WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No Names to Protect the Stupid

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I know a company in Orange County that had a ransomware attack some months back. Screwed the company up royally. So, what'd they do? They paid the hackers some millions of dollars.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Then what did they do?

Nothing. Got their network running and files back and business as usual.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
The person that told me this said their IT team is to blame.

Nah. I blame the owners of the company. They've made a lot of money over the years. In spite of themselves

And if you're their customer you're paying for their stupidity

WhatExit?

Reaction score
It's OK though. They're a $190 million company. Yeah, the company will pay for it

4Waters

Reaction score
A company I used to work for did automatic backups every Sunday, they got hacked on a Thursday, all they did was wipe all their computers clean and reinstalled from last update. They lost 3 days worth of sales information but as customers started calling about their orders they got caught up and set backup for everyday. Bastards didn't get a dime.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
You do know most companies carry insurance for this right? Insurance will pay out. Most of the time the insurance company will have a negotiator work out terms with the hacker and then pay them in crypto.

If I had to guess this is your employer and you're pissed thinking they paid them out and wondering why they have so much money to pay them off but not pay you more as an employee. I'd make a bet they have the insurance policy...

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Reaction score
You do know most companies carry insurance for this right? Insurance will pay out. Most of the time the insurance company will have a negotiator work out terms with the hacker and then pay them in crypto.

If I had to guess this is your employer and you're pissed thinking they paid them out and wondering why they have some much money to pay them off but not pay you more as an employee. I'd make a bet they have the insurance policy...

Bad guess; not my employer. But I admit to thinking they're stupid as I know both times it affected their business and their customers (insurance, if they had it, didn't help their employees or their customers).

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
If it’s Tesla I call bullshit and it’s a money making scam just like that Elon musk is. But even if I’m wrong that guy Elon is making money from stupid countries subsidizing all his work as he charges for it. It’s a joke and so is he. ( zero carbon) stupid fucks. Electric comes from a unregulated power plant spewing carbon all day long. So stupid

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I think WhatExit got off on the wrong exit and is lost...