WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No more surfing

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Saw a 4 car caravan of people with surf boards going down the 371 and 79s . They are in for a big shock, news just said ., All beaches in Ca. are closed and the first 1000 feet of water from the beach out is closed.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Saw a 4 car caravan of people with surf boards going down the 371 and 79s . They are in for a big shock, news just said ., All beaches in Ca. are closed and the first 1000 feet of water from the beach out is closed.

Seriously?

Singleton

Reaction score
Carlsbad PD was following a surfer yesterday as he walked from water to car.
he got the ‘no beach access aloud’ speech over the bullhorn - got to witness that fun as I was driving to pick up dinner last night

Reaction score
People are taking this as a vacation , so I guess it's for the best.

you think....

?

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
you think....

?
Ya , guess they are all immune.
I hope all the people that left Ca.to go to their Az. homes are staying there for a month. But I doubt it. I was thinking of about going to our 100 year old family cabin , but why put stress on the mountain markets. The residents are having enough of a hard time getting supplies, they don't need any part timers. So were staying home and riding it out.

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
Right now on the news they are showing a surfer at Ocean Beach (San Diego) going into the water. They are telling the person to get out, but they are paddling out.

Heylam

Reaction score
Parking lots are closed, but you can still surf anywhere in Orange County.

boatpi

Reaction score
That’s True orange county beaches are open but the local parking lot close I just park in the neighborhood

zhandfull

Reaction score
Have camping reservations next weekend on Rincon Parkway in Ventura (beach frontage). Been looking but don't see any signs of them not allowing camping. Its a Ventura County campground.

Heylam

Reaction score
IMG_2043.jpg

HitIt

Reaction score
Would love to see a source on this. I can't find any confirmation. Generally, It would be great if people post sources to these sorts of things. Otherwise, rumours tend to get out of control.

"All the beaches in Ca" and "1000 feet" are pretty specific.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I see 2 guys out at san o on surf cam, when is the last time you seen that on a saturday?

sirbob

Reaction score
I hope all the people that left Ca.to go to their Az. homes are staying there for a month. But I doubt it. I was thinking of about going to our 100 year old family cabin , but why put stress on the mountain markets. The residents are having enough of a hard time getting supplies, they don't need any part timers. So were staying home and riding it out.
seein a lot of "vacationers" here in southern Utah........................STAY THE FUK HOME PEOPLE!!!!!

Hamptons wants to ban New York coronavirus refugees
https://mol.im/a/8162899
DE690F6F-1F5F-49CF-BA2B-724046B7B2C6.png

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Would love to see a source on this. I can't find any confirmation. Generally, It would be great if people post sources to these sorts of things. Otherwise, rumours tend to get out of control.
quick Google search got this...

HitIt

Reaction score

sirbob

Reaction score

Heylam

Reaction score
San Diego City, and LA County have closed the beaches and the water.
When you look at Lower Trestles and the Huntjngton Beach Pier, I imagine Orange County will be doing it soon.

HitIt

Reaction score
Will someone please send a link to a news article or official city/county/state source that says that you cant go in the water (locally or in the entire state).

Yes, they have been closing parking lots for a while.

PlanB

Reaction score

I am watching it on the local news in San Diego right now. They are showing the closed beaches and parking lots. They also showed them telling a surfer to get out of the water using a PA system.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I just watched on news channel all beaches closed, 1000 feet into water and the sand to get to water. Didn't seem to be that way yesterday in HB.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I drove by Torrance beach and Redondo yesterday. Shut down with cops patrolling. You would have to cross there barricades to get to the water. Did not see any surfers or boats out.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Crowded line-ups
1st rule of line up. Dont sit that close. Dont sit 6' inside of the guy outside, unless its on the shoulder. Still a dick move but acceptable.
I actually think surfing would be fine. I suppose getting there is the issue.
Hiking trails are packed. But no surfing.

Heylam

Reaction score
1st rule of line up. Dont sit that close. Dont sit 6' inside of the guy outside, unless its on the shoulder. Still a dick move but acceptable.
I actually think surfing would be fine. I suppose getting there is the issue.
Hiking trails are packed. But no surfing.

Haha, have you surfed lately? Surf etiquette is a thing of the past. Paddle out at Lowers and see where etiquette gets you.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Haha, have you surfed lately? Surf etiquette is a thing of the past. Paddle out at Lowers and see where etiquette gets you.
I would never surf at lowers for that reason. Im too old

HitIt

Reaction score
FWIW, I count about 30 guys out right now at this beach in the state of CA within 1000 feet of shore. Not sure what they are out there for though. Surf sucks. Guess they needed to get away from their wives.

wzuber

Reaction score
In an "abundance of extra caution" for the potential spread of this virous My assumption on it is... they likely feel the need to close every thing to everyone so that people can't say "why should I sit at home being bored and frustrated while those people are out doing as they wish?" "Fuggit, if their out, then I'm going out too." And then this virus spreads like the Northern Cal. wind driven wild fires and over whelms our medical system and the earth's population comes to an end........by easter. :eek::rolleyes:

HBCraig

Reaction score
San Diego City, and LA County have closed the beaches and the water.
When you look at Lower Trestles and the Huntjngton Beach Pier, I imagine Orange County will be doing it soon.
I heard they are shouting down all HB beaches with the exception of about 1000' or so north of 9th street.

These people are idiots. They are hanging out in public like it's not a big deal.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Etiquette is a thing of the past unfortunately

Joker

Reaction score
I heard they are shouting down all HB beaches with the exception of about 1000' or so north of 9th street.

These people are idiots. They are hanging out in public like it's not a big deal.

its crowded from Main St South. Everyone is just using the meters on PCH

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Beaches closed here. Water is open. They are saying that you have to be able to get out and exercise Along with the other important things like food and medical. SMH. It is a case of give an inch taKe a foot. Also able to pick up fish directly from the fish market at incredible prices since the hotels and Resturants are not buying the fresh catch of the day.

manxman

Reaction score
Coronado yesterday was pretty mellow!! Silver strand was closed.
20200327_120312.jpg
20200327_121326.jpg
20200327_121333.jpg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
You are a smart dude. I can't get my mind around anyone whose not self quarantined presently.... to not be is selfish in my opinion. Can't see it any other way.

4Waters

Reaction score
You are a smart dude. I can't get my mind around anyone whose not self quarantined presently.... to not be is selfish in my opinion. Can't see it any other way.
I'm still working but other than that I am staying home, I don't want this to screw up boating season, these idots need to stay home! If these idots would just stay home this would be over in a few weeks tops.

jet496

Reaction score
Oceanside and Coronado are open
How does a guy sitting at home not sick, get in his car, then walk across the sand and go in ocean spread anything.
They did it because last week the beaches & boardwalks were packed with kids & people that aren't working or in school because of this & unfortunately they were inconsiderate of the requests to social distance. I expect more restrictions because people are just freaking ignorant to the social distancing.

This is a collaborative effort, whether it's real or fancied, and everybody just needs to adhere to the requests, whether they like them or not, until this blows over. Stay the fuck home in other words, please.

Or, if you're going to go out, which we all need to from time to time, practice stay 6 ft away from people & wear gloves, etc. I was in Smart & Final the other day & people were literally bumping me to get past when if they;'d just slow the fuck down I would have moved for them. Survival of the fittest may come into play here.

Last edited:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Nope only staying for the weekend at my house in Havasu. Nice weather. Brought my own beer, vodka, oj and food. Been working on my boat, rhino and golf cart. My house sits about 15’ above the street and away from the street. Nobody’s coming up here. Just need to get gas with my gloves on and I will be back to Yorba Linda tomorrow. 👍