WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No more off roading on the island?

PlanB

Reaction score
Reading on the Havasu community page that LE is enforcing a 5 MPH speed limit on the island trails with no off road vehicles allowed. With the amount of people ripping around out there, and the new housing being built, I saw this coming. The island is under a constant dirt cloud and I am betting the home owners finally put pressure on the city to shut it down. Not sure how this will effect on-road registered SXS's if you want to slowly cruise down to the water.

riverroyal

Reaction score
shit. Being a island resident that would suck.
Link?

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
shit. Being a island resident that would suck.
Link?

saw this on FB this morning 😬

103D960A-5A03-4356-BEF6-F156F49F2F3D.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Having seen several accidents with sxs's it's easy to see why.

riverroyal

Reaction score
The island is pretty easy to F up in a SxS. You dont need to follow a trail, its very very easy to go TOO fast. Its super slippery also, getting sideways is fun but thats how you roll

DLC

Reaction score
Sounds like the people paying big $$$$ to live in a track Home w/ zero lot lines are complaining....

they need to be careful, because when they want to go rally their golf cart, rzr or kids motorcycle they will then get popped.

Dont Crap in my back yard..... BUT I want to crap in my back yard.

PlanB

Reaction score
Sounds like the people paying big $$$$ to live in a track Home w/ zero lot lines are complaining....

they need to be careful, because when they want to go rally their golf cart, rzr or kids motorcycle they will then get popped.

I am sure that is exactly what happened.

sintax

Reaction score

nailed it

River Runnin

Reaction score
Well That's just fuk'n racist!! .... The dirt was there first! 🙂

Reactions: DWC

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

A very California-like NIMBY reaction🙄

Taboma

Reaction score
OK, here's the actual LHC ordinance 10.20.020 paraphrased above. This ordinance should the city decide to police and enforce it, encompasses far more areas being used for local offroading than just the island. One example being the entire wash area south of Chenoweth and any neighborhood access deemed to be ' non-designated' .
I think the point being, once any of these dirt areas within city limits becomes a nuisance, for any number of reasons and home owners start complaining, enforcement is likely to follow.

lakehavasucity-Ordinance 10.20.020.jpg

LHC wash area-2.jpg

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ I was thinking the same thing. Right now it's the island, but there is a lot of places inside the city where people take their SXS's.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
OK, here's the actual LHC ordinance 10.20.020 paraphrased above. This ordinance should the city decide to police and enforce it, encompasses far more areas being used for local offroading than just the island. One example being the entire wash area south of Chenoweth and any neighborhood access deemed to be ' non-designated' .
I think the point being, once any of these dirt areas within city limits becomes a nuisance, for any number of reasons and home owners start complaining, enforcement is likely to follow.

View attachment 936578

View attachment 936580

Very true. They seem to be targeting the island specifically, which I get. Eventually people are going to be tired of SXS driving right by their backyards in other parts of the city.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
The other day it was real bad on the island. The dust from the sxs was so bad it was crossing the bridge and when I got home I could see it from the house. I do some off roading out there I don't see a need to cause that much dust(aka donuts) on purpose.

DLC

Reaction score
The people off roading on the island COULD very well be the people buying houses on the island. If I wanted to go zip around in my sxs I’m not thinking head to the island.

jones performance

Reaction score
cant say im surprised. the last couple times i went down to the water in the island there were a bunch of idiots in sxs's. hauling ass on the road and then turning right and sending it off into the dirt then back on road, donuts like crazy, etc.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The people off roading on the island COULD very well be the people buying houses on the island. If I wanted to go zip around in my sxs I’m not thinking head to the island.
Either that or the people renting there.

It may be just me but it seems really dusty down there.. I'm up at the top of Bison and can see the dust cloud from people in SxS on the island from there. I have always thought that it would become an issue.

franky

Reaction score
Either that or the people renting there.

It may be just me but it seems really dusty down there.. I'm up at the top of Bison and can see the dust cloud from people in SxS on the island from there. I have always thought that it would become an issue.
We few of us had just gotten back from a gorge run and parked on the white sandy beach on the north side of the channel. Two SXS were across the channel in the dirt by the water blasting there crap music. One of them started to pull out and spun the rear wheels a bit in the silty sand. Instead of stopping and putting it in 4WD he floored it and kept in it spinning the rear wheels like crazy and sending a HUGE cloud of dust across the water filling the channel and leaving a film of dust on our boats. So I am not sad about this at all.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Buddy just bought pad in sienna just past nautical or whatever its called, he is on back row next to open land. So many SXS out there at night and huge dust bowl. Be nice hanging out in jacuzzi in a dust cloud.

mbrown2

Reaction score
We few of us had just gotten back from a gorge run and parked on the white sandy beach on the north side of the channel. Two SXS were across the channel in the dirt by the water blasting there crap music. One of them started to pull out and spun the rear wheels a bit in the silty sand. Instead of stopping and putting it in 4WD he floored it and kept in it spinning the rear wheels like crazy and sending a HUGE cloud of dust across the water filling the channel and leaving a film of dust on our boats. So I am not sad about this at all.
As with all the cool things Havasu has offered us the idiots ruin it. Copper Canyon on Holiday's, Sand Bar on Holidays, Devils Elbow wake zone....this is just another example....

riverroyal

Reaction score
Buddy just bought pad in sienna just past nautical or whatever its called, he is on back row next to open land. So many SXS out there at night and huge dust bowl. Be nice hanging out in jacuzzi in a dust cloud.
or, as you plan on building the house look up past your shoes and see people make dust the island! Like saying you live on the very southside and you cant drive in desert there.
Yes its dusty, yes its loud. It has been for decades

DLC

Reaction score
I just don’t think people are Like ..... let’s go for a night ride and drive down and cross the bridge to go ride on the island... its mostly Likely the people in the RV parks / neighborhoods on the island.

they are doing a quick turn and burn!

PlanB

Reaction score

That part of the island has been completely shutdown now, at least from the road. There was access from Crazy Horse, but not sure if that has been closed off as well. People are stupid. We used to go down there in our old SXS and Jeep, and we always cruised very slow because I knew the condos right there would call and shut it down if it got too crazy. Well, it got shutdown.

As far as dust on the island, it's been bad. We use a leaf blower to blow it off our boat that is down in the Marina.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I just don’t think people are Like ..... let’s go for a night ride and drive down and cross the bridge to go ride on the island... its mostly Likely the people in the RV parks / neighborhoods on the island.

they are doing a quick turn and burn!
never.

Reactions: DLC

boatnam2

Reaction score
or, as you plan on building the house look up past your shoes and see people make dust the island! Like saying you live on the very southside and you cant drive in desert there.
Yes its dusty, yes its loud. It has been for decades
Yea I hear ya, he didn't say anything so maybe he is fine eating dust.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Yea I hear ya, he didn't say anything so maybe he is fine eating dust.
to be fair, I actually make it effort to keep the down if the wind is headed towards the house. Do the same near the refuge and any houses really.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Similar situation all over town, anywhere near the edge of the desert where there’s a road to dirt transition some people think they’re impressing people by spinning their tires and filling the street in front of peoples homes with rocks.
Some so-called adults have absolutely no control.☹️

Jack wagons are going to ruin it for all of us.😡

jailbird141

Reaction score
As a home owner on the island, I was not aware of anyone complaining about the dust and what not. As a homeowner on the island, I am glad they are limiting the off roading on the island. Seems like this has become an issue just recently, meaning 2020. I am all about off-roading and expect a certain amount of dust and am totally fine with it. In fact, I have used some of these trails to get down to the water and beach on the island. However, its the idiots that think off-roading is doing donuts in the dirt for 20 minutes until there is a dust cloud covering the island. It's the dummies that ran out and bought a SXS, have no experience and give zero consideration to those around the that ruined it. I can go on and on about idiots ruining things, like the sandbar up river, competition hill at Glamis and so on. In time, these same idiots will fade out and things will get back to normal. Just my .02 cents.