around. My buddy (who is no conspiracy theorist) use to work at the pentagon and now works at home as a contractor that does military purchasing. So this morning after listening to the podcast he sent me I called him. I said so what’s going on? He said you need to make sure you have all your supplies and be ready for a lockdown soon. He said point blank this is not going away in a couple weeks this is probably going to be the norm for possibly the next 6 months! I was debating wether to even post this because of all our resident conspiracy theorist that think this is all a government conspiracy and I also didn’t want to add to the mass hysteria. Here it is folks no joke take it for what it’s worth. This is something I certainly don’t want to be right on but my source is very reliable. Get on board and take care of yourself and your families.
Also one other thing I don’t know Blackmagic94 from Adam. I have see a bunch of you on here attacking him for being doom and gloom, but the shit he keeps telling us ends up coming true. Not sure what he does but it seems like he has some inside info. You people better start listening and take all this info in and do what’s best for you and your family. I’m a happy go lucky guy in general and don’t ever by into to this type of stuff. I think it will never happen to me but when certain people speak and tell you things it’s time to listen.

Blackmagic is like you, making some ridiculous statements, then passing it along as fact. His claim three days ago that Spring Break and Desert Storm have been "officially cancelled" is bullshit. YOU are adding to the mass hysteria.

What qualifications does your 'buddy" have to make the statement this will last six months? How does working at the Pentagon and in "military purchasing" give him information no one else has?

Why is some random podcast to be believed?

Get a fucking grip on yourself.

Last edited: