WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

no more masks....per CDC

USMC2010

Reaction score
I am in Georgetown, Tx to see my new baby granddaughter. Home Depot, Walmart are not enforcing anything. Navy Federal Credit Union still requires masks. I am seeing more maskless than my last visit but a crap load of people are still wearing them, good on em, they don't work.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I am in Georgetown, Tx to see my new baby granddaughter. Home Depot, Walmart are not enforcing anything. Navy Federal Credit Union still requires masks. I am seeing more maskless than my last visit but a crap load of people are still wearing them, good on em, they don't work.
Hey now. Georgetown is a cool place. There is a crane factory there I used to represent

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Wife and I went to Lowes last night and they removed the "masks required" signs that were on the entry doors. When we went inside, some people still wearing them and some not. To each his own. Like it said above, "you take care of you, I take care of me". Anyways, it felt good to be able to walk inside without that thing on. Nothing I hated worse than forgetting it in the truck and having to run back and get the fukn thing.

Singleton

Reaction score
All the big stores in CA are still requiring. SD country will require masks until at least June 15
I walk into small business and ask, most say no need unless you want to. Shopping at small shops now :)

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
You don't know anything about me, nor do you know anything about what it is I know, might know, have known, am familiar with, or what it is I have been formally trained with. You have zero clue, and therefor have no way of comparing me to a Home Depot shopping cart retriever. With that being said, you can politely take your uneducated opinion and drop it off on somebody else's front doorstep (Who might give a shit).

I wear a seatbelt because it is something I choose to do, not solely because you told me to do it. And yes, they have also been proven to save lives, which is another reason that I choose to wear it.

Just because you choose to compare yourself to an overweight, sloppy uneducated big box store shopping cart retriever doesn't mean I will do the same. Pull your head out of your gaping liberal ass, make some attempt to educate yourself on the simple things in life, and you may just surprise yourself.

Regardless, stay in your lane pal. With or without your seatbelt. I don't give a fuck. 😁🖕
10 Stars for you!!! Bravo, Bravo. Stick it in your ASS!!!! RodnJen

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No one was wearing masks in the gun shop yesterday :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I went to Home Depot Sunday with no mask. No weird looks and no comments from the staff.

just_floatin

Reaction score
No one was wearing masks in the gun shop yesterday :)
I would strongly advise, never walk into a gun shop wearing the following attire.
1F3EC475-5CE0-46DF-87E3-BD2B11F7B84F.jpeg

F32C92B0-915E-49D0-890D-A3CF1CA91633.jpeg

gmnhra

Reaction score
Nashville last weekend. Lower Broadway....thousands out, all the bars packed...no masks...
even uber guy said we were good to go w/o masks...

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
In the DRIVE THROUGH?! Fuck that! They arent in your car. Your car, your rules. That one is beyond dumb.

Yep, in the drive thru. ZERO contact, she was behind a plastic shield, payment via Iphone.
I would of driven off, but I needed my coffee and donuts in the morning. They lost my business until June 15th.... LOL

wet hull

Reaction score
Went to Home Depot in vista yesterday forced to wear a mask. Ca mask mandate is still in place. Likely all business will continue to follow it in ca
For real? South Melrose? I haven't worn 1 in months at that store even talking to store GM. They do have access to my Pro account. Maybe thats why 😁

Reactions: DWC

badgas

Reaction score
I have never worn a mask in Havasu at Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart , Bashas , Havasu Hardware or any restaurant other than Turtle. No one has ever said a word to me. At home in OC I have stopped wearing at Home depot and so far the last 3 times no one has said a word. Never at liquor stores becasue they dont give a crap they would take your cash if walked in with puke all over you : )

My local Ralphs still has a lot of fear so I just put it on around the mouth only never ever over the nose because there is this oxygen stuff that hear is good for you.

End this BS already it NEVER worked.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Not so fast.

Fao Chi changes his position once again.

View attachment 1003800

The BS is ramping up. Santa Clara County passed an ordinance last evening stating businesses must now report vaccination status of employees who work or will work within the county. Should get interesting regarding health privacy laws. My employer had stated due to HIPPA laws, vaccination status is confidential and they were not going to ask status. Are these businesses going to lay down because of a stupid county ordinance or will they push back?

Reactions: DWC

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Employers also can’t require vaccinations that are approved through the Emergency Use Authorization, per federal law.

Of course, this little tidbit of info is being buried…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
My company just released a statement to all employees that they will not be confirming vaccination status. Although it is a resonable expectation that if we haven’t been vaccinated that we continue social distancing and self administer rapid tests when traveling outside the region or unfamiliar places before returning to the workplace.

They provided self tests free of charge to anyone that wants them for the foreseeable future.

I think it’s a reasonable response to the situation that leaves the decision to the employee while also protecting themselves to a small degree, I dunno.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
My company just released a statement to all employees that they will not be confirming vaccination status. Although it is a resonable expectation that if we haven’t been vaccinated that we continue social distancing and self administer rapid tests when traveling outside the region or unfamiliar places before returning to the workplace.

They provided self tests free of charge to anyone that wants them for the foreseeable future.

I think it’s a reasonable response to the situation that leaves the decision to the employee while also protecting themselves to a small degree, I dunno.
Pretty much the same with my company. They do want everyone vaxed but they aren't as yet requiring it.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
They are going to lose that lawsuit. Big time.

Just like all the other lawsuits they lost......

The BS is ramping up. Santa Clara County passed an ordinance last evening stating businesses must now report vaccination status of employees who work or will work within the county. Should get interesting regarding health privacy laws. My employer had stated due to HIPPA laws, vaccination status is confidential and they were not going to ask status. Are these businesses going to lay down because of a stupid county ordinance or will they push back?

Private companies should not even attempt to ask or confirm. They will come down on the wrong side of history on that one.....

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that all these government COVID mandates that have occurred over the last year are just now being litigated or the litigation is now finalized. For the most part all of these so called "laws" or "regulations" pertaining to COVID have been found to be unconstitutional or unenforceable.

That is right. All these so called COVID rules were illegal.

While it is too late for this round, it is important to note that what might be allowed in the future.

Furthermore any private entity (and public entity as it pertains to their employees) will NOT be allowed to ask their employees/patrons their immunization status. That is private medical information and does not have to be given without consent. I know some will still do mandate it but when that court case is finally litigated that is an automatic lose for the party asking that questions.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
While traveling to Arizona last month I found it interesting that most people out of state do NOT wear a mask. I estimated 80% did not wear one. And nothing bad has happened. Actually quite the contrary things are getting better.

Contrast that to where I live in California, specially the Bay Area, where 90% still wear a mask to this day. (even while half are vaccinated) LOL And they have no plans to end the mask mandate anytime soon.

Smartest virus ever........ It knows the difference between the masked states and unmasked states.

And in the Bay Area they are talking about making the vaccine mandatory to do anything, work , enter a business, school. They are talking about actively discriminating against the unvaccinated.

They are missing the point entirely. If someone is vaccinated and therefore immune, why do they care if someone else does not have a vaccine or not, as it does NOT affect them.

RCDave

Reaction score
While traveling to Arizona last month I found it interesting that most people out of state do NOT wear a mask. I estimated 80% did not wear one. And nothing bad has happened. Actually quite the contrary things are getting better.

Contrast that to where I live in California, specially the Bay Area, where 90% still wear a mask to this day. (even while half are vaccinated) LOL And they have no plans to end the mask mandate anytime soon.

Smartest virus ever........ It knows the difference between the masked states and unmasked states.

And in the Bay Area they are talking about making the vaccine mandatory to do anything, work , enter a business, school. They are talking about actively discriminating against the unvaccinated.

They are missing the point entirely. If someone is vaccinated and therefore immune, why do they care if someone else does not have a vaccine or not, as it does NOT affect them.

Once the sheep are coral'd behind the iron curtain, its easy to keep em that way! FB_IMG_1621459429148.jpg
FB_IMG_1621459429148.jpg

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
As I understand it, once a vax has been FDA approved (rigorously tested over time), and not under emergency waivers, your employer can require it.

But the current vaxxes aren’t even FDA approved…

DWC

Reaction score
As I understand it, once a vax has been FDA approved (rigorously tested over time), and not under emergency waivers, your employer can require it.

But the current vaxxes aren’t even FDA approved…

Sounds good. HR, legal and executive leadership teams at every company are struggling on this one. Large companies will see weekly updates to policy if not more often. What a shit show.

attitude

Reaction score
No, because we've been wearing masks, physically distancing and being diligent about handwashing.
I had what I thought was a cold, but I got tested and was positive. False positive or is covid only as bad as a light cold?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

You mean EXACTLY what the state is doing to the kids for all their vaccines? Making it almost impossible to get a medical exemption. What the fear is though, I dunno if all the other kids have it already.

Dalton

Reaction score
No, because we've been wearing masks, physically distancing and being diligent about handwashing.

I’ve heard that’s why there weren’t many cases of the flu, so masks can prevent the flu but not Covid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RodnJen

Reaction score
I’ve heard that’s why there weren’t many cases of the flu, so masks can prevent the flu but not Covid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prevent, no. Reduce the likelihood, yes.