WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No More Outdoor Dining in LA

jet496

Reaction score
Because of surging positive cases they shut down outdoor dining now as well. That means all these restaurants that spent a ton on tents, heaters, tables, & chairs just wasted their money. Damn, when does it end?! Maybe it's because of massive testing that wasn't in place before, do you think? Hmmmm

L.A. County reported 9 new COVID-19, deaths and another 2,718 coronavirus cases Sunday, bringing the countywide total to 364,520 cases with 7,438 deaths.

The county recorded a whopping 5,031 new coronavirus cases on Thursday — a new record.

Grappling with a surge in daily infection numbers that’s accelerating faster than ever before, L.A. County also implemented more restrictions on Friday. They included limiting the number of patrons at restaurants and family entertainment centers, as well as restricting hours of operation.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Fuck.
Havasu’s gonna be overrun again.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
5192A362-FF67-4C97-BF79-82DE6274007C.jpeg

MSum661

Reaction score
do you want catastrophic business failures?
because this is how you get catastrophic business failures.

jet496

Reaction score
do you want catastrophic business failures?
because this is how you get catastrophic business failures.
I do believe the government wants to shut small businesses down for whatever reason and I see full lockdowns coming as they talk about record number of covid cases. But seriously, they are pumping out covid tests a million times more than they ever were, so yea, the numbers will go up.

I feel terrible for those businesses. So far, knock on wood, we've had the best year ever though. We're turning work down, even with our contract customers. We'll see what next year brings though when there's 100 million people out of work.

Performance Grips

Reaction score
This will be a 45 day lockdown not 30. It will continue into 2021 no doubt past New years. Tuesday is a big day because of the weekend reporting numbers. If they spike big time like they usually do after all the weekend numbers LA county is going to go full lockdown.

jet496

Reaction score
My SIL in Florida says they all spent the night in a hotel & hit Sea World today. There is no lockdown or restrictions. People will flock there, you watch. I would but can't handle the weather.

HotRod82

Reaction score
It really is like the powers that be are intentionally destroying the economy, especially small businesses that can operate on a cash basis like small restaurants and hair salons. This is becoming obviously nefarious in nature.
IMO - I'd like to see 100% of restaurants close down completely, no take out. Again, IMO, that would outrage the general public to a point where they would have no choice but to open up completely.

jet496

Reaction score
It really is like the powers that be are intentionally destroying the economy, especially small businesses that can operate on a cash basis like small restaurants and hair salons. This is becoming obviously nefarious in nature.
IMO - I'd like to see 100% of restaurants close down completely, no take out. Again, IMO, that would outrage the general public to a point where they would have no choice but to open up completely.
If it's so damn deadly they should shut down everybody, not just make small businesses suffer, who by the way, actually have the ability to control their environment unlike the ones I listed below.

Close grocery stores, Walmart, Home Depot, gas stations (where everybody & anybody touches the handles & keypads), 7-11, etc.

Let's see how the sheep act then.

HotRod82

Reaction score
If it's so damn deadly they should shut down everybody, not just make small businesses suffer, who by the way, actually have the ability to control their environment unlike the ones I listed below.

Close grocery stores, Walmart, Home Depot, gas stations (where everybody & anybody touches the handles & keypads), 7-11, etc.

Let's see how the sheep act then.

EXACTLY.

The very notion that it is safe to be at Wal-Mart and NOT safe to be at the local pizza joint is so absurd it makes me embarrassed for all the sheep who believe this BS. Close everything, or close nothing.....either of these at least has some logic to it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
EXACTLY.

The very notion that it is safe to be at Wal-Mart and NOT safe to be at the local pizza joint is so absurd it makes me embarrassed for all the sheep who believe this BS. Close everything, or close nothing.....either of these at least has some logic to it.

My favorite part is how covid knows when you stand up in the restaurant and especially at the bar.
You can safely sit shoulder to shoulder with strangers no mask required, but stand up to walk to the bathroom and Covid knows!!

Seriously, how the fuck does anybody fall for this shit?

Hammer

Reaction score
Are they going to shut down the street side and parking lot taco trucks all over LA County? It’s not fair that restaurant owners have to shut down but the street vendors get to make a living...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
EXACTLY.

wife and I were talking about this last night.
only logical thought, you don’t stand still in a retail store, only moving isle to isle. Indoor dining you are sitting in one spot for an hour.

now if you ask me, it is all due to how they execute trace testing. I have heard the first question is related to restaurants/bars. If you say yes, they stop. So maybe it’s the trace testing questions and how they are asked that is causing restaurants to be ranked higher. I submitted that question online to SD County last week, got zero response.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
only logical thought, you don’t stand still in a retail store, only moving isle to isle. Indoor dining you are sitting in one spot for an hour.

now if you ask me, it is all due to how they execute trace testing. I have heard the first question is related to restaurants/bars. If you say yes, they stop. So maybe it’s the trace testing questions and how they are asked that is causing restaurants to be ranked higher. I submitted that question online to SD County last week, got zero response.

I think you’ve put FAR more thought into it than any bureaucracy has.
People need food to stay at home. Stores open, restaurants closed, more people at home. That’s all the thought they put into it.
More damage done, more federal money.
Biden “wins”, more business losses mean more fed money assured now.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

The revolution was started in bars. They dont want it to start again. They want people to be physically apart so verbal communication is exceptionally difficult. Easier to get hseep to eve's drop and report. Many municipalities are already encouraging people to turn in their own neighbors who are not following the dictators directions....

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I think you’ve put FAR more thought into it than any bureaucracy has.
People need food to stay at home. Stores open, restaurants closed, more people at home. That’s all the thought they put into it.
More damage done, more federal money.
Biden “wins”, more business losses mean more fed money assured now.
Exactly. The liberal state governors are going for maximum relief. They could give a fuck about what happens to the people, they just want fat money checks from the federal government.

Fuck those cocksucking democat whores. Fuck them.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Backlash

Reaction score
What cracks me up is the YUGE number of restaurants that have been forced to move their dining outside. And how many of these restaurants have forced their customers to now eat directly next to streets and thoroughfares where cars, trucks and buses are passing by in close proximity. Is it more safe to breathe all these nasty exhaust fumes and pollution into your lungs, or take a chance of maybe, possibly catching something similar to a flu??

Case in point....Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena, CA. Idiots. 🙄🤦‍♂️

Performance Grips

Reaction score
What cracks me up is the YUGE number of restaurants that have been forced to move their dining outside. And how many of these restaurants have forced their customers to now eat directly next to streets and thoroughfares where cars, trucks and buses are passing by in close proximity. Is it more safe to breathe all these nasty exhaust fumes and pollution into your lungs, or take a chance of maybe, possibly catching something similar to a flu??

Case in point....Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena, CA. Idiots. 🙄🤦‍♂️
Or being next to a traffic lane with a pop up post as a barrier in a lot of cases. The people in power are of the dumbest common denominator

Backlash

Reaction score
Yep. I'm just waiting for some type of mass casualty accident where an out of control vehicle collides with one of these temporary barriers. 🤬

rvrrat350

Reaction score
with them doing the contact tracing restaurants/bars arent even in the top 10!! grocery stores are #1

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Shut down Walmart and all big box stores and the shift will occur.
All I have.

spectras only

Reaction score
Newsom ; Birthday parties are OK if your a Democrat leader but Thanksgiving with your family, No.